Submit

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:09 pm
The first order of business upon arriving in Kodo was to get some food, and that's what he had done. Granted he'd passed by several places until he'd found this one, a local tavern that was located off the main stretch. Looked like his kind of place, and so now he was sitting at a table all by his lonesome, with a perky little waitress welcoming him. She set a menu before him, although he seemed to hardly notice as he looked around for a moment. But soon enough the young man with the black hair turned a smile towards her.

"Hey, got any curry?" he asked, not having even looked at the menu yet as he was just now flipping it open.

"Eh? We don't serve that kind of thing here. We're near the harbor, so we specialize in seafood." The waitress giving her new patron an odd look. He didn't seem to be from around here at all. The sword he'd brought with him going unmentioned.

"Oh, well then I'll have the fish," he said cheerfully while pointing a finger downward on the menu to indicate the specifics. They had a lot of fish after all.

"Ah?" she asked, leaning over to look at the particular dish he'd pointed at and nodded. With that, she walked off, leaving him to himself again. He'd sat in a booth, thus the young man now leaned back, stretching both arms across the top of the seat as he heaved a long sigh. His black eyes turning towards the ceiling.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:46 pm
Most of the way had been spent wandering around the new city, taking in the signs, and getting to know what kind of culture they might have here.
Though she was most interested in the pokemon, something she found to be oddly lacking in comparison to the other League regions.
Not that she was saying it was hard to find pokemon, it was just starting to make sense when she was told that this island was only just starting to pick up into the whole training thing.

Eh, well so far she wasn't seeing what was so special about this place, seemed like an ordinary City.
She knew she had a lot more exploring to do though.
For now however... Lunch!
She found a place tucked away, and decided this would be as good as any.

Rayan was greeted at the door, and lead by one of the hosts to a table in the room, but as she was passing one of the other tables, Mossy green eyes flicked a double take at an individual sitting at the table able.

All six foot of the tall women stopped just at the corner of the table, her head tilting to the side as she squinted at the man, smooth ash gray hair felling further into one of her eyes as a notched eyebrow was quirked
"You Lady." She started, with a spreading grin. "Don't look like you're from around here." She held a finger up, the nail painted black "in fact, you don't look like your from anywhere I've been, and I've been around."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:55 pm
He felt a shadow pass over him and the black haired man turned his eyes in the direction of a woman looming over his table. The way she addressed him caused him to blink several times at her. Lady? His head tilted up and then fell in an exaggerated sigh.

"Yeah, well, you got me," he said good naturedly with a voice that was definitely that of a man. Despite the confusion about his gender though, he didn't seem at all offended. Probably because it had happened before.

He then looked back up at her with a smirk before dropping his arms from the back of the chair. "You don't exactly look like you're from around here either." This said as he leaned over the table to put his elbows on it and take a drink from the glass of water the waitress had brought him  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:10 pm
The reply that she got was most DEFINITELY not feminine, she stared for a second before her eyes widened from the squirt, joined with a broader grin, her eyes flicking down to his chest them back of at him.
the finger was shaken again "Aaand you know what, had I taken just a couple more seconds when i saw you I would not have made that mistake. Sorry about that." She said, with a laugh,
He didn't seem particularly offended by it, thankfully, that could have made for a very AWKWARD moment, filled with Rayan laughing and someone else getting angry.
"But look at you, your so pretty, you can't really hold that against me. I bet you get all the chicks, huh."

her wide smirk settled on her lips, placing a hand on her hip as he made the observation that she wasn't around here either.
"Hey impressive, I look like that much of a tourist do I?" She teased, "I'm from Unova" She explained, then gestured to his sword "Is that real?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:22 pm
The look on her face was worth the mistake, which was usually how it went. The smirk remained as he watched this woman and listened to her talk. He appeared to be particularly amused at the finger shaking.

He just chuckled at the mention of being pretty and chicks. "Yep, I'm a knock out," he said while swirling the water around in his glass, causing the ice to rattle. Hm.

"Grande Ile," he then replied in turn, telling where he was from. At the question of his sword though, he picked it up and set it across from him on the table. "Take a look for yourself." Which was also a silent invitation for her to sit and join him. He certainly didn't mind the company.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:48 pm
Rayan laughed at his self complement, not out of mocking, but at the shared amusement and easy going nature of this guy "Hey Hey at least you know it, Right?"

The notched eyebrow was raised again when he brought up the name of where he was from.
Grand Ile, of course she had heard of the place before, but certainly didn't know anything about it. She had been a busy busy trainer after all.
Her grin hitched back up on her lips and she turned to the hostess. "I'll sit right here if thats alright."
She told the lady, who smiles back and nodded, leaving Ray to drop down into the nearest seat and reach out for the sword.

She certainly wasn't a person who was hesitant about anything, pulling the sword from the sheath, and holding the blade up to examine it.
"Preparing for a war or something?" She asked with another chuckle, dropping the flat of the blade down onto the back of her hand.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:08 pm
Black eyes followed the woman as she sat herself down, and he laughed again. "Naw. It seems that carrying them around is more common where I'm from than it is here." He'd gotten a few odd looks after he'd arrived in port.

Now that she was sitting directly across from him, she could likely see the bruise that was on his jaw which had been previously facing away from her.

"So do you always handle a man's sword before introducing yourself?" he said with another wry smirk, watching as she examined the blade.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 pm
It was the first time she had seen someone carrying a sword around on their person. Grand Ile must really be different.

She let out a snort of laugher at the comment about her handling his sword, "Well I guess so." she added, reaching out to pick up the sheath, and slide the sword back in.
"I'm Ray. And its R.A.Y, alright, not that floofy way R.E.A." the women added with a sarcastic flare in her voice toward the end.

the single eye that was showing shifted back up forward him, observing him for a moment and taking note of the bruise. "whats your name?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:32 pm
Folding his arms across his chest, he looked up amusedly as she made sure that he knew how to spell her name properly. Funny thing was, he'd never actually heard of that other spelling and would have naturally assumed the former.

"Okay, okay, I got it," he said with another laugh.

"Yuri, Yuri Lowell," he then said as she prompted for his own name.

"So Ray, what brings you to a place like this? Don't tell me its really just tourism. I'll be disappointed." She really didn't look like the type to just be out here for sight seeing.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:51 pm
"Oh I know you think its funny." Ray said at the look on his face, followed by his laugh and confirmation, still wearing that perpetual smile on her face. "but people get it wrong all the time, and you can tell from the way they pronounce it. just that iittly bitty different."
She shook her head pulling some of the hair in her face up.

"Yuri" she said, "Yuri" repeating it once more before she nodded. "Its nice to meet you Yuri."

The waitress came around, to get Ray's order, she paused from the conversation to get a fish sandwich and a beer.
Then turned back to Yuri.
"Mmmm- I wouldn't really say I'm a tourist, though I am here to take a look around. Some friends told me about this place, seems some interesting things are in store for it."
A gloves hand was gesture toward him. "What about you?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:10 pm
Yuri tilted his head slightly as she repeated his name. Seems that she had a thing for names.. what with her being so picky over hers and all as well. He said nothing as the waitress came and took Ray's order, waiting patiently for the woman's response to his question.

"Looking for a little adventure then, huh?" That sounded about right, and Yuri had to admit he wouldn't mind some himself.

Her question drew a finger pointing at the bruise on his jaw. "Let's just say that it wasn't my idea. But here I am. Guess it was about time for me to get out and see the world."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:36 pm
"Aahhh, I see." She noted, with a downward tilt of her head as she peered over the bruise.
Pushed upon the island then. Interesting.
"Well I for one, certainly advocate trying new things and being a bit spontaneous." she wined with a cocky grin.

her elbows were slid onto the table, long arms coming together as her fingers laced into each other in front of her strong chin.
"Its starting to seem like Kodo is the place to be now a days."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:42 pm
"Hey, don't get me wrong, I'm all for that." But certainly there were less painful ways to go about it. Oh well. What was done, was done. And it had all been for the best intentions, even if Yuri hadn't really wanted to come.

"I guess we'll see if its all its cracked up to be."

It was about that time that the waitress returned with both of their orders. Setting a plate of in front of each of them as well as sliding a couple beers before them.

"Huh? I didn't order that," Yuri said looking at the beer. Not that he minded, but he hadn't planned on drinking just yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:33 pm
She winked her visible eye at him at his reply, approving of his opinion. that was the way to do things! made things so much more interesting!

"I guess we will, see what kind of gems the league seems to have think they've unearthed."
She glanced up at the waitress as she came over to give them their food.
"Or what stink they're trying to smother out." she added with a wider, almost dangerous smirk.
This might be exciting, she certainly hoped so.

Two beers were placed down, but Yuri, looking confused, voiced that he had not ordered one.
The waitress, seemed apologetic and surprised, but before she could take it back Ray leaned forward and held a hand up "Oh woh woh woh, he'll keep it."
she said quickly, shooting a look back over to Yuri.
"Your not going to let me drink on my own are you?" she paused and smirked again "Well, if your over age that is."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:42 pm
Yuri blinked at Ray, then smirked and waved at the waitress to go ahead and leave it.

"Guess I can't when you say it like that, and yeah I'm legal." Not that it would necessarily have stopped him if he wasn't.

When the waitress had left though, he didn't touch his beer yet and instead started working on his food.

"The league, huh?" Yuri asked, going back to Ray's initial comments. "Can't say I know much about them."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff