Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
Godparents Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got any?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:57 am
Do you have any? Are they still alive? Do you see them a lot?

I really don't see my godfather. He lives in a different state. I don't know much about him, but he's a cool dude.
And my godmother died of cancer 2-3 years ago. I miss her. I didn't see her a lot, but she was awesome.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:19 am
i have... a lot. i know, and keep in touch with most of them, but ever since i moved to California, i have only been able to see one of my godmother's frequently.

i'm sorry about your loss. :c  

hoenest

Darling

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:58 am
tanqela
i have... a lot. i know, and keep in touch with most of them, but ever since i moved to California, i have only been able to see one of my godmother's frequently.

O.O How much is a lot?
I thought there was one godmother and one godfather per kid. xP  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:02 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx
tanqela

O.O How much is a lot?
I thought there was one godmother and one godfather per kid. xP

a lot.........
the rule does not apply to filipinos. LOL  

hoenest

Darling

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:07 pm
tanqela

a lot.........
the rule does not apply to filipinos. LOL

lol. Okay. X3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:32 pm
I should ask my parents if I have one at some stage.

Im not aware of any.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Fashionable Autobiographer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:12 pm
My godparents are my Aunt & Uncle (mom's sister and brother-in-law). My uncle passed in mid October though. They live about a mile away, and we've been religiously going up to visit them every Sunday since...ever. They were married/together for 40+ years too.

Anyway, I'm blessed to have such a wonderful family.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 am
No godparents for me. I'll probably end up being godmother to at least half a dozen kids, though. xd  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:44 am
Sagebomb

XD You should ask! It'll be interesting to find out if you do.

Quote:
Ginhi~kun

Sorry for your loss.
My godparents was my aunt (dad's sister) and uncle (mom's brother).

Quote:
ShadowedMoonlight

xP Sounds exciting. I think I have a possible chance to being a godmother at most 3 times in the future... unless I start making new friends. lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:29 pm
xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

xP Sounds exciting. I think I have a possible chance to being a godmother at most 3 times in the future... unless I start making new friends. lol.
I'm counting a few times for a couple of my friends, since I know they want more than one child. xd  

ShadowedMoonlight

Ruthless Sweetheart

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:40 pm
"A godparent, in many denominations of Christianity, is someone who sponsors a child's baptism. Today, the word godparent might not have explicitly religious overtones. The modern view of a godparent tends to be an individual chosen by the parents to take an interest in the child's upbringing and personal developmen"

I asked mum, and she said she never did because we were never baptised.

I asked her about it in the sense of here it is also acepted as the legal person who will take over the kids affairs in unfortunate events.

She said no, she told me who it probally would have been if she did. And they are okay people. One of them I dont think could handle having kids...the other couldnt, though with help had thier first child just recently.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:47 pm
Yeah, if I have kids I would want them to have godparents, despite religion. I have two godchildren, but they were baptized and such which is fine. Good old Catholicism >_>  

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:56 pm
Ginhi~kun
Yeah, if I have kids I would want them to have godparents, despite religion. I have two godchildren, but they were baptized and such which is fine. Good old Catholicism >_>

If I were to have gotten baptised I think I would have choosen "baptist" because the baptist youth group I went to was pretty awesome.

But indeed, for my kids I would want legally recognised secondary guardians in the case of any eventualitys.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:17 pm
Sagebomb
If I were to have gotten baptised I think I would have choosen "baptist" because the baptist youth group I went to was pretty awesome.

But indeed, for my kids I would want legally recognised secondary guardians in the case of any eventualitys.
Up where I live there are some CRAY sects of Baptists. But I'm sure there are chill ones too. ^_^

Yeah, probably your parents would be first in line to take the kids, but having very close friends/siblings is good too.

Ginhi~kun
Vice Captain

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:51 pm
Ginhi~kun
Up where I live there are some CRAY sects of Baptists. But I'm sure there are chill ones too. ^_^

Yeah, probably your parents would be first in line to take the kids, but having very close friends/siblings is good too.

Yeah, I think most groups have crazys, and more loose ones. Like I know some anglican churches here of both extremes.  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff