Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Gunlock Training Academy ~the RP~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Adelle Lawliet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:17 pm
Locale Name:

Classification:
(district, business, city service, eatery or inn, clan, other)

Controlled:

Description:

Past Events:

Current Events:

Last Current Events Page:

On the far side of Byako near the slums lies a large building that towers over the surrounding neighborhood. The building is dark and ominous but it is a symbol of hope for the people in the area, a symbol of a better life. On the surface the building has four floors, the main lobby on the ground floor, the second and third for students and the uppermost floor belonging to the instructors and current headmistress, Sybil Talbot. The interior looks everything like you'd expect a typical boarding school would look like.

The underground portion is a different story. Three sublevels, one of which is devoted to training mercenaries in hand-to-hand combat, ranged weapons, sword fighting and other various forms of combat. The first sublevel is also home to the holo-room which is able to simulate nearly any envioronment. The second sublevel is dedicated to teaching students at the academy stealthier methods of completing a mission. The third and largest sublevel is offlimits to students. It is the research and development department. Charged with developing new weapons and other technological advances to aid in the students training. Sublevel three is also the home of the many scientists and developers that work there.

The students at the Gunlock Training Academy are taken in at a young age twelve being the youngest age accepted for a first year. The students of Gunlock are enrolled for a maximum of six years. They are not generally given tougher training excercises until their third year at the academy. If a student does not perform up to standard by their second year they are dropped from the ranks as a student and sent home, many do not make it past their second year. Along with their training as mercenaries the sudents of Gunlock are also given a normal school curriculum with classes such as: Mathmatics, Foreign Language, History, and Grammar and Literature.

Newly renovated the place now sports a hangar for the storing of aircraft built onto the main complex.
In front of the Gunlock academy is a scale model of the original building as a sort of memmorial.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:52 pm
Sybil threw the papers she had been reading on the desk in front of her. She leaned back took a deep breath and exhaled. It was a report from sublevel three, there had been a minor explosion. She closed her eyes and rubbed her temples. It wasn't enough to do any real lasting damage to the building, but it had injured two techs, probably the ones who had caused the expolsion in the first place.

She sighed and opened her eyes and stared at the computer monitor in front of her. She reached out and pressed a button and it flashed to life instantly. Taking a quick glance at the report on her desk she began her own report. Sybil may be the headmistress of the school but she did have people to answer to when things went wrong.

Her own report was really just a formality though since the real owners and benefactors had probably already recieved the same report as she. Sybil paused in her typing, her prosthetic left arm only giving her minor trouble, and wondered quietly just what it is they were doing down there in sublevel three. Yes they made new equipment for the students but that definitely not all they had developed.

She frowned, she only had acctually had the job for three years and she had been down to sublevel three but it wasn't as if they gave her a tour. Well they had shown her around the first few rooms, but that was it and she was asked to leave. The scientists working there were pretty much out of her control. She bit her lip and resumed typing, it wasn't her job to question the intentions and motives of her superiors, at least while she was still on their payroll she wouldn't.  

Adelle Lawliet

Jeck The Time Watcher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:01 am
He was exploring the city and decided to take a look at the building on the hill, it was massive. As he walked to it he felt like this was a haven, or a training ground, something like that. He shook his head and kept watch for any guards. He would keep silent and go through the trees. "If i'm going to take control of this city i'm going to need to know everything about it"he grinned under his scarf. His scarf was flapping in the wind as he went through the trees.

He was only 19, well only looked like it, and he was already determined on knowing this place. If it was a training facility he might be able to gain access and be trained here for a while, it could help him that much more. If it was something more he'd have to find out about it than.

He couldn't remember anything since 19 years ago so he might as well be that age. He doesn't remember, he also doesn't care one of the many things that gave him an advantage in a fight. He was unaveragely smart and talented, but he also didn't know his boundries yet, which means he can't expand on them.

He stopped his thoughts short as he got to the doors. "i think i'll knock and see what happens" he wrapped on the door with his knuckles a few times and waited.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:21 am
Marylyn looked up from her magazine. Someone had knocked on the door hadn't they? Who ever it was didn't need to. She threw down her magazine and stood. She pursed her lips in annoyance, she had just been reading an interesting article some actor had had an affair with a singer and the actor's wife was furious. Marylyn walked toward the door, or stomped was more like it. She took a deep breath at the door smiled and reach for the handle.  

Adelle Lawliet

Jeck The Time Watcher

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:12 am
He looked at the door thinking for a second. This might be a great place, it seems like it was at least. He looked around and waited for the door maybe one more knock...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:10 pm
Marylyn pulled the door open, still slightly annoyed at being disturbed. Her smile brightened despite her annoyance.

"Why hello there! Can I help you young man?"

Adelle Lawliet

Jeck The Time Watcher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:47 pm
"Oh of course i was wondering if you would be able to help me understand what this building is" He looked at the woman who was mostly mechanical. His metal wings flapped behind him.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 1:37 pm
Marylyn moved out of the way and motioned for him to come inside.

"This is the Gunlock Training Academy for mercenaries, but if you'd like to see Ms. Talbot I'm afriad she is busy at the moment..."

Adelle Lawliet

Jeck The Time Watcher

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:42 pm
"oh no i would like to be trained here. Do you have any idea how i do that?" He looked at her smiling, his scarf around his neck pulled down a bit, his goggles on his forehead.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:05 pm
Marylyn frowned at the young man.

"Well you'd have to see Ms. Talbot about that I'm afriad. She's the one who relly decides whether or not someone is accepted into the academy."

Adelle Lawliet

Jeck The Time Watcher

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:36 am
"oh i see, would i be able to speak with her? Or would i not be able to come?" He looked at her with a raised eyebrow.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:52 pm
Marylyn sighed heavily.

"Well alright, I'll take you too see her. Please follow me."

Marylyn turned and headed for the corridor on her right. Ms. Talbot was certainly not going to be happy about this. She had asked not to be disturbed, but she'd get over it. Marylyn would really rather continue reading her magazine, but this was her job.

((I'm really sorry it's takes me so long to reply. Honestly if takes longer than a day for me to reply just PM me and I'll get right on it. sweatdrop ))  

Adelle Lawliet

xXBeginnerXx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:10 pm
ending walked into the school smiling "i wonder if its open right now?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:23 am
Himiko looked around. Her first day in town and she was what most would consider lost. Himiko didn't see it that way as she didn't have any true destination as far as she was cocerned here was exactly where she was meant to be ...wherever here was. She looked over and saw a building.

"Maybe I can find a job here or at least stay for a while as I get used to this city."

She approached the door and knocked and when no one answered immediately let herself in.  

klausolas

Jeering Capitalist

Adelle Lawliet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:44 am
Marylyn looked up from her computer and stopped what she was doing and stood to welcome the two standing in front of her.

"Hello and welcome to the Gunlock academy. I'am Marylyn Abrams the receptionist, how may I help you today?"

She smiled broadly and looked the two over. One looked normal enough the other seemed to be covered head to toe in soot.

Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff