minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:48 pm
User Image
About Mishi
My name is Michelle, and I am 24 (will be 25 in 2 weeks). I am currently a senior in college, studying Fine Art with a concentration in Photography & Digital Media. Although born and raised in Southern California, I currently live in East Texas with my mom, and 3 siblings who are generally the subjects of my photographs, especially when I want to experiment. I enjoy all things decaying (not food though, thats just gross), and abandoned. I enjoy going to Ren Fest with my man, and his family every year. And I think that is all I am going to say about me!

User Image
About My Photography
My photography is very diverse at the moment, I don't believe an artist of any kind should do one thing only. I love to take portraits, but I also love animals/nature as well as my abandoned buildings. I think if I absolutely had to choose 1 thing to photograph for the rest of my life it would be abandoned structures (houses, buildings, cars, toys, furniture...all of it is disgustingly beautiful).

sorry for the text on the side of all the images, but i have had art stolen before, so i will always have that there... sorry if it bothers you

About - Portraits - Nature - Abandoned - Innocence - Mythology - Alt Process - Events - Misc - Note

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:49 pm
Portraits
(click photo for larger image)

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

User Image User Image User Image

About - Portraits - Nature - Abandoned - Innocence - Mythology - Alt Process - Events - Misc - Note

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:50 pm
Nature

Landscapes

Animals

User Image User Image User Image User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:51 pm
Abandoned

User Image User Image

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:52 pm
Innocence

Series Concept
I have a great passion for photographing children! And more specifically children ACTING like children. so as an ongoing series that will grow through my entire lifetime (because children are always entering the world, so i will never run out of subjects)! In modern society (in my opinion) children grow up way too fast, i see this in my siblings, and wish i could do more to stop it from happening. this project is intended to let the children have FUN in a supervised, and age appropriate way. Playing in the mud, camping at the lake, water fights, etc... all the things that can be fun for ALL ages. No truth or dare, no spin the bottle... NONE OF THAT!!!
(Photos taken are both digital, and 35mm B&W film)

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:55 pm
Mythology

About - Portraits - Nature - Abandoned - Innocence - Mythology - Alt Process - Events - Misc - Notes

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:57 pm
Alternative Processes

this section will have to be on hold until i can get my prints scanned, they are larger then my home scanner can handle. Sorry

About - Portraits - Nature - Abandoned - Innocence - Mythology - Alt Process - Events - Misc - Notes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:58 pm
Events

Coming Soon!

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:05 pm
Miscellaneous Photos

User Image

User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:01 pm
Notes

Deviantart account: http://masharia.deviantart.com/
(this DA is not just for my photography)
Michelle Burkhardt Photography blog: http://michelleburkhardtphotography.blogspot.com/

If any of you have any questions, please dont hesitate to ask! i have gone to school for this and will gladly share any knowledge that i can! and if i do not know the answer, i'm sure i can ask my teachers, or hunt it down on my own!

Other Non-Photo accounts of mine...
Deviantart (jewelry account): http://designsbymishi.deviantart.com/
Designs by Mishi blog: http://designsbymishi.blogspot.com/

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:18 pm
I will be adding to this, but for now here you go!
Open for critiques, comment, or whatever!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:13 am
I noticed in two of your portraits you have shot at not so great times of the day. They have sun spots on them due to the harsh sunlight. You should have either put their backs to the sun and used a fill light or placed them completely in the shade. In your third studio photo your light was too hot on the right side. Same with the couple in the studio but for me it works there because of his facial expression. It makes it more intense looking. It is also placed more to the side so it is not blowing out facial features. My only other tip is watch your framing. You have cut off hands and fingers in awkward places. I hope I have helped. Keep it up!  

scelestic

minimishi

6,700 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:03 pm
what ones have sunspots?

"third studio photo" are you talking about the 3rd photo (of the girl), or the 3rd photo in the studio (of the guy)?

i never even noticed the fingers and hands bit till you said something... i dont seem to pay much attention to them... dunno why, i know they should either be in the frame or not, but never cut off.

thanks for the input! i will have to pay more attention to my hands  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:20 am
minimishi
Portraits

User Image
Could have used a fill light or better placement. He is half in the sun half in shade.

User Image
Your light is a bit too harsh at the right of the camera.

User Image
The sun is too harsh and causing shadows. It could have used a better placement.

User Image
A bit of harsh sun on moms wrist.

User Image
The harsh lighting works here because it was obviously done on purpose and you have not blown out too much details in the skin (a bit at the ear & bottom of the neck).

I don't have time right now to go through the rest because I have to get ready for a wedding but over time as you practice more your eye will be trained to notice the lighting and hand placement. Good luck on your next shoot!

scelestic

Post your own photos!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces