Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Parents just dont understand! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

in west philadelphia....
  born and raised!
  on the playground is where i spent most of my days!
View Results

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:02 pm
Usually thats really true. Very much so. Me and my dad have never seen eye to eye really. after my mom died especially. i just dont think he knew what to do.....we fought a lot and didnt get each other. but now things have changed since ive gotten older and more mature. dare i say we could almost be friends sometimes. I just felt like i needed to share since it was such a breakthrough smile  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:43 pm
Ive been pretty lucky with my parents, both of mine have been pretty, well...Dunno I guess indifferent about most things.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:49 pm
gdapw
Ive been pretty lucky with my parents, both of mine have been pretty, well...Dunno I guess indifferent about most things.

idk what id rather have sometimes. what ive got or indifferent. ive been sheltered all my life so i became one of those kids that lied and would often sneak out.....not healthy i suppose. im sure there were reasons 2 point but i never got 2 b a normal teen. indifferent sounds like a dream come true compared to overprotective.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:55 pm
Blackdragon0228

idk what id rather have sometimes. what ive got or indifferent. ive been sheltered all my life so i became one of those kids that lied and would often sneak out.....not healthy i suppose. im sure there were reasons 2 point but i never got 2 b a normal teen. indifferent sounds like a dream come true compared to overprotective.

As much as I love my folks, I have grown up in a "Conflict-avoidant, relativly emotionally-sterile" household. My folks are great and will do anything they can for me, and they always supported everything we did/wanted to do. But it definitly would have been nice to see some emotions and stuff at some times. But it is what it is you know?  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 pm
gdapw
Blackdragon0228

As much as I love my folks, I have grown up in a "Conflict-avoidant, relativly emotionally-sterile" household. My folks are great and will do anything they can for me, and they always supported everything we did/wanted to do. But it definitly would have been nice to see some emotions and stuff at some times. But it is what it is you know?

yea i understand what u mean. seems like the grass is always greener ya know. nothing is perfect. i like to feel like if i ever do become a parent (tho i really hope i dont......) id be in between. i dont want to make the same mistakes my dad made with me......  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:25 pm
Blackdragon0228

yea i understand what u mean. seems like the grass is always greener ya know. nothing is perfect. i like to feel like if i ever do become a parent (tho i really hope i dont......) id be in between. i dont want to make the same mistakes my dad made with me......

We should always seek to give our kids a better future than ours.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:29 pm
gdapw

We should always seek to give our kids a better future than ours.

ur right. very right.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:29 am
my parents use to fight all the time when i was little. they always went to their room and yell at each other thinking that we couldn't hear them with the door shut. my dad even left at one point ( i think i was 10 then). but he came back a few weeks later. he hated the thought of not being able to see me, my brother and my sister grow up. so he tried to fix things. they still fought for a long time. plus my mom was really sick. she always died from Wagner's Disease when i was about 8.. i don't remember much of it. i just knew she had to wear a wig and she gained a lot of weight with the medicine she was on. but i can i say they're doing a whole lot better now. they yell here and there... many its just my mom getting angry at pointless s**t, but most of the time they pull through it. i hated the fighting, but i think it helped me mature more at a younger age.
as far as my relationship goes with my parents, its a good one. they're understanding for the most part... i don't tell them everything though. something i like to remain secret. but i really don't have a problem talking to them about anything.

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:02 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
my parents use to fight all the time when i was little. they always went to their room and yell at each other thinking that we couldn't hear them with the door shut. my dad even left at one point ( i think i was 10 then). but he came back a few weeks later. he hated the thought of not being able to see me, my brother and my sister grow up. so he tried to fix things. they still fought for a long time. plus my mom was really sick. she always died from Wagner's Disease when i was about 8.. i don't remember much of it. i just knew she had to wear a wig and she gained a lot of weight with the medicine she was on. but i can i say they're doing a whole lot better now. they yell here and there... many its just my mom getting angry at pointless s**t, but most of the time they pull through it. i hated the fighting, but i think it helped me mature more at a younger age.
as far as my relationship goes with my parents, its a good one. they're understanding for the most part... i don't tell them everything though. something i like to remain secret. but i really don't have a problem talking to them about anything.

Its good when u can be open like that with ur parents. the fighting isnt good but im glad things seem 2 have worked out for the better. its always better if a family stays together and tries to work things out. tho helping you to be more mature seems like a good thing in its own way. the way it happened might have been crappy but you start learning about responsibility at a young age. my mom died when i was 12 and thats when i had to start maturing. i pretty much became a mother 2 my brother which was stressful and sad bcuz i couldnt just be his sister. it made me have to learn about being responsible. but now things are changing. i finally feel like my brother can be my brother and me and my dad arent fighting like we used to. its almost a functional household now lol. almost.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:47 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
she always died from Wagner's Disease when i was about 8...

Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

wait, what? cat_confused

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:34 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

wait, what? cat_confused

i assumed she meant almost ^^;  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:35 pm
Blackdragon0228
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

wait, what? cat_confused

i assumed she meant almost ^^;

take it out of context and it's pretty funny X'D

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:04 pm
Blackdragon0228

Its good when u can be open like that with ur parents. the fighting isnt good but im glad things seem 2 have worked out for the better. its always better if a family stays together and tries to work things out. tho helping you to be more mature seems like a good thing in its own way. the way it happened might have been crappy but you start learning about responsibility at a young age. my mom died when i was 12 and thats when i had to start maturing. i pretty much became a mother 2 my brother which was stressful and sad bcuz i couldnt just be his sister. it made me have to learn about being responsible. but now things are changing. i finally feel like my brother can be my brother and me and my dad arent fighting like we used to. its almost a functional household now lol. almost.

yeah that sucks, but i'm glad your life is getting back to normal now. that's always good.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:06 pm
Yay for your family getting closer. <3  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:27 pm
My mom is a cool bro. I don't really get along with my dad though. Though it's more that he's kind of just...not really an influence in my life at all anymore.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff