Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Religious people.... Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:19 am
Hey you guys...

Just curious, do you guys been asked from a religious person about your beliefs and suddenly they have that weird look on their face and make it seem like what you believe in.... is like... totally... wrong...? sweatdrop

Because i've been experiencing it a lot lately.. especially in my college, where pretty much everyone is a christian or Roman Catholic..
even though, my uni is kinda religious in its own way.. lol.. some of my classes, we're asked to pray... sweatdrop xd It's the most awkward feeling EVER for me. lol. Don't get me wrong, i don't mind praying of course.
It's the fact I have to know the bible and stuff.... and quote verses from it...
is...weird for me... sweatdrop

ANNNND has anyone questioned your beliefs before? What did you say? How did you answer?

So far, I pretty much question my own beliefs... lol... quite a lot actually... xp
lol. But it's due to my philosophy class.... and people's religions really....
I'm pretty much an open-minded person but I hate those overly religious people who shove their religion on you....and telling you it's bad not going to church......

Personally, I don't like churches... i feel creeped out... LOL... If i were to say that to people over here that i talk to person-person.... i'd probably... be labeled.... anti-christ or something... XDDD LOL.... so i don't say it..

But i do feel weird when i go to one...(being forced to go...)
I'm not used to going, that's why. And i don't know...there's something about churches... that creep me out. gonk

Do you guys feel like this?

AND what is your beliefs?? =) Tell me all about it...

Personally... I'm having a hard time... due to my own experiences in magick...and every day life...

I do consider myself Pagan though. But i don't follow a specific tradition as I would like... I practice magick in my own way combining different crafts/paths together... and work it in my own style. heart

I still prefer to say I'm more spiritual than religious ~
Because magick is a way of life for me...

Magick is my LIFE. lol. 4laugh

So, please share your thoughts... ~ emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:06 pm
This is why discretion is a good idea when you don't share the predominant belief. It's more important in the adult world when you have to maintain acquaintances and stay amiable with coworkers to keep unpopular opinions to yourself.

If I'm asked I usually stay vague, avoid direct answers, or outright lie. I consider it a matter of survival.

Also, it's nobody's ******** business.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:55 pm
Churches creep me out, too.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:17 pm
Obscurus
This is why discretion is a good idea when you don't share the predominant belief. It's more important in the adult world when you have to maintain acquaintances and stay amiable with coworkers to keep unpopular opinions to yourself.

If I'm asked I usually stay vague, avoid direct answers, or outright lie. I consider it a matter of survival.

Also, it's nobody's ******** business.

Ahh...that's a good idea. Normally.. i do... sweatdrop It's just ugghhh... sometimes i get to the point of blurting it... or something like that. Of course, i don't tell everyone my beliefs... it's just classmates in my college whom i thought would be understanding about it... sweatdrop

But true true... sweatdrop it really shouldn't matter...  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:18 pm
Gandalf_the_Girl
Churches creep me out, too.

Glad im not the only one! emotion_kirakira  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:55 am
I was baptized and raised Christian and my grandparents( especially grandma) are regular church goers who if they knew the extent of how into the occult I was would probably disown me, so when i see them I have to put on my Christian face.

Anyway, I believe that certainly modern religions have lost touch with their roots and in doing so have driven away believers and non-believers alike with the feeling of either being drawn in too forcefully or driven away by harsh rules and bad clergymen. (there are churches in my town that have lost whole congregations due to hate mongering clergy).

And that if you look closely at churches most of them are guilty of the sin of idolatry and putting someone above god. The crucifix and the worshiping towards it and Jesus as the focus of prayer rather than just devotion to the spirit that has no tangible image.

So next time you get dragged into a church and see those icons and other images of Christ and the saint you can laugh on the inside that they truly share as much if not more guilt in hypocrisy as anyone you know.

So what I guess I'm saying is that finding any religion or other form of spirituality is of course a personal choice. If its as simple as doing a prayer to deity of choice in one's home or as complex as a pagan ritual of festival. It should be whatever you feel most comfortable with. And if you feel truly out of place where you are and have to option to get out then do so. Don't let others crush your spirit or your mind, those are gifts that were given to you to do with as you please,not to be used as playthings for others.  

MairuiMarie

8,850 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gender Swap 100

Reik8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:20 pm
I'll never understand why that many people make such a big fuss about religion. Also the fact that you have to pray in some lessons really disturbs me eek
In the country I live in something like this is inconceivable!

Well, I was raised Roman Catholic and my whole family is pretty religious. Of course it was a HUGE problem when I changed my belief, although it wasn't a great change. I just stopped believing in Jesus. stare
I don't really want to imagine which problems pagan people have to face.
Well, okay, I didn't tell many people about my belief in the Occult even though I don't do any magick. I just happen to encounter spirits/ghosts. sweatdrop

And churches creep the hell outta me! The Roman Catholic ones are the worst... especially the old ones. Have been to a church which was decorated with pitchblack columns and skulls >_____< Ah, and the crypts are also just marvellous! gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:56 am
Reik8
I'll never understand why that many people make such a big fuss about religion. Also the fact that you have to pray in some lessons really disturbs me eek

Well, I was raised Roman Catholic and my whole family is pretty religious. Of course it was a HUGE problem when I changed my belief, although it wasn't a great change. I just stopped believing in Jesus. stare
Well, okay, I didn't tell many people about my belief in the Occult even though I don't do any magick. I just happen to encounter spirits/ghosts. sweatdrop

And churches creep the hell outta me! The Roman Catholic ones are the worst... especially the old ones. Have been to a church which was decorated with pitchblack columns and skulls >_____< Ah, and the crypts are also just marvellous! gonk

lol, beats me? lol... gosh, there's people who were like "You'll go to hell if you don't believe in Christ! "

or.. like.. people giving me odd looks just because im not christian... gonk

WHAT is the world coming to? ! XDDD

Yeaaa, my teacher is extremely religious, thats why she asks us to pray and give/repeat bible verses.. it's weird for me.. lol..

Ahh, I'm the same as you. I was raised as a Catholic too... but i never did go to church as much... and i never understood church personally. lol... oh wells...

Ohh? I see. well, encountering them is interesting. =)

Ha ha ha, yep same same! That's why i always ask to stay home on sundays because i don't like the feeling i get in churches. Of course, i never tell my family. They'd think i'm nuts... XDDD they already think something is wrong when i tell my relatives that i don't wanna go to church. LOL...my sister gives me odd stares and telling me it's bad that i don't go to church... LOL... lol

-sigh- how fun talking about religion eh?

Ooooo! You mean, those gothic style churches? Well, i like those. 3nodding  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Reik8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:09 pm
Sleeping Shrine Maiden
Reik8

lol, beats me? lol... gosh, there's people who were like "You'll go to hell if you don't believe in Christ! "

Yeaaa, my teacher is extremely religious, thats why she asks us to pray and give/repeat bible verses.. it's weird for me.. lol..

Ahh, I'm the same as you. I was raised as a Catholic too... but i never did go to church as much... and i never understood church personally. lol... oh wells...

Ha ha ha, yep same same! That's why i always ask to stay home on sundays because i don't like the feeling i get in churches. Of course, i never tell my family. They'd think i'm nuts... XDDD they already think something is wrong when i tell my relatives that i don't wanna go to church. LOL...my sister gives me odd stares and telling me it's bad that i don't go to church... LOL... lol

Well, some of the gothic style churches are great but they aren't anymore when there are loads of children-sized coffins in the crypt crying
That was a nightmare >.<
And it will always stay a mystery to me why someone HAS to go to church. Do they believe they can't pray efficiently enough at home because God is only hanging around in the church, or what? neutral
I just don't get it...

Well, if there are open-minded people, talking about religion isn't even that bad xD  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:43 pm
Reik8
Sleeping Shrine Maiden
Reik8

Well, some of the gothic style churches are great but they aren't anymore when there are loads of children-sized coffins in the crypt crying
That was a nightmare >.<
And it will always stay a mystery to me why someone HAS to go to church. Do they believe they can't pray efficiently enough at home because God is only hanging around in the church, or what? neutral
I just don't get it...

Well, if there are open-minded people, talking about religion isn't even that bad xD

Ahh. Oh really? sweatdrop

OH actually i asked my sis and her friend about that because i never understood that too.... what they said, was the church is considered sacred. You have to go there and pray because your honoring Christ. And it's holy. The home isn't.. sweatdrop that's what i got from what they said...

Strange... because i believe you can pray in almost anywhere really.. but
religion makes me confused... that's why i don't specifically have a religion I follow... lol. And i've had a lot of my friends who are atheists... so.. lol... it's been kinda getting to me because i question a lot of stuff... but yet I believe in the supernatural. I always have though since i was young.

Ahh yes, talking to open-minded people are the best concerning talks about religion! mrgreen  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:27 am
I'm not a Pagan. I'm a Christ Follower. I'm starting to refuse the term Christian as Catholics have ruined the original good will image of that term with their corrupted ways. I will however take the term protestant since I am a Baptist. Baptist is probably the best of all the Christian systems because we don't do asinine things. XD

I'm also a spiritualist yet believe that all gods could possibly be highly advanced aliens that are merely godlike compared to today's standards. So I've easily accepted the idea that the Abrahamic God is a superpowered ET but Christ...That guy was awesome. He's a bloody role model because he was willing to die to please these alien overlords to spare us eternal asswhoopings.

Lastly, the only magic I am willing to practice is psionics. Why? It's the only one, I, as a scientist, believe in so it's the only one I can actually accept. I believe in divinity, but my logical side says that something ain't right. My logical side says not to destroy but create. Take no single side but instead both and so I do.

Personally, I enjoy the look and idea of a church, but it's actual usage? Not at all. Too many flamers in God's country.

I feel it is all of these things that allow me to not be an antipaganist like all the others. The only thing I think is wrong is for people not to believe in what so many have died to prove. I'm not talking just Jesus. I'm talking Jesus, Ghandi, MLK, John Kennedy, Buddha. If a person can't believe in that, I don't even wanna hear your beliefs let alone your thoughts. Peace and love. Not mythical about that.

All I can say for you in your situation... You should never put a pagan in a Catholic school. That is the most stupid of ideas...ever. Pagans killed earily Christians and Christians killed later Pagans. The two don't mix...ever.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:45 am
Taigamma
I'm not a Pagan. I'm a Christ Follower. I'm starting to refuse the term Christian as Catholics have ruined the original good will image of that term with their corrupted ways. I will however take the term protestant since I am a Baptist. Baptist is probably the best of all the Christian systems because we don't do asinine things. XD

I'm also a spiritualist yet believe that all gods could possibly be highly advanced aliens that are merely godlike compared to today's standards. So I've easily accepted the idea that the Abrahamic God is a superpowered ET but Christ...That guy was awesome. He's a bloody role model because he was willing to die to please these alien overlords to spare us eternal asswhoopings.

Lastly, the only magic I am willing to practice is psionics. Why? It's the only one, I, as a scientist, believe in so it's the only one I can actually accept. I believe in divinity, but my logical side says that something ain't right. My logical side says not to destroy but create. Take no single side but instead both and so I do.

Personally, I enjoy the look and idea of a church, but it's actual usage? Not at all. Too many flamers in God's country.

I feel it is all of these things that allow me to not be an antipaganist like all the others. The only thing I think is wrong is for people not to believe in what so many have died to prove. I'm not talking just Jesus. I'm talking Jesus, Ghandi, MLK, John Kennedy, Buddha. If a person can't believe in that, I don't even wanna hear your beliefs let alone your thoughts. Peace and love. Not mythical about that.

All I can say for you in your situation... You should never put a pagan in a Catholic school. That is the most stupid of ideas...ever. Pagans killed earily Christians and Christians killed later Pagans. The two don't mix...ever.

oh? huh... that's interesting. I know most who are Christ followers are very ummm.. against magick though... sweatdrop but of course not everyone is like that so yeah. I just don't come across many who are accepting of it. But glad you are. And yeah, Catholics... have their own... ways... sweatdrop
Ahh i see...

I see... it is interesting. But hmm i somehow don't understand christianity very much... emo

Ohh? Really? That's why you practice psionics then! =o ahh i see...

Ahh okay. mmhmm.

Ahh, yeah i understand that. 3nodding mmhmm.

LOL... your telling me... lol
but really, i'm starting not to care much from others in my uni... I try to switch topic when others ask my religion or... now.. be simple and be blunt about it... sweatdrop Because I used to be very straight-forward.. and then they give me these... werid..odd looks... XDDD
Yeah, i know the history... crying It's saddening....  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Nero-gataki

Dangerous Gekko

7,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:05 am
Sleeping Shrine Maiden

You are not the only one =.= my grama's into all the god stuff and i don't say anything about my religion either....Like don't get me wrong i love the fact that she believes so full heartedly in something....but so do i and i wish she could respect that.....I havent really said anything about my religion to people but....with people trying to force their...."God" on you is wrong...Even their god gave people the choice in freedom...We make our own choices so we should be able to experience happiness with ourselves...And if believing that seals were once celestial guardians...Then the others should shove off because it makes us happy and it makes us feel right!.....o.o...right?.....
And on the topic of my religion...I have tried many -_-lll my Family is open minded and have tried lots of things...and they have pointed out flaws in every religion out there except what i like to call "My Pagan" >< i know sounds....Weird but i have made my own sorta religion...I try to do what makes Me happiest ((and of course what is good)) and i believe that there is not just one god but many....Good and bad...I just believe that they both have something to teach you...and that Good and Bad only have meaning because of our outlook on them...^^.....Now gods followers can find a lot of flaws in my religion but i ALWAYS tell them that god gave me the freedom to choose what i put my heart and soul in. And its nothing rude or hurtful just the truth! and the best part is they cant argue xD LOL .....Although i say that with the whole "Its so evil to be gay" thing too xD lol ((im not....gay just think it shouldn't be evil..)) ^^.......

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:14 am
Broken_Sanity_K
Sleeping Shrine Maiden

You are not the only one =.= my grama's into all the god stuff and i don't say anything about my religion either....Like don't get me wrong i love the fact that she believes so full heartedly in something....but so do i and i wish she could respect that.....I havent really said anything about my religion to people but....with people trying to force their...."God" on you is wrong...Even their god gave people the choice in freedom...We make our own choices so we should be able to experience happiness with ourselves...And if believing that seals were once celestial guardians...Then the others should shove off because it makes us happy and it makes us feel right!.....o.o...right?.....
And on the topic of my religion...I have tried many -_-lll my Family is open minded and have tried lots of things...and they have pointed out flaws in every religion out there except what i like to call "My Pagan" >< i know sounds....Weird but i have made my own sorta religion...I try to do what makes Me happiest ((and of course what is good)) and i believe that there is not just one god but many....Good and bad...I just believe that they both have something to teach you...and that Good and Bad only have meaning because of our outlook on them...^^.....Now gods followers can find a lot of flaws in my religion but i ALWAYS tell them that god gave me the freedom to choose what i put my heart and soul in. And its nothing rude or hurtful just the truth! and the best part is they cant argue xD LOL .....Although i say that with the whole "Its so evil to be gay" thing too xD lol ((im not....gay just think it shouldn't be evil..)) ^^.......

Ahh i see. mmhmm. I know. Religion just makes it so complicated for everyone... emo

But yes, I agree. It should be our own choice whether you choose that religion or not.... it's your own faith and no ONE has the right to take it away!
3nodding

Thats how i felt about mine. But I do question a lot of things.. lol...
I'm pretty much a very open-minded Pagan. lol..

And you made your own religion? really? =O how interesting! well, as long as it makes you happy... it's yours...

Mmhmm. I believe in many Gods as well. 3nodding even Goddesses really. =)

Ha, I agree with you as well. I don't understand how people go off on it because it's evil but it shouldn't be.... sweatdrop i'm not gay either... but i know some friends who are... so... yeah....  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Nero-gataki

Dangerous Gekko

7,950 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:20 am
Sleeping Shrine Maiden

I missed goddess's again didn't i? gah....So I do believe in goddess's too ^^ and yea! I have gay friends too! :3 they are sooo awesome they are better then most people are so ^^ heh  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff