Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Long Distance Relationships Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

yay or nay?
  yay
  nay
View Results

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:17 pm
well, i'm in one.
we have been together almost eight months now.
i just want your opinions on the matter c:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:32 pm
I wish you the best of luck. Every relationship is different, and if you can do ldr's , then you do it baby. I've been in multiple. I am not made for them.

You've been together for 8 months - have you met irl? Is it a purely Internet based relationship, or is it like significant other went to college....ish thing? Important things to know, if you want to share them.

I'm almost at the 10 month mark atm. =)

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:41 pm
4laugh Good for you. Best of luck to you!

It's all depends on the situation whether or not I could do a long distances relationship.
I've never had one, and I probably won't ever unless my boyfriend moves away, but if he moves I know he's taking me with him ^^

Do you enjoy the relationship? Is it hard?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:36 pm
Personally I think its all situationally based.

I think though you need to put in at least as much effort as you would a in person one though (daily talking at least, prefferably video chatting), with visits at least now and again.

Personally mine have failed, as have the majority of the ones I know of...BUT I know of at least a couple which have also grown stronger from it (after it stopped being long distance)  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:34 pm
Ginhi~kun
I wish you the best of luck. Every relationship is different, and if you can do ldr's , then you do it baby. I've been in multiple. I am not made for them.

You've been together for 8 months - have you met irl? Is it a purely Internet based relationship, or is it like significant other went to college....ish thing? Important things to know, if you want to share them.

I'm almost at the 10 month mark atm. =)

well, we have known each other for a long time. it was made on the internet haha, but i fell in love with his writing. like, the way he wrote just spoke to me, and it seemed that's what happened to him too. so now, it's this c:

well, he's planning to visit me this summer, so i'm looking forward to that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:43 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
4laugh Good for you. Best of luck to you!

It's all depends on the situation whether or not I could do a long distances relationship.
I've never had one, and I probably won't ever unless my boyfriend moves away, but if he moves I know he's taking me with him ^^

Do you enjoy the relationship? Is it hard?

thank you. c:

i am enjoying the relationship; not only because he is the first guy i have ever dated this long, but also the fact that he is legitimately one of the sweetest guys i have ever known. i count myself lucky that i can even find someone like him.

yes, it is hard because of the distance, and because we both have very dominant personalities. either way, we make do. he deals with my all around pissy attitude, and i deal with his rudeness.

hoenest

Darling

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:47 pm
Sagebomb
Personally I think its all situationally based.

I think though you need to put in at least as much effort as you would a in person one though (daily talking at least, prefferably video chatting), with visits at least now and again.

Personally mine have failed, as have the majority of the ones I know of...BUT I know of at least a couple which have also grown stronger from it (after it stopped being long distance)

we talk and text as much as we can despite the three hour time difference. one of my friends reassured me that it gets better. haha. thank you for your opinion c:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:11 pm
tanqela

well, we have known each other for a long time. it was made on the internet haha, but i fell in love with his writing. like, the way he wrote just spoke to me, and it seemed that's what happened to him too. so now, it's this c:

well, he's planning to visit me this summer, so i'm looking forward to that.
Well that's goods. I hope the physical chemistry stuff goes well for you. It sounds cutes though. ^_^

Are you guys both the same age-ish? I remember when I was a little younger I'd always go for older guys (sometimes significantly imho).

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:18 pm
Ginhi~kun
Well that's goods. I hope the physical chemistry stuff goes well for you. It sounds cutes though. ^_^

Are you guys both the same age-ish? I remember when I was a little younger I'd always go for older guys (sometimes significantly imho).

ahh, i'm older by like a year and eight days exactly, but hell if it matters. c:

i go for older guys too, but like, a year maybe two years older.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:27 pm
They don't work for some people, but they totally do for others. My big bro met a girl online and they were gf/bf for a few months before they met - in the end he lived with her for almost a year before they split. I definitely don't believe when people say "Oh, online/long distance relationships have no future", I definitely think they can work with the right people in the right circumstances.

It's cool that you're in love, I'm happy for you. smile  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:41 pm
tanqela

ahh, i'm older by like a year and eight days exactly, but hell if it matters. c:

We can be cougars together =D
At least presently. I'm 1 yr 10 mo 3 days older xP
Pretty much so long as you're in love and things are working ^___^

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:57 pm
Ginhi~kun
tanqela

We can be cougars together =D
At least presently. I'm 1 yr 10 mo 3 days older xP
Pretty much so long as you're in love and things are working ^___^

lol i guess so c:

good luck on yoursss

COUGAR TOWN.

hoenest

Darling

hoenest

Darling

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:00 pm
ShadowedMoonlight
They don't work for some people, but they totally do for others. My big bro met a girl online and they were gf/bf for a few months before they met - in the end he lived with her for almost a year before they split. I definitely don't believe when people say "Oh, online/long distance relationships have no future", I definitely think they can work with the right people in the right circumstances.

thank you. i like your siggy~
    Petshop of Horrors c;

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:10 pm
tanqela
ShadowedMoonlight

thank you. i like your siggy~
    Petshop of Horrors c;
Thanks! Count D is awesome. heart  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:37 pm
tanqela
well, i'm in one.
we have been together almost eight months now.
i just want your opinions on the matter c:

I've been in a constantly LDR for the last 7 years.
It's freaking HARD. But for everything that's happened, and despite only having to ever gotten to see each other once in that time, we still love each other and pride ourselves on having made it work through our teenage years into early adulthood, especially since monetary issues keep getting in the way of us actually starting to live together.

It's worth it if it works, and while you can't sacrifice your happiness, don't let feelings of loneliness compromise you, or jade you because chances are, they're going through the same feelings. <3

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff