Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Am A Photographer
Crew

Conservative Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:13 am
Quote:
The path of being a photographer opens new worlds to an already enlightened imagination. The only thing that can keep you from achieving what you have imagined, is yourself.

Jonathan Uriah Denney
I Am A Photographer

Inspiration and the will to explore new things, see exotic and remote locations, and capture moments in time, drives me as a photographer.

How about you guys? Tell me what inspires you as a photographer.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:23 am
I Am A Photographer
Quote:
The path of being a photographer opens new worlds to an already enlightened imagination. The only thing that can keep you from achieving what you have imagined, is yourself.

Inspiration and the will to explore new things, see exotic and remote locations, and capture moments in time, drives me as a photographer. its just fun to take a picture in wildlife or a beautiful art thae you like i love being a photographer

How about you guys? Tell me what inspires you as a photographer it just feels like my thing to do and love to do .

lxl-ch1b1-lxl

David2074
Vice Captain

Snuggly Buddy

29,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:27 am
Well, your opening post pretty well sums it up.
I've already explored a lot of exotic and remote locations, though I would like to do more of that.
Currently I think the main drive is to capture moments in time. Grandkids can do that to you, plus they grow and change pretty quickly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:32 am
Quote:
A picture is a poem without words. ~ Horace

Ahvrena

Anxious Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Rally Tyro 100

a paradise lost

Loyal Husband

11,625 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:33 am
Even though I'm not really a photographer (not sure why I was invited to this guild), I plan to be a photographer in the future.

So the only motivation I really have is the need to see something beautiful again that I can only see once. - v - I take a lot of pictures, but it's nothing professional. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:36 am
Madam NomNom
Quote:

I seen your quote before you erased it. lol
I liked it. 3nodding  

I Am A Photographer
Crew

Conservative Explorer

Ahvrena

Anxious Sex Symbol

8,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Rally Tyro 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:37 am
I Am A Photographer
Madam NomNom
Quote:

I liked it. 3nodding

Darn >:L I hoped no one saw that xD  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:38 am
I'm not a photographer, but when I do feel like taking pictures, anything around me inspires me. It can be something as simple as a bracelet on a table, or something big like a dead tree. It's just whatever is around me at that moment. My emotions also help. As an example, there was one day when I wasn't feeling to happy, and there happened to be a very tall, dead tree around. I ended up taking a picture of it and tweaking it a bit. It wasn't too bad a picture ^^ Not sure if I have it anymore...  

Elzia Irithyl

Wrathful Healer

I Am A Photographer
Crew

Conservative Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:39 am
David2074
Well, your opening post pretty well sums it up.
I've already explored a lot of exotic and remote locations, though I would like to do more of that.
Currently I think the main drive is to capture moments in time. Grandkids can do that to you, plus they grow and change pretty quickly.

Well said. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:41 am
Madam NomNom
I Am A Photographer
Madam NomNom
Quote:

I liked it. 3nodding

Darn >:L I hoped no one saw that xD

lol It was a nice quote.

I looked at the Title of the page and I was all like Crap! and then I erased it xD  

I Am A Photographer
Crew

Conservative Explorer

jellykans

Playful Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:52 am
I liketwo things -photojournalism and stop-motion photography.

I had a friend who was a jazz musi_ian and was living in the unfinished basement of a relative's house. It was super roomy, e_tended throughout the full frame house - no interior walls, just the supports. He had one lightbulb, _0 watts, for illumination. I got a superb shot, but the teacher just said to get a release, but would not give a sample and I could not find one. The house sold and the friend had to move. Have no idea where he went. Then the teacher couldn't believe I would not submit the photo to the annual maga_ine. But I had lost contact with the subject.

I met a very happy man who owned an outdoor shoe shine stand with an umbrella. That one was very well composed, but overe_posed, and I shook the camera slightly. The same teacher was not impressed, but I wen back...only I couldn't find the man again.

In stop motion, I took photos at the dance practice for powwow,and while the results were not what I wanted, I was learning.

Not sure if I strayed from the topic, sorry if I did. I had one really good roll that got overdeveloped, so I never knew what it would have looked like.

My mom was probably better. She sent me a very nice picture of her roadrunner. She put food out for him every night, and he would _oom in each night at 5 o'clock, grab the food, and _oom out again.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:07 am
I Am A Photographer

Inspiration and the will to explore new things, see exotic and remote locations, and capture moments in time, drives me as a photographer.

How about you guys? Tell me what inspires you as a photographer.

For me, photography is capturing a certain moment in time. Each photograph (or set of photos), brings back memories and feelings from a certain moment. For some reason, I'm drawn to capturing these memories. Be it for myself, or friends, or even strangers (though I haven't done much portraiture of strangers, but I have hits on my Flickr from all over the world. Maybe they have memories tied to places or people [since I do concert photography as well] in my pictures.) If that makes any sense at all. sweatdrop  

girlwiththetude

Dapper Conversationalist

14,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Champion 300

Ariela Newt

Questionable Cultist

13,515 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:29 am
"Each moment of the year has its own beauty...a picture which was never before and shall never be seen again."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson

This quote, in a way, sums up my reason. To be able to catch a point in time that you'll never see again in a picture is magical to me. You could always go back and look to that frozen moment in time, a unique screenshot of life.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:31 am
I feel like I've already answered this thread, but I guess I haven't. lol

I'm not going to give a very philosophical or deep reason, because I don't really have one. Basically the reasons why I started photography is because

a: I apparently had a natural eye for the artistic elements in photography when I first started now that I look back, and I guess even though I was unaware of this, it just clicked with me.

b: It's nice to feel like you're good at something.

c. It's a kind of escapism for me. I am very much a cynic, a skeptic, and a bit jaded; couple that with a dose of perfectionism and depression and you have a wonderful recipe for someone who enjoys living outside of the realm of the present here and now. It's hard to live in the moment when you don't like the moment you're living in, so I use photography as a way to basically avoid myself. I don't know if it's healthy, but it helps me keep my drive for wanting to get better. It's kind of like a drug. Eventually I get desensitized so I want more and more (analogous to wanting better and better photographs). In conclusion, it's basically an emotional crutch. lol  

Deice

Photography Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces