Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Sometimes I feel like I have no empathy Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Roadkill? Instant sobbing
  Someone got shot? Happens every day.
View Results

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:38 pm
But then I remember abused animals... and I cry. crying
Have any of you felt like you just don't care when something bad happens to someone?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 pm
I'm probably one of the more empathetic people on the planet, so no...not really. Though I suppose there are certain cases for me, but they're not common.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:19 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
I'm probably one of the more empathetic people on the planet, so no...not really. Though I suppose there are certain cases for me, but they're not common.

Certain cases such as...?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:25 pm
Clover_IceQueen

Such as an ex I had crying over my decision to break up. I was fed up at that point though, so...that's probably why.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:35 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
Clover_IceQueen

Such as an ex I had crying over my decision to break up. I was fed up at that point though, so...that's probably why.

I've been there, except she didn't cry because she REALLY had no empathy. (This is the girl who was abusive.)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:44 am
I have lost much of my soul trying to help people who just cant be helped.

So basically now I dont get involved unless I need to in said cases. But if anything is going wrong because of your own stupidity or such then in those cases yeah I dont care as much. But if somethings going wrong that you couldnt help and maybe I could help usually I would try.

I am very anti animal abuse and believe the penatlys should be much higher. Animal abuse and child abuse should be treated almost evenly. Most studys conclusivly link animal abuse to human abuse and animal abuse is often the entry to human abuse.

I extend my thoughts on animal abuse to farming as well. And I try and avoid meats from abused animals.

Like in the USA finally USA companys are starting to make moral choices and move away from ilmoral farming practices such as sowcrating.

http://www.triplepundit.com/2012/07/oscar-mayer-confirms-plan-eliminate-pig-gestation-crates/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47639480/ns/business-us_business/t/mcdonalds-buy-pork-pig-friendly-farms/
Sure its not till 2022 but it takes time to convert and if the farmers cant convert by then they deserve to lose big business.

The egg/chicken industry still has a long was to go though http://www.hfa.org/eggIndustry.html

I am really glad NZ is quite strict on our farming (though we still have a ways to go). But I believe that meat animals, should still be cared for whilst they are alive. (Im not a vege, I love my meat, I just think they should live whilst they are alive).

Just like I am very against invasive species, and I could work in invasive species removal. BUT again a invasive species was put there because of humans, and they still deserve to die humanly.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Chaosfox8888
Crew

Bloodthirsty Slayer

17,775 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:10 am
I don't have an issue with people or animals being abused or killed.

I can look at it or hear about it and shrug it off.

I guess it's because I'm so comfortable with the concept of death. I made peace with the fact that "everybody has to die some time" a long time ago.

But I'm still both sympathetic and empathetic. /shrugs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:08 pm
Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

between working at photo booths at the local park and Kingdom Bound there, i've lots almost all of my ability to care about strangers. friends i can (unless they do dumb stuff), and people i know on Gaia (this guild's regs, among others), bu other than that? not really, and even when it's over the net, it's a distant feeling.
that reminds me: i should probably start playing Summer Springs again XD
people dying in movies? or getting hurt? no emotion. except for the first time i saw Rue die...
and those 'help these poor abused animal' commercials? how many of those are staged? cuz a lot of those animals look perfectly fine.
and people killing themselves? population control cat_3nodding

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

AssassinCowboy

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:30 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

between working at photo booths at the local park and Kingdom Bound there, i've lots almost all of my ability to care about strangers. friends i can (unless they do dumb stuff), and people i know on Gaia (this guild's regs, among others), bu other than that? not really, and even when it's over the net, it's a distant feeling.
that reminds me: i should probably start playing Summer Springs again XD
people dying in movies? or getting hurt? no emotion. except for the first time i saw Rue die...
and those 'help these poor abused animal' commercials? how many of those are staged? cuz a lot of those animals look perfectly fine.
and people killing themselves? population control cat_3nodding

Humane socitiy of America. I think that's the one but they only help like 1% of animals they save the rest they put to sleep n also they lie about like horse slaughtering. They're been known to video tape in Mexico. Also the hide laws in the puppy mills vote a few yrs back. People thought it would save dogs but they fuxked it up for the farmers out here

I'm an anti social, social butterfly

I hate people n don't care if people die but if your one of my peps I'll kill for u  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:36 pm
AssassinCowboy

yup yup cat_3nodding
a few years ago, there was this one big ol' newscast about a local person who abused horses.
that was a true case, and all the horses except those injured beyond repair are doing better now. the really injured/suffering ones were put down.
but they made way too big of a deal out of it, so it got really boring really fast.

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:18 pm
My empathy is kind of unpredictable. I'll have totally different levels of emotional response to news of similar events. *shrug*
Also, I get incredibly emotionally invested in things like cartoons.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:45 pm
Chaosfox8888

I guess it's because I'm so comfortable with the concept of death. I made peace with the fact that "everybody has to die some time" a long time ago.

Example of your sympathy and empathy?  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:47 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
My empathy is kind of unpredictable. I'll have totally different levels of emotional response to news of similar events. *shrug*

Same here. When Uncle Iroh got burned and I thought he died, I didn't stop sobbing for two hours sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:22 pm
Clover_IceQueen
ShadowedMoonlight

Same here. When Uncle Iroh got burned and I thought he died, I didn't stop sobbing for two hours sweatdrop
I've spent all day collpasing in a heap, quietly screaming and crying a little because of the latest Young Justice episode. I'll pick myself up, be ok for a bit, and then it'll hit me again.
Let's face it, fictional characters become part of our lives. A more significant part than strangers we've never even heard of.  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Chaosfox8888
Crew

Bloodthirsty Slayer

17,775 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:13 am
Clover_IceQueen
Chaosfox8888

Example of your sympathy and empathy?

My every-day life?

I usually try to let people know early on in our friendship that they can come to me with anything. At anytime. And I'll be there to talk with them and try and make people feel better. It feels good to help people like that. 'Cause some people really need it...

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff