Zelda Symphony of the Godesses Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolf_Imbri

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:00 pm
I'm just curious if any of the Nintendo Cult members have been to any of the Symphonies on the tour yet, or intent to go to any later this year?

I went to the one in SF yesterday with my mom and some friends, 'twas awesome. Or is the idea of sitting through 2 hours of orchestrated video game music odd to some people? X3

The tour schedule, what's left of it since it's winding down to the last ones, is here:

Symphony of the Goddesses

The last time I checked, the discount code was Hoboklin. If it changes and anyone is wanting me to go back to my Club Nintendo page and check what it is now, feel free to ask!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:04 pm
One of my friends went. Heard it was awesome.  

LifelessFawkes

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:01 pm
I feel like the first symphony didn't quite live up to it's source material, which was a shame. Since it's mostly the same songs this one probably won't be any different.

What was your favorite piece?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:42 pm
[Kegan]
I feel like the first symphony didn't quite live up to it's source material, which was a shame. Since it's mostly the same songs this one probably won't be any different.

What was your favorite piece?

Weellllll...

I actually didn't enjoy this one as much as I thought I would- my mom and I went to the 25th anniversary symphony in LA in October- mind you the music did vary a bit, but as my mom put, 'I've already heard it, it'd be nice to hear something new'. Nevermind the fact that she wants to know if there's another Cali performance. Pfft... we'd totally go again.

Don't get me wrong! It was still awesome! But the shock and awe had worn off, I suppose- my friends who hadn't been were completely overwhelmed, so maybe it's a matter of not knowing what you missed/that first experience. And I didn't really care for some of the changes. Of course there's always the let down of 'why didn't they do -insert name-?' And The Legend of Hyrule, with the three goddesses sounded... well, discord-y. My ears were somewhat disturbed throughout most of that piece. But that was the only one I didn't enjoy. The rest of the time just flew by, I couldn't believe we'd just sat through about 2 hours of music, it was just that good.

The Great Fairy's Fountain theme was my favorite both times, hands down. The harps were heavenly. I preferred the Anniversary version to the Goddesses version, but they're both absolutely lovely.

What about you? Did you have a favorite piece? After the Great Fairy's Fountain, The Wind Waker Symphonic Movement was a close second for me. (And wtf was up with the lack of programs? I thought we'd have something!)  

Wolf_Imbri

Friendly Werewolf

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:13 am
I went to the Vancouver Symphony. Got a t-shirt and a poster!

Overall, I thought the show was amazing. The conductor had a lot of energy, and seemed to genuinely enjoy both the music and the source material. The orchestra was spectacular, though that will vary by region. And tons of cool people were there (one guy had a Scrapper costume, complete with spinning helicopter-blade things).  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:22 am
Gerudo Valley, probably.

Sorry for the late response.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Jennalaia

Salty Sleuth

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:35 pm
I'm going to a concert in July- the one in PA.

I'm really excited, I can't wait~ ouo  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:50 pm
dragn99
I went to the Vancouver Symphony. Got a t-shirt and a poster!

Overall, I thought the show was amazing. The conductor had a lot of energy, and seemed to genuinely enjoy both the music and the source material. The orchestra was spectacular, though that will vary by region. And tons of cool people were there (one guy had a Scrapper costume, complete with spinning helicopter-blade things).

My friends and I cosplayed, and uh... walking was hard. It was in SF so I thought we'd have tons of cosplayers, so it wouldn't be an issue- ha ha, I'm a idiot. Walk stop for photos, walk stop for photos... So cosplaying IS cool, but remember that those cosplayers need to get to the bar before intermission is up too. rofl

Ganon, Sheik and Midna

I totally bought a poster! I was kind of dissapointed that they weren't offering the ones from the 25th anniversary set or something similar too, but you can get a couple of them from Nintendo's rewards program if you have 400 points. The Symphony of the Goddesses one is very pretty tho, very nature-y, and looks lovely. I love the fairies floating around the rain. It's definitely one of my new favorites.

I have to ask- was the conductor still pregnant? Because my mom kept joking that she was running off stage because she was going into labor, she was that preggers. rofl

Oh the symphony was definitely lovely. My friends who hadn't been were, like I said, blown away. We were like... 2 hours just went by? O.o Mom and I think it just lost the initial shock and awe factor that had me crying my little fangirl eyes out the first time. That said we would totally go again. And again. And- you get the point. 3nodding

Like I keep asking the others, did you have a favorite piece? Mine's still the Fairy Fountain theme. emotion_bigheart I just loved the harps and the vocals!  

Wolf_Imbri

Friendly Werewolf

Wolf_Imbri

Friendly Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:54 pm
Jennyss729
I'm going to a concert in July- the one in PA.

I'm really excited, I can't wait~ ouo

Take your camera, you will NOT regret it! There will be cosplayers and decorations and... well when they're playing they ask you not to take photos. But seriously, considering the number of flashes going off in the theatre, I think maybe 1/4th of the ppl really listen to that. rofl

Have tons of fun! cat_4laugh They'll sell posters and T-Shirts at least! (When I went, they had a poster and t-shirt combo for $35. You saved I think $10 total for getting both at once.) Word of warning tho, if you want a soda or something, if it's anything like where I was it's gonna cost $5 for a TINY bottle. TINY. Not even 12 ounces I think. cat_gonk You might want to sneak something in! cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 4:58 pm
[Kegan]
Gerudo Valley, probably.

Sorry for the late response.

Oh np, I was away from gaia for like a month recently. And I love that one on the soundtrack! And it's my BFF's favorite and a close second for my mom. I was really surprised they chose that piece, as opposed to maybe a medly of the temple themes, but you will not hear me complain! rofl It was a pleasant upbeat after some of the slower pieces, helped with a little shock value. yum_puddi  

Wolf_Imbri

Friendly Werewolf

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:42 pm
Wolf_Imbri

I have to ask- was the conductor still pregnant? Because my mom kept joking that she was running off stage because she was going into labor, she was that preggers. rofl

Like I keep asking the others, did you have a favorite piece? Mine's still the Fairy Fountain theme. emotion_bigheart I just loved the harps and the vocals!
Yeah, she was still pregnant. Ran off the stage several times (we're guessing she had to pee).

Favourite piece was probably the Majora's Mask medley. She said it was a first time thing for them too.  
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 10:59 pm
dragn99
Wolf_Imbri

Yeah, she was still pregnant. Ran off the stage several times (we're guessing she had to pee).

Favourite piece was probably the Majora's Mask medley. She said it was a first time thing for them too.

I remember a Majora's Mask... tribute is the word I want to use, at the 25th anniversary symphony, but not at the one in SF. Hmmm... so they ARE altering their selection a bit for other areas! Interesting!

...Damn, I'd love to hear the changes they made to that. T^T Nintendo had better release a soundtrack for this thing (And I mean a WHOLE soundtrack, not half of one with a game! I'll buy it Nintendo, just give me the chaaaaance!) when the tour is over, that's all I can say! yum_puddi  

Wolf_Imbri

Friendly Werewolf

Jennalaia

Salty Sleuth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:25 pm
So July's here, and the concert's next week. I've decided I'm cosplaying as Fem!Link with a fail of a Master Sword, blonde lolita wig, and Mom is knitting me a hat. o_O  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:13 am
Jennyss729
So July's here, and the concert's next week. I've decided I'm cosplaying as Fem!Link with a fail of a Master Sword, blonde lolita wig, and Mom is knitting me a hat. o_O

Nice! And I think if you tried to take a real-ish Master sword in there'd be issues, I remember the Links at the one I was at had fake looking swords... considering recent events involving shows and attacks, it might be a good idea actually. <.< And if yours is anything like the SF one, there will be ppl very happy to see cosplayers!

Also, pics would be awesome. Just saying. X3 I hope you have a lot of fun!  

Wolf_Imbri

Friendly Werewolf

Raptorphobia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:50 pm
Never got to see the first tour. I hope that htey have a tour spot in texas this time around.  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff