Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
God Child Licensed by VIZ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 10:41 am
I don't know if any of you know this, but VIZ has just recently annouced that God Child will be appearing in their new magazine, Shojo Beat. But the magazine won't be released until July of this year but..I CAN'T WAIT xp  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:20 am
Neither can I! I'd love to read it on paper in a language I can understand. Only... I'm not sure if i'll be able to buy it here... Hope so! 3nodding  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:11 pm
I'm rather dissappointed/annoyed that they are only releasing God Child and not the entirity of Count Cain, but I guess that's too much for fickle America to devote itself to.

Now people are going to think that the first five books of the series never existed.
You just lost 4 story arcs worth of back story right there.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:48 pm
Sai-kun
I'm rather dissappointed/annoyed that they are only releasing God Child and not the entirity of Count Cain, but I guess that's too much for fickle America to devote itself to.

Now people are going to think that the first five books of the series never existed.
You just lost 4 story arcs worth of back story right there.

They are? I thought they were publishing the whole story under the same name, like they did in Germany. Now, that's a disappointment... xp
It's like they're saying that the first part of the story is of a lower standard.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Vi Sparklemist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:52 am
Sane: If they're going to release volumes of it, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to get get it here. It seems SF-Bokhandeln is found of gothic stories.
...Or it may be because that's what I'm mostly looking for. ninja

Ack! I lost my 1138:th post with this one. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 12:50 pm
Vi Sparklemist
Sane: If they're going to release volumes of it, I'm pretty sure we'll be able to get get it here. It seems SF-Bokhandeln is found of gothic stories.
...Or it may be because that's what I'm mostly looking for. ninja

Ack! I lost my 1138:th post with this one. sad

Yay! The future is bright! whee
Although we'll probably have to wait for a while... How long o you think it will take before the american tankoubon are released?  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:52 pm
Well, I know they're publishing Count Cain here, except it's in French stare . It's being published by the same publisher that's been publishing Angel Sanctuary. But I think VIZ will eventually publish the first 4 books of Count Cain since they're publishing Angel Sanctuary, maybe they'll publish more Kaori Yuki works heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:57 pm
Moonlit Masquerade
Well, I know they're publishing Count Cain here, except it's in French stare . It's being published by the same publisher that's been publishing Angel Sanctuary. But I think VIZ will eventually publish the first 4 books of Count Cain since they're publishing Angel Sanctuary, maybe they'll publish more Kaori Yuki works heart

Eventually...maybe it'll be straight to tankoubon...all I know is that Shoujo Beat is starting off with God Child.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 11:12 am
Sai-kun
Moonlit Masquerade

Eventually...maybe it'll be straight to tankoubon...all I know is that Shoujo Beat is starting off with God Child.

Well, as long as I get to read it on paper, I'm happy.
I read that S-c.net will scan the second volume, before dropping it. Good, good. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:19 pm
Doesn't it just make you cry knowing that stupid little girls that can't spell are going to beat Cain to death with their devilish n00b powers?  

BlackHat
Crew

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:03 am
BlackHat
Doesn't it just make you cry knowing that stupid little girls that can't spell are going to beat Cain to death with their devilish n00b powers?

It makes me want to go into mourning.
They're going to crawl all over Nana too...little girls wanting to be Nana...scary thought...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:18 pm
BlackHat

No. I can ignore them, and it still wont change the fact that it's a fantastic manga.
Cain is stronger than he looks...  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:27 pm
Sanekazura
BlackHat

No. I can ignore them, and it still wont change the fact that it's a fantastic manga.

But you live in Sweden where they aren't crawling underfoot like an infestation!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 11:35 am
Sai-kun
Sanekazura
BlackHat

But you live in Sweden where they aren't crawling underfoot like an infestation!

We have something worse here... stare

People who have read one or two titles, but think they're experts. There are people who think that CLAMP is a man. xp
And they think they're so special, now that they've found a hobby that's so special and unique, when they're just doing what everyone else does. Many swedish fans are so mean and a bunch of know-it-alls. That's why I'm here on gaia instead of a swedich anime-community.  

Kamikaze Pedestrian
Crew

BlackHat
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:51 pm
No, we got that in the US, but worse. The people who think like that have no BRAINS!

Anyway I emailed VIZ about keeping their mits of Yuki-sensei's manga (in a nice way)
I advise you all do the same, or who knows what would happen next!

*thinks about Boys Next Door being licensed and all of the yaoi n00bs going after it*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I hate yaoi noobs...  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas