Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Any tips on how to get rid of pimples? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I'm so ugly
  T.T
View Results

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:30 am
I'm sick of all these zits. They leave scars on my face sad  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:08 am
Don't touch them. If you leave them only they'll go away without making marks on your face. (I always make that mistake. >.> They're so hard not to touch. I just want them gone.)
And I find my St. Ives Apricot Scrub to be effective.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:41 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Don't touch them. If you leave them only they'll go away without making marks on your face. (I always make that mistake. >.> They're so hard not to touch. I just want them gone.)
And I find my St. Ives Apricot Scrub to be effective.

I always forget they're there and then scratch them... That's how I get the scars sad  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:46 am
Clover_IceQueen

I always forget they're there and then scratch them... That's how I get the scars sad

4laugh Where a helmet then you can't scratch them. xP lol.
...I really don't know how to help you. v.v sorry.  

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 am
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
Clover_IceQueen

4laugh Where a helmet then you can't scratch them. xP lol.
...I really don't know how to help you. v.v sorry.

Sure, I'll wear a helmet. While I'm at it, I'll shave off all my hair and paint my skin purple emotion_awesome  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 am
Burn them off with a flamethrower?

I have the same issue so I can't really be helpful. :C  

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:55 pm
Hey! I’m talking! cat_scream

leave them alone, and find something for the stuff that helps it run its course and keep it from coming back

Ok, I’m done. Go back to your babble

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:18 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

leave them alone, and find something for the stuff that helps it run its course and keep it from coming back

Everytime one goes away, three more replace it classified_fu  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:05 pm
Another suggestion: make sure you wash your face more often, not just when you take a shower.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:48 pm
Justin beiber endorces "proactive" because it keeps him clear (not that he ever had any pimples or actually uses the product)

But in the real world, have you tried teatree oil? it is a natural antimicrobial that works against the bacteria that causes acne. Although limited studys have been done on it. I have heard good things about it.

You can google heaps about it but

http://www.ehow.com/how_2295282_use-tea-tree-oil-acne.html is just one starting point.  

gdapw
Crew

Friendly Friend

13,925 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Flatterer 200

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:20 am
I have the occasional zit, but when I was in my teens I was "regular zitty". Rubbing alcohol works wonders- dries out the zit, and cleans it. Might sting a little -- but it clears up pretty quick. An RA back in my college days said that toothpaste also does the drying out.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:08 pm
Clover_IceQueen
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

then your face must be one big-a** pimple User Image

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:17 pm
There are several causes for acne - some of them are genetic, sometimes the cause is hormonal, sometimes it's simply the build-up of sebum blocking the pores and getting infected. If you've had break-outs for over 8 years, it's a good idea to get your hormone levels checked out. Even if you don't scratch or squeeze your pustules they can still cause scarring because the infection damages the collagen under the skin, leaving little pits.
Other very important factors are to use a good cleanser, exfoliant and moisturizer. Clean off the build-up of dead skin, take care not to dry it out too much or you can wind up leaving the skin vulnerable to things like sun damage and even triggering it to produce more sebum to try and repair the acid mantle. This is especially true of the cheap products aimed at oily skin, they tend to strip all the skins' natural protection and cause long-term damage in exchange for a temporary result. (Never use Proactive, it will ******** your skin up.)
Good quality skincare can be expensive, but it's worth it in the long-term. Supermarket and department-store products usually don't do the job for problem skin, the cosmeseutical grade products that are more effective can only be sold at places that employ beauty therapists.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:24 pm
Shannon Kyra Liannanon
Clover_IceQueen
Shannon Kyra Liannanon

then your face must be one big-a** pimple User Image

Well, aren't you a b***h? smile  

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100

Clover_IceQueen

Eloquent Genius

22,800 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:25 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
There are several causes for acne - some of them are genetic, sometimes the cause is hormonal, sometimes it's simply the build-up of sebum blocking the pores and getting infected. If you've had break-outs for over 8 years, it's a good idea to get your hormone levels checked out. Even if you don't scratch or squeeze your pustules they can still cause scarring because the infection damages the collagen under the skin, leaving little pits.
Other very important factors are to use a good cleanser, exfoliant and moisturizer. Clean off the build-up of dead skin, take care not to dry it out too much or you can wind up leaving the skin vulnerable to things like sun damage and even triggering it to produce more sebum to try and repair the acid mantle. This is especially true of the cheap products aimed at oily skin, they tend to strip all the skins' natural protection and cause long-term damage in exchange for a temporary result. (Never use Proactive, it will ******** your skin up.)
Good quality skincare can be expensive, but it's worth it in the long-term. Supermarket and department-store products usually don't do the job for problem skin, the cosmeseutical grade products that are more effective can only be sold at places that employ beauty therapists.

My mom has been trying to get me to use proactive for years, but I kept refusing. Now, I know why. I always had a bad feeling about that product.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff