Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:39 pm
Rory came down to the small room that he and Tambrey had been working in for a while, attempting to clone his Ponyta. It had been a while since his confrontation with Kratos where he had succeeded in getting a small sample of the man's Rapidash's DNA.

He opened the door, mindful of the sleeping Pichu that was occupying his shoulder, and went over to the machine to turn it on and let it boot up. He looked around the room; it was in much better shape than when they were in here for their last attempt at the experiment. Hopefully this attempt wouldn't end with either of them bruised or covered in fire extinguisher foam.

He settled in, pulled the small, closed test tube from his pocket, and waited for Tambrey to arrive.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:10 pm
Working between shifts and fitting eating and other such things in along the way had made the scheduling for the little room somewhat... interesting.
A slight gap between the present and her last shift had allowed Tambrey to get a small nap before racing down to the labs.
It wasn't going incredibly well so far, since waking up; she'd tripped over something Treestar had been playing with on the way out of her room, managed to bump into someone and sent a bit of paperwork on a dance, then, upon entering the room, she managed to distract herself before entering and walk right into the closing door.
Rather frustrated with the run of bad luck, it took, then, two attempts for her to work her keycard correctly.
The Tambrey who finally joined Rory in the little room, therefore, did not hold much hope for the experiment's progress and, indeed, seemed downcast and expecting more trouble already.
"Uh. Sorry, 'm late but I'm here..."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:19 pm
As the door closed behind Rory, he heard something hit the hard door and the noise startled the Pichu. As he tried to calm down the baby pokemon before he could hurt himself or Rory, the grunt looked up from the now fully-booted machine to the door, wondering what had just happened on the other side of it. When Tambrey appeared not long after the noise had happened, looking like something Pinkie had trampled on, he figured it was best not to ask questions.

"It's alright. It gave me time to get it set up so we didn't have to wait for the machine," he replied, picking up the DNA sample he had gotten after the Pichu calmed down slightly. The tiny electric mouse laid back down on his shoulder, eying the new woman suspiciously. "Guess what I got? Now would you like to start us off?"  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:00 pm
"That's good, 't least. Thanks." That was, sadly, probably the best news she'd had since she'd woken up.
She paused, then, noticing the electric mouse watching her.
As cute as it was, a creeping 'burn' made itself known along the paths of healed wounds; electric types meant electric attacks.
She'd gotten used to Wheatley but now, this Pichu was new to her.

"Uh, sure. So. How are you?" The grunt peered from behind her glasses, clearly still not quite recovered; the sequence she was putting the machine into was... slightly incorrect and likely to result in several error messages before she realised.
Awkwardly, Tambrey smiled nervously at the baby pokémon and stayed a few feet away from Rory (or the pokémon on his shoulder anyway) while she could.
"Hey there," Even so, she greeted him before enquiring to Rory "So... That guy's new?" (In just slightly a tone that might also be used for 'does he bite?')  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:59 pm
Rory watched her as she looking cautiously at him before remembering the pokemon on his shoulder.

"I'm alright, I guess," he shrugged. He had been getting used to having to take care of a baby pokemon again and it hadn't been as easy as he remembered it. Though then his parents had taken care of them more than he had.

He watched as she started putting the machine into sequence and leaned over to correct a couple keystrokes to avoid any malfunctions. "How are you?" he asked before she looked back over at him nervously.

"Hey," he grinned slightly and nodded, "He is. I found his egg while I was out one day and got to see him hatch. So far he's been pretty good natured as long as he can sniff first. He didn't even spark at Pinkie when she licked him." He brought his hand up and scratched lightly at the Pichu's ears

The Pichu gave a happy little cry at the ear scratching and relaxed, nuzzling his head against Rory's shoulder. If Rory didn't see the girl as a threat, then neither did he.

"I named him Thor."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:28 am
Tambrey took a step back and blinked as Rory leaned in to correct what she'd just entered.
A quick moment of thought and she blushed, realising she had actually entered it entirely wrong.
"Ah. Thanks..." She mumbled, watching the correct sequence light the machine light green.

Her attention quickly refocused onto the little pokémon on Rory's shoulder, watching it enjoy being scratched and making rather cute noises.
Her immediate aversion to electricity-based pokémon was, as it had before, much dulled by the apparent 'sweet-nature' of Thor.

"Thor," She smirked "Appropriate. I'm surprised t' hear you just found his egg." After hearing he was 'good natured if he could sniff first', Tambrey cautiously, slowly, offered her right hand out toward the pokémon. "Hello Thor."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:25 pm
"It's fine," Rory replied, waving off her thanks as the slot on the machine opened and he slid in the tube containing Pinkie's DNA first before closing her slot.

Once the machine started processing the sample, he turned to Tambrey and grinned at her comment about his new pokemon's name.

"I thought so," he replied as the tiny mouse ran down his arm to sniff at Tambrey's out stretched hand. Once Thor sniffed Tambrey's hand, he gave it a lick like Pinkie had done upon greeting him and let out a happy cry. The grunt contemplated trying to teach him that his new greeting was probably not the best.

"Sorry about that. Pinkie's teaching him bad habits."  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:30 am
She tensed as Thor ran down and then... licked her. Oh. Well that was still cute.
Tambrey felt a bit silly for tensing up then; she never used to be quite this way around electric types; she could reason that to herself and yet still found herself apprehensive.
"Aw. Well. I mean, he's not bitin' or anything at least; it's kind of a cute bad habit... I take it Pinkie rather likes him then?"
Still feeling silly for tensing, she smiled at the electric mouse and attempted, cautiously, to give him a petting scritch on the head.

The machine, meanwhile, beeped and whirred, running through a now familiar process.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:57 pm
Rory grinned as he watched how his pokemon greeted her. He was glad Thor's decision to sniff and lick her hand hadn't been rejected.

"Yeah though I'm sure there will be someone who doesn't like getting licked by a baby Pichu, no matter how cute it is," he commented. Meanwhile the pokemon in question let out a content little noise as Tambrey petted his head before kissing her hand and runing back up to Rory's shoulder.

He chuckled slightly when he remembered Pinkie's response to the electric type. "She wasn't sure what to make of him for about a day until he finally got brave enough to go over and sniff her. Then she ended up licking him and now she adores him."

When the machine requested the DNA to be switched out, Rory slid in the tube containing the Rapidash DNA before sliding the slot closed.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:08 am
"Aw. Well. Probably." Tambrey admitted, stifling a laugh as the Pichu kissed her hand before scurrying back up Rory's arm. "But they're probably just naturally grumpy anyway if so. He's adorable."

Electric type or not he /was/ adorable; she grinned at hearing about Pinkie's response. "That's good. She does seem like a pokémon who'd get on well with babies. And I take it y' like her quite a bit too then, Thor?" She addressed the last to the Pichu, basing the assumption on the fact he was imitating the Ponyta's behaviour.

The machine beeped and Tambrey blinked, turning to try and find the next sample to put in and then finding that Rory already had a tube ready.
"Wow. Y' found that quick." Perhaps he'd gotten here even earlier than she'd thought, she wondered to herself; having a sample ready instead of having to go to storage for it. "Well prepared."

She smiled; at least one of them was 'on the ball' while her day had left her rather unfocused so far.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:14 am
"Yeah, probably," he grinned once more, "Thanks. I was actually surprised that she took so well to him since she's never been around baby pokemon, or had to share my attention with another one before."

The Pichu in question was busy sniffing Rory's hair while attempting to climb onto the man's head. When he noticed Tambrey had said something to him, he turned back to her and gave a happy little chirp as if he was answering her question as yes, he did like the fire horse. The beeping of the machine distracted the baby and he abandoned his attempts to climb onto his trainer's head to investigate the machine.

When Rory noticed, he picked the tiny mouse up, "No, Thor," he reprimanded him softly before turning his attention back to Tambrey, "At least now we know what to expect when we introduce her to her clone."

At Tambrey's surprise, he looked at her curiously; he had shown her the DNA sample when she came into the room. "Yea," he responded and watched as the machine started to process the new sample.

"Are you okay?" he asked finally.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:16 am
She smiled further at the Pichu's actions, smirking as Thor tried to get to the beeping machine.
"Inquistive; 's a little scientist 'mself." She jokingly suggested.

Tambrey frowned a little bit; she hadn't been expected to be asked that and had to realise that something had prompted it.
"Uh. Yes... Sorry, 'm fine; 's just been an... interesting morning." She tried, cheeks flushing a bit; it was embarrassing that it had been enough to be noticeable. "I don't know... 'M just all scatter-brained t'day for some reason..."

The whirr and noise of the machine filled any silence after what she said, though she still felt rather awkward.
Still, she decided she appreciated the concern.
"Thanks."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:30 am
At her suggestion, the blonde grunt grinned as he struggled to get the squirming baby pokemon away from machine. "Maybe he is," he grinned.

He noticed her frown slightly and gave her a comforting smile. "I think we've all had those days," he replied. Once he got the Pichu to sit still in his lap, he reached over and put a hand on her shoulder, squeezing lightly. "Don't worry about it."

He moved his hand back and petted Thor's head as he watched the small display screen as the machine continued to whirr. He was thankful it wasn't making any of the noises that it had during their first attempt; he had no intention of having to clean up fire extinguisher foam this time.

"You're welcome."  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:20 am
Well. It was nice to hear that, at least. Just an 'off' day and everyone had them; nice to hear it from somebody else though it was still rather embarrassing.
Walked into a door, wrong code into the machine, noticeable enough behaviour to draw comment...
She smiled, but blinked and the colour in her cheeks certainly wasn't helped to go anywhere by the shoulder squeeze.

Tambrey found herself watching his hand as it moved away again, to pet Thor, and then, catching herself watching, quickly followed Rory's attention back to the machine instead.

"Um. Well. What's it saying?" She asked, more for something to say as, with a step, she could see for herself really.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:09 am
Rory was unaware of her watching him as he looked over the small screen on the machine; he did, however, lean over and bump his shoulder against hers playfully.

"Looks like your bad day maybe taking a turn for the better," he commented as he watched the machine switch to the next part of the process. From the looks of things, the machine had successfully processed both samples and was beginning to write the code using the two sets of DNA that had been provided.

He grinned over at her and raised an eyebrow. "Do you remember where we put the capsule?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff