Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Did my first M-Shift Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:08 pm
I decided to go with a cat that seemed close enough to me to shirt into, and that car would be a jaguar. cat_3nodding

This will all see weird to you guys, but I still want to post it. Because it means a lot to me if I can post it and not been seen as way too weird cat_sweatdrop

Anyway, here was my experience. Mind you I did this on my bed lying down with my eyes closed until I opened them and started moving around.

"I'm not sure how much time I spent being shifted. But I definitely did.

I've never felt the way I did. At first I was seeing tunnel vision, and my view was small. I had to think of every detail about what I was. But, as time we t on, my view got wider. And I did more things automatically. Like yawning the way they do, and growling. I roared. I really roared.

And every time I roared, I felt this burning sensation starting in my gut, then slowly working its way through my body. I felt my eyes vibrating in their sockets. I don't even know how to do that. And my limps were vibrating.

At one point, I was envisioning climbing up a tree, but then suddenly my vision went grey. I couldn't see anything, I wanted the fog to be clear. So I growled and snarled and roared. And eventually, I felt the vibrating reach its peak, and then stop. And I could see. See very very clearly (my eyes were closed the whole time).

Clearly.

As a jaguar.

I envisioned a landscape not known well by jaguars; a grassy field with almost no trees. I began to pant in the hot sun and felt the heat getting under my fur. Flies started bothering me and I shook my head. I looked around and spotted what looked like a jungle of sorts off in the distance. So I started off at a run towards it. About midway to it, I began to get really thirsty, so I lifted my head in the air and sniffed. I could smell a spring not far off, and when I get there, I leaned down to the water and lapped it up with my tongue. When I turned around to head back, I came face to face with another jaguar. We exchanged growls and angry looks, but I managed to get past him. When I arrived at the forest, I climbed up a tree and laid down in the branches. And I knew. I could open my eyes and be a jaguar.

So I opened my eyes actually, and I could still see the landscape. Even if I was looking directly at my room, I saw a faded image of the plain. And I still felt like a jaguar. I got down off my bed because Temari (my cat) kept trying to get in my room by annoying me with her scratching at the door. So I snarled at the door and she stopped. Then I jumped back on the bed and laid down again, where I set my head down and relaxed for a few minutes.then I realized I would have to become human again, so I had to envision myself with my human features again. And slowly, I became human again. I'm all good now."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:25 pm
What?  

00Shoe
Captain

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:37 pm
00Shoe
What?

Using your mind to transform into an animal.

I'm trying to learn more about it. Here's a link to a guide cat_3nodding
Guide  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:02 pm
As in daydreaming that you are an animal?  

00Shoe
Captain

mr_white19

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:16 pm
i guess its one of those mind over matter kind of things never heard of it though  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 pm
I have also heard of it idk the one time I heard of it was on Paranormal state only in that situation the guy had made some deal with the devil to become a were wolf and a wolf like spirit was attacking him and his kid.

I think its certainly possible but idk I just like pretending to be an animal sometimes smile good enough for me.  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Xennified

Friendly Friend

9,750 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:54 am
I don't believe in that kind of thing myself, but I'm not gonna stop you.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 am
Neither do I. A skeptic requires evidence!  

00Shoe
Captain

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:13 pm
00Shoe

For the most part, it's really all in the mind. You have to get your mind to will itself to become more animalistic.

As for evidence? My friend who got me into it did a shift once (he had this block for a while and couldn't do it) but ended up freakkng out when it finally happened so he lost the shift. I think it's more of a step up from Lucid Dreaming on the "have great control of your mind" scale.
There are also people who have done it to connect with their spirit animal.

The best parallel I can make is between this and women who will themselves to pregnancy: they want to be pregnant so badly, that they "become pregnant" and start showing all the signs of it, including a belly bump. But the only thing missing is an actual unborn child.
Similarly, you can convince yourself and want to be an animal so badly, that you "become an animal." Except the reasons they happen are different. Pregnancy for the emotionally wanting to be pregnant, and the animal from purposefully training your mind.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:15 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
I have also heard of it idk the one time I heard of it was on Paranormal state only in that situation the guy had made some deal with the devil to become a were wolf and a wolf like spirit was attacking him and his kid.

I think its certainly possible but idk I just like pretending to be an animal sometimes smile good enough for me.

That's usually what I do xD  

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:16 pm
00Shoe
As in daydreaming that you are an animal?

More so putting yourself into a trance I imagine.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:31 pm
Kit Kat Purrpurr
00Shoe

For the most part, it's really all in the mind. You have to get your mind to will itself to become more animalistic.

As for evidence? My friend who got me into it did a shift once (he had this block for a while and couldn't do it) but ended up freakkng out when it finally happened so he lost the shift. I think it's more of a step up from Lucid Dreaming on the "have great control of your mind" scale.

The best parallel I can make is between this and women who will themselves to pregnancy: they want to be pregnant so badly, that they "become pregnant" and start showing all the signs of it, including a belly bump. But the only thing missing is an actual unborn child.
Similarly, you can convince yourself and want to be an animal so badly, that you "become an animal." Except the reasons they happen are different. Pregnancy for the emotionally wanting to be pregnant, and the animal from purposefully training your mind.

It would I imagine be a lot like that one episode of CSI where there is that guy who has a house full of girls and guys who are in a trance like state of sorts just being nothing but cat like. getting petted scratched playing with cat toys and mostly just having fun lol cant remember the name of the episode but it was a good one smile  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:32 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Kit Kat Purrpurr
00Shoe

It would I imagine be a lot like that one episode of CSI where there is that guy who has a house full of girls and guys who are in a trance like state of sorts just being nothing but cat like. getting petted scratched playing with cat toys and mostly just having fun lol cant remember the name of the episode but it was a good one smile

Which CSI?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:39 pm
Kit Kat Purrpurr

Ah. I didn't actually get a chance to read the link you posted, but this is what I figured. You are tricking yourself into thinking you are an animal (either by dreaming or other means) at first I though you meant physically turning into an animal, in which case - there is no way.

As for the second part of your post, have there been actual reports of that happening (it seems very unlikely); and I don't mean posts on a blog - I mean things from medical journals.  

00Shoe
Captain

Kit Kat Purrpurr

Dangerous Ladykiller

10,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:41 pm
00Shoe
Kit Kat Purrpurr

Ah. I didn't actually get a chance to read the link you posted, but this is what I figured. You are tricking yourself into thinking you are an animal (either by dreaming or other means) at first I though you meant physically turning into an animal, in which case - there is no way.

As for the second part of your post, have there been actual reports of that happening (it seems very unlikely); and I don't mean posts on a blog - I mean things from medical journals.

I know, I first heard about that sort of thing on CSI xD  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces