Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
A reminder to us old n' new Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

just things that i have been thinkin' about since getting back
  a few of the things...
  that have been talked about
  or it's been bugging the hell outta me
View Results

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:46 pm
NO BUMPING/SPAMMING
We are a guild which encourages all members to be as active as possible! The only bumping accepted will be in topics started by the crew and dedicated to that purpose. Any others made will be deleted on sight and the user will receive a warning. Spamming includes bumping, 14/28G posts, reposting the same thing, etc. This doesn't include random off-topic conversation as random conversation is both good and fun. We love random conversations, but seeing the whole front page with one person's name on it is overkill.

No Offensive Posts
Any persons who post a remark or anything offensive towards another member may receive a warning first or be banned immediately- depending upon the severity.
*Note* Excessive swearing can be seen as offensive to some people, so please keep the fowl language to a minimum. And also remember sexual comments are discouraged. Remember we have ALL AGE groups here!

All topics MUST have polls*
We are pollwhores after all! If you create a topic and it does not include a poll, you will be notified in the thread or by Private Message. If you do not add a poll or choose to ignore the message your thread will be deleted.
*There is, however, no rule stating that your polls need to make any sense.
*blue added - BUT OMG please don't let them be annoying and repetitive

DO NOT BEG MEMBERS FOR GOLD OR DONATIONS
Guild members work hard for their gold, and you should too. If you are caught begging, you will be banned. (There are places for begging and this is not one of them). If a member is kind enough to do a giveaway make sure you follow their conditions and show respect.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:50 pm
BlueCowGirl
however, no rule stating that your polls need to make any sense.

Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

oh, like my countering with a nail? XD

and what are 14/28g posts?

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:54 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
BlueCowGirl
however, no rule stating that your polls need to make any sense.

oh, like my countering with a nail? XD

and what are 14/28g posts?

omg that is annoying

and back in the day ... i think it's like i'm at 14K outta my quest of 28 K...
that part of the rules i didn't make
they became quite annoying cause some people back then would do it tons about everything...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:02 pm
BlueCowGirl
omg that is annoying

they became quite annoying cause some people back then would do it tons about everything...

Actually, I think that the whole 14/28G thing had something to do with the posting mechanics and how much gold they gave out. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but there were some people who claimed that there was a set length for getting the maximum amount of gold for a single post, and they had things formatted that you could spam that were that length. Like normal bumping spam, but more irritating.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:06 pm

talk about pain-in-the-a** annoying

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
BlueCowGirl
omg that is annoying

Actually, I think that the whole 14/28G thing had something to do with the posting mechanics and how much gold they gave out. I'm not sure exactly what it was, but there were some people who claimed that there was a set length for getting the maximum amount of gold for a single post, and they had things formatted that you could spam that were that length. Like normal bumping spam, but more irritating.

i'm still lost, then and now, lol glad u have a geeky brain from back then still  

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:17 pm
If you have your real world forum rules memorised, then you will remember its covered in ~4th post of the rules and guidelines for the chatterbox

"Rules & Guidelines for Posting in Chatterbox - Spam Violations

•Stretching the forum pages using excessive amounts of unnecessary text, text that contains no spaces, or large images is disruptive to the flow of the forum/conversation and is thus a violation of the Terms of Service of Gaia.

•An example of this rule includes 14/28 Gold Bumps. There are several versions of this kind of post, and all have the same general premise: that by copying and pasting a long message, you will get more gold than normal. You do not get more gold for longer posts.
"

A recent exception to this was the Pirate Booty event which encouraged long post spam awarding up to 115g per post. But that was word formulaic and we figured out after much research that as long as you had about 20 specific words you didnt need a long post.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:19 pm
Of course this was back in the day when poll whores were happy making 10g per poll before they changed the gold grant mechanics. If 10g per poll was good, then you can see why people would have been drawn in by the allure of up to 28g per post back then.  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:26 pm
Sagebomb
Of course this was back in the day when poll whores were happy making 10g per poll before they changed the gold grant mechanics. If 10g per poll was good, then you can see why people would have been drawn in by the allure of up to 28g per post back then.

Back when things weren't as up the butt expensive as they are now either.

So what DOES determine the amount of gold you get per post anyway?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:59 pm
GoldDiggingWhore

it starts at 125 or 150, not sure which, and it goes down as the day progresses to nothing until it resets, of which i do not know
stopping for 2-3 hours restores it somewhat, but not by much.

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:08 pm
Back in my day, polls produced like...under 10 gold. When I see 150 it's like Christmas every time.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:43 am
GoldDiggingWhore

Back when things weren't as up the butt expensive as they are now either.

Ahh back when 5k for a sealed letter was a ripoff.

"Posting in the forums - A common and main method to generate income. The more time spent between posts, the more gold is earned. This is intended to encourage well thought out replies. With a gold system in place however, the amount of gold given begins at its starting bonus per day and reduces itself by half with each post. However, it will go up again if there is a long gap between posts. 75g / as of March 11, 2011 125g "  

Sagebomb
Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

BlueCowGirl
Vice Captain

Questionable Millionaire

6,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:24 pm
Sagebomb

•Stretching the forum pages using excessive amounts of unnecessary text, text that contains no spaces, or large images is disruptive to the flow of the forum/conversation and is thus a violation of the Terms of Service of Gaia.

GOLDIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you thinin' what i'm thinkin'?

I don't care, i'm a B!7(4  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:28 pm
I never beg. I work xd  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:50 pm
Clover_IceQueen
I never beg. I work xd

I havent done it for a while, but some times its fun to dress up as a n00b and troll the CB for donations.

But thats different XD  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces