Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:27 pm
Hallowe'en, last year, had meant a party- an interesting one- and some fun.
A 'crack in the shell' as well, for Tambrey.
It had been the first proper Hallowe'en party she'd ever been to and, though no one had really known, she supposed, it had been kind of nice to go to a party on her birthday.
She kind of wanted something similar to happen this year, but had not come across anything and, not quite up to organizing such a thing herself, had settled for 'brightening up' a few places with appropriate decor.

It was that time of year again already.

On the one hand, she loved this time of year- Hallowe'en and all it's traditions and fun. On the other, it was difficult to find it a special day when it was rare you had anyone to celebrate another year of oneself.
That was selfish, she knew, but surely a birthday was the one day you could be a little bit selfish? Well, perhaps not.

Tambrey sighed, musing on such things. At least she wasn't currently on duty?
She was, in fact, stood on a chair in one of the rec' rooms, trying to re-pin a zubat decoration that had fallen.
Hallowe'en might overshadow her own day, but she was glad of it all the same. She -enjoyed- Hallowe'en (she was determined that she did) and to that end she made a special effort to help decorate rooms accordingly; to spread 'Hallowe'en cheer' in a way.

Her outfit had also undergone a little bit of this overcompensation.

No fancy dress, but pumpkins and bats had been clipped to her sandals that were currently under the chair she stood on, her t-shirt sported a flock of zubat silhouettes swirling through the orange skies of some silhouetted city, while she'd apparently decided to stick pumpkin stickers all over her jeans. Even her glasses had little plastic spinaraks clipped to them, with another apparently clinging to her hair.

Palu was the only pokémon she had currently allowed out. The bird had resisted most attempts to bring her into a similar state of celebration but nevertheless grumpily sat on top of a nearby table, fluffed up into her scarf with a single spinarak that she coudn't reach clinging to her head feathers.

"Frak!" Tam' grumbled, the zubat cut-out escaping the pin and falling back to the floor.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:04 pm
It had been a while since Rory had invested himself into any of the holidays. His old schedule used to be full of dates and training and it would be a miracle if he was actually home with his family. Funny how things can change. Now here he was in a pair of blue jeans with a Superman costume shirt on and his hair in the classic Superman quiff, or at least the best he could anyway. As he walked, the cape that hung down his back flapped against the back of his legs.

He was searching for someone as he carried a small box in his hands. He had something very important to deliver to the person and hoped to find them quickly, before they got absorbed into the activities or anything else that seemed to be going on today.

He walked into the rec room and automatically noticed the decorations that were hung up around the room. There were fake Zubats and Spiniraks hanging up and there was someone standing in a whole lot of Halloween gear on a chair trying to repin one of the decorations back in place. He wondered, curiously, who would be down here dressed like that until he spotted the slightly familiar bird pokemon resting on top of a table.

Grinning, he found a table close by that wasn't being occupied by a pokemon to sit his box down on, before walking up behind Tambrey.

"Need some help there, pretty lady?"  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:33 pm
Palu watched with slightly disapproving eyes as Rory entered dressed as he was. The bird warbled a greeting at him, but was apparently fed up with the holiday and, as with the decorations, grumped up over the superhero.
At least he did get a greeting though.

"Be nice..." Tambrey warned her as she was started to climb off the chair and retrieve the wayward zubat.
As she turned to see who had come in, she heard the voice and was already smiling when she faced Rory.
A 'snrt' escaped her as she found herself turning to face 'SuperRory' and quickly split itself to a grin.

"Wow. That... actually suits you." She was forced to admit. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to answer the question or not- was that part of the superhero acting? Well, she could use a hand but it was slipping her mind a little.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:33 pm
Rory tossed a small smile Palu's way when he heard the warbled greeting. It was slightly funny seeing the disgruntled pokemon surrounded by all of the decorations. He managed to pick up on Tambrey's little 'snrt' when she turned to face him and it caused him to grin wider. When she grinned at him, he was practically beaming.

"You think?" he asked gesturing to the shirt before pulling the cape out a bit behind him. "Even with this?" The grin refused to leave his face as he looked over her outfit. The little spinaraks on her glasses caught his eye as did the zubat shirt. Someone was feeling in the festive mood today and he was glad. He chuckled slightly at the pumpkins that were all over her jeans.

He lightly tapped at one of the spinaraks. "Those little guys seem to suit you, too." He gave her a wink, forgetting his delivery for a moment.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:50 am
The bird huffed up and then deflated in response to being told to 'be nice' and the smile she got.
She /wasn't/ getting enough attention in her opinion and the attention she had gotten had left her with the stupid bug decoration on her head.
At least this day and this time of year usually meant cake and some treats that would be shared with her... and all the others.

"Especially with that." She smirked, looking at the cape. "Very dashing, Smallville." Tambrey had to admit the cape suited Rory surprisingly well.
She blinked and fought off a blush at the tap on one of the decorations.
"Well they were just hanging around and given the time of year, I thought they might like an outing... These too." She held up the fallen zubat decoration.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:04 am
Rory gave her a shy half-smile, though he wasn't sure if it was at her blush or at the nickname, and lightly scratched the back of his neck. "Thanks, I wasn't sure but it seemed fun." It was nice to be able to relax and let loose for a bit.

His smile widened when she held up the fallen zubat decoration. "They definitely make everything look festive." Speaking of festivities, he had come searching for her for a purpose. He held up a finger and went to retrieve the small box he had brought in the room with him.

"I got something for you. I know it's not the best, but it was the best I could do on short notice." He forced himself to stop talking and handed her the box. Hopefully she would like his surprise; he hadn't known what flavor she would like so he had ended up grabbing two different flavors of cupcakes.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:00 am
"Definitely suits you." Tambrey reaffirmed at his explanation and grinned. "Thanks. A lot 'f this orange and black stuff was up already but I wanted t' make some things 's well. Putting them up 's fun."

She blinked as he held up his finger, responding almost on autopilot. "One word." Then watched him pick up the gift. "Didn't think visual aids were allowed..."

A shy smile of her own hovering now as he announced the little box was for her.
"Wait. Why? I mean... Not the best? It's better than I was expecting because I wasn't expecting anything for Hallowe'en. I mean, I don't have a thing f'r you." She was hesitating on opening the box, clutching it between two hands, along with the paper zubat as she rambled apologetically, not entirely sure what to make of this.
Had she let something slip? Had he talked to someone or looked her file up? Or was this actually a Hallowe'en present?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:24 am
Rory's chest puffed up slightly and he stood up a bit straighter when she smiled at him after taking the box. He scratched at the back of his neck again, nervously, when she asked him why he had given her the small box.

"It's not a Halloween gift," he decided was the best way to start out the explanation. "And I don't expect anything in return."

His smiled turned shy again, "When we got stuck at your mom's......she may have told me.....about today."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:01 pm
Tambrey toyed with the box, opening it just slightly, but not fully, perhaps waiting for the answer.
She listened, looking like perhaps she'd already caught on or at least had some idea, but was waiting to hear as to how he knew what he knew.
Her smile remained through her bemusement and then twitched a little as Rory's smile turned shy.
That was cute.
Ah. But, no, listening.
'When we got stuck at your mom's...'
Tambrey gave another little snrrt. /Of course/ she had.
"Ah." The black-haired grunt hesitated, registering it all, and then smiled.
"Well... I kind 'f wish she wouldn't do that sort o' thing and now I feel scared about whatever else she decided t' let out, but thank you."
Someone, not family, giving her a present on the day was something she barely knew what to think of.
Impulsively she moved forward to offer a quick attempted hug and a kiss at his cheek; a thank you that surely couldn't be too out of place, but one she moved to do quickly, before she could think about the action too much.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:12 pm
Rory watched as she processed what he had told her about how he had found out. The snrrt noise caused a small chuckle to come out as he watched her play with the box, not opening it fully yet.

"Hey, at least it's just a date and not a name you're trying to hide from everyone," he replied, giving her a small wink. "And at least I didn't find it in your file." Though the idea to attempt to look her up in the database had been tempting.

When she leaned forward, he made sure to move a bit to the side so he wouldn't squish the box between them when he returned her hug. When he felt her lips on his cheek, he felt the same cheek flush slightly as he squeezed her around the waist.

"Happy birthday, Tam," he whispered in her ear, not caring too much about how close they were right now.  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:58 am
"There is very little wrong with your name. It's a very good name." She lightly, mock, scolded while they hugged. Tambrey did wonder about what he'd find if he did/had looked her up in the database- perhaps she should take a look for herself at what was available publicly.

The hug caused her to colour slightly as she noticed Rory doing the same but his whisper of 'happy birthday' stilled any thought of leaving the hug for that moment, though she was quiet during it, having said thank you already.
It was a nice, small gesture, but alien enough that she felt her eyelashes dampen slightly. She somewhat hoped that wasn't too noticeable- at least she didn't think it would be until they stopped hugging anyway.
Which they would have to do in just a moment, she knew, for her to be able to open the box.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:09 pm
Her remark about his name caused another chuckle from him. "Says the woman that thought I was a pokemon," he gave her waist another small squeeze and held her there for a bit when it didn't appear she would be moving right a way.

It still felt a little weird, but not as much as it had the first time it had happened in the lab. Now it just felt....nice.....and comfortable? He gave a slight shake of his head to clear his thoughts and pulled back a bit, keeping one arm around her.

"I didn't know which one you would like so I picked up more than one," he commented, gesturing back to the box he had brought her. "Go on, open it."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:14 am
"Hey, a few people are probably named after pokémon." Tambrey teased, again, lightly, a bit mumble-y, still apparently happy to be embraced in the hug, though still blushing.
She blinked as he pulled back, then used the moment to quickly give a wipe at her eyes, before her commented on the box and told her to open it.

She opened it carefully- it was just a box, perhaps, but it was nice and the gesture itself had meant a lot. She intended to keep the box.
"Perfect." She grinned, as she saw the cupcakes inside.
She then paused, smiling more contentedly at a thought.
"I like both, and that was thoughtful but I know what would make this even nicer... Share with me?" She gestured toward the seats. "Cup of coffee and cake to share. That would be nice."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:55 pm
Rory grinned at her comment. "Oh yeah, when's the last time you met someone named Ho-oh or Zapdos?" he joked back as he watched her pull away from him so she could open her gift. He noticed when she quickly wiped at her eyes, though she was probably hoping that he wouldn't. He hoped they were happy tears; she seemed surprised and excited that he had gotten her something so he doubted they were sad tears.

He smiled happily when she grinned at seeing what he had brought her. He had figured it would be a good way to go. And he had picked both of her favorites!

"I would be honored to share them with you," he replied and went over to pull out a chair for her, "Have a seat and I'll get us some coffee and napkins."  

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:49 pm
"Pretty sure I watched a film with a character called Ho-oh in it once..." Tambrey replied, smiling still, though some little movement- a twitch only- was present, perhaps to try and imply an 'increase' in the smile's brightness or something like that. It was still a smile, but changed- perhaps warmer, more grateful then the surprise and amused grin from before.

She sat, and peered at the box, turning it this way and that, while her nose twitched a little bit at the scent of the cakey-food sitting in there.

"Best gift." She decided and commented as she turned the box all the way around.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff