Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Seeing Red Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

meh.
  feh.
View Results

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:18 pm
thats about how angry i am right now. my vision is a little screwed by how angry i feel.
So as i've said before my boyfriend is across the country. which has been making me hurt like crazy. hes going to be coming back around christmas. the plan was to have him come here for awhile starting new years but now it seems like thats not going to be possible. My dad won't let him stay at our house. I don't even get why. there's space for him in the basement but its apparently "the principle of it" the hell does that even MEAN?! I've been with this boy over 3 years LIVED with him plan on MARRYING him and he wont let him stay here for a few days?!

f**k how I feel about any of it and that im hurting right now because hes so far away from me. but thats not important. he'd be slightly uncomfortable for like a week. thats the most bullshit thing ive ever heard. I really dont think im asking for that much and what makes it worse is that my boyfriends aunt and uncle ALWAYS welcome me into their home. They're such nice people to me and i cant even return the gratitude because my dad is so damn stupid.

PLUS, and he's the kicker, he wont even put him up in a hotel. so he cant stay in the house and he wont help for a hotel so he's basically just said f**k you to my face with this. so he'll be in cleveland for about 7 weeks and theres a good chance I wont see him. and if that happens somebody is gonna have to bail me out of jail cuz i WILL beat the s**t out of my dad.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:29 pm
That does sound a bit excessive to not let the guy stay over. Principles are good when they exist for a reason. What's the principle here? I don't get it. Would it be any different if it was just some friend of yours that you knew?

Though I also don't know why exactly he would be somewhere for seven weeks and you wouldn't get to see him. How does that work?  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:42 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
That does sound a bit excessive to not let the guy stay over. Principles are good when they exist for a reason. What's the principle here? I don't get it. Would it be any different if it was just some friend of yours that you knew?

Though I also don't know why exactly he would be somewhere for seven weeks and you wouldn't get to see him. How does that work?

he stays in cleveland. 4 hours away. thats not a day trip especially not with his crappy little car. hes not gonna be able to come here unless theres a place for him to stay. and i really don't even know he only has a problem with my friends. my brother has his little dumb friend over all the time. his friend is my dads ex girlfriends kid tho. but hes a ghetto little s.o.b. if anybodys gonna steal something its gonna be one of her kids. but there IS no reason. hes gonna be uncomfortable if he stays. thats IT. theres no other reason than him being a selfish a*****e.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:52 pm
How long would he want to stay for and how much would that even cost you two if you were to pay for it? I had a similar sort of issue at one point, and we just paid for a motel so that I wasn't sleeping on the street when I visited.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:10 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
How long would he want to stay for and how much would that even cost you two if you were to pay for it? I had a similar sort of issue at one point, and we just paid for a motel so that I wasn't sleeping on the street when I visited.

The cheapest ive seen as far as hotels is 69$ a night which seems good til u think about the fact that we were hoping for at least a week. that 69 a night turns into hundreds....and thats without tax....havent checked motels guess i should.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:15 pm
Blackdragon0228
The cheapest ive seen as far as hotels is 69$ a night which seems good til u think about the fact that we were hoping for at least a week. that 69 a night turns into hundreds....and thats without tax....havent checked motels guess i should.

I know that sometimes you can get deals in Vegas for like $35 a night (though I realize that doesn't really help you). Still, hopefully there could be a cheaper place. I mean, it's just so he doesn't have to stay awake for a week or sleep in the street. It doesn't NEED to be fancy if it's more economical not to be.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:16 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Mothalova, those were good times. And that motel was cheeeeep =D

Blackdragon0228
Does your bf's family still live around where you are? Cause I would just stay with them honestly. Or find a cheap motel nearby, and charge it on a credit card if possible/or whatever works. I can see where you're coming from though. Goldie flew half way across the country during Easter about two years ago and my Aunt/Uncle are really weird about guests so he couldn't actually GO to dinner with me. YEAH. Nor would my mother let us stay at my own house when he came to visit. Aaaaaaanyway.

If he's 4 hours away...couldn't you take a bus/have a friend meet him halfway/whatever so you can be with him? I'm just throwing out ideas here. >_>

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:26 pm
Ginhi~kun
Mothalova, those were good times. And that motel was cheeeeep =D

This post contains nothing but true things~  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:01 pm
Ginhi~kun
Does your bf's family still live around where you are? Cause I would just stay with them honestly. Or find a cheap motel nearby, and charge it on a credit card if possible/or whatever works. I can see where you're coming from though. Goldie flew half way across the country during Easter about two years ago and my Aunt/Uncle are really weird about guests so he couldn't actually GO to dinner with me. YEAH. Nor would my mother let us stay at my own house when he came to visit. Aaaaaaanyway.

If he's 4 hours away...couldn't you take a bus/have a friend meet him halfway/whatever so you can be with him? I'm just throwing out ideas here. >_>

lqtm thanks for the ideas. they dont live near me. they live 4 hours away from me. i love staying there i really do. but im probably gonna be working then and wont be able to leave. after months apart i need to see him for at least some time....and im having a few crazy thoughts on how i might be able 2 try and pull it off even tho my dad is a complete tool.

and ooooooomg seriously?? he couldnt go to dinner with u even? : ( man that sucks.....sometimes i really dont understand parents/guardians and their seemingly stupid rules that dont have a purpose.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:06 pm
Blackdragon0228
lqtm thanks for the ideas. they dont live near me. they live 4 hours away from me. i love staying there i really do. but im probably gonna be working then and wont be able to leave. after months apart i need to see him for at least some time....and im having a few crazy thoughts on how i might be able 2 try and pull it off even tho my dad is a complete tool.

and ooooooomg seriously?? he couldnt go to dinner with u even? : ( man that sucks.....sometimes i really dont understand parents/guardians and their seemingly stupid rules that dont have a purpose.

In their defense, it was more of a family thing, and I'm not a member of that family, so...I suppose I can understand that. It was still a little disappointing though.

And maybe you could request time off from work if they understand your situation >.>  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:09 pm
I would see if you could meet halfway and stay at a hotel for a night or two. I'm not sure if you already got your job yet/ but when you do I'd let them know asap that you need a certain day/two off. Don't stress too much, you'll make it happen. And yeah...my mom is my mom, what can I say? She's chilled out more though. She went away for the weekend over the summer and was like, "Hey, you can have a few friends over/your boyfriend can spend the night! " And I was like HAX YOU AREN'T MY MOM.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:21 pm
Ginhi~kun
I would see if you could meet halfway and stay at a hotel for a night or two. I'm not sure if you already got your job yet/ but when you do I'd let them know asap that you need a certain day/two off. Don't stress too much, you'll make it happen. And yeah...my mom is my mom, what can I say? She's chilled out more though. She went away for the weekend over the summer and was like, "Hey, you can have a few friends over/your boyfriend can spend the night! " And I was like HAX YOU AREN'T MY MOM.

lol wow. that does sound like hax. ill be sure to ask for a couple days off. we'll make it work. i found some really cheap hotels. in the 40s and 50s ill work with it. i love that boy to much to let my father screw this up  

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:22 am
Looking for cheap detroitian stays, the cheapest Im seeing is a days in at ~250 a week around Xmas time whilst searching on expedia.

On hotels.com its about the same.

Of course if you dont mind him staying with dirty hippys (I use that term affectionatly) there is always sites like couchsurfing.com and similar.

I can understand your dads concerns. Nothing against you or him, but even lateens have the potential to create babys and such.

I am confused to why your dad would have to pay for hotels though? When I was in my teens I was already paying my way for things to do with me outside of accepting the free room and board. If I had someone over if we couldnt house them, I would help as much as I can, and probally turn down financial help from my parents for it.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:38 am
Sagebomb
Looking for cheap detroitian stays, the cheapest Im seeing is a days in at ~250 a week around Xmas time whilst searching on expedia.

On hotels.com its about the same.

Of course if you dont mind him staying with dirty hippys (I use that term affectionatly) there is always sites like couchsurfing.com and similar.

I can understand your dads concerns. Nothing against you or him, but even lateens have the potential to create babys and such.

I am confused to why your dad would have to pay for hotels though? When I was in my teens I was already paying my way for things to do with me outside of accepting the free room and board. If I had someone over if we couldnt house them, I would help as much as I can, and probally turn down financial help from my parents for it.

ill have to check expedia for sure then thanks ^^. and the thing is its not like id mind if it was doable. if im working then that'll help but it'll still be a bit expensive. ive stayed with dan's family so many times that ts extremely rude to say that their nephew cant get close to the same treatment while with me. I havent asked for his help and he hasnt offered. Other people do more for me than my father does. and in my opinion thats just not the way it should be.  

Blackdragon0228

Timid Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Threadmaster 200

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:05 am
Blackdragon0228

ill have to check expedia for sure then thanks ^^. and the thing is its not like id mind if it was doable. if im working then that'll help but it'll still be a bit expensive. ive stayed with dan's family so many times that ts extremely rude to say that their nephew cant get close to the same treatment while with me. I havent asked for his help and he hasnt offered. Other people do more for me than my father does. and in my opinion thats just not the way it should be.

When I was with my University girlfriend, I often stayed at her place on weekends, and seldomly she would stay at my place. But the girl I was with before that there is noway I would have been able to stay a single night there when I was 18. Though thats because her parents were highly religious. But different people have different reasons why they dont want thier kids sleeping with partners. For me I would like to teach my kids to be responsible at a young age...but it would be a trust is earnt and maintained and can be lost situation.

And yeah I know about the cost of staying places. Like after my last contract I spent 11 nights at a suite in Vegas. Though I was able to find a room which was only like $35 a night for bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room, so that wasnt a bad deal.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff