Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Myst's Healthy Recipes! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:21 am
Its after Christmas and new years so who hasn't gained some weight.
Going on a diet to fit into your old clothes and swimming suit?
or simply feeling tired and dull after the winter?
Come here and ill post healthy recipes for you!

If you have questions about food or baking and whats healthy or not?
Then ask them here!
Request a recipe for anything you want and i'll find it and post the recipe for it here!
Say chicken and i'll give you an amazing chicken recipe, say you need a recipe quick to make and ill give you a recipe you can make in 5 to 10 minutes.

Or if you simply want to talk about anything food related then do it here!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:22 am
Squash Soup
4 servings

2squash
½ onion
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
8 deciliter water
1½ bouillon cubes
2 tablespoons butter (not needed it is only there for taste)
2 deciliter grated cheese (use low fat cheese and its not needed it is only there for taste)

Cut the squash in smaller pieces. Peel the onion and garlic
Heat a pot with the olive oil in and put in the squash, onion and garlic for minutes. Add salt pepper and rosemary. Add water and put in the bouillon cubes. Boil under a lid for about 15 min.
Pour the soup in a food processor or use a hand mixer to make the soup even and smooth. Pour the soup back in the pot and wait for it to boil again. Add water as needed. Put in the butter and taste it, add salt and pepper if needed.
Pour the soup into bowls and add the grated cheese and a piece of rosemary on top.

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:23 am
one thing before i begin Eggplants is the same thing as Aubergines

Aubergine gratin with feta cheese
4 servings

4 aubergines
2 tablespoons salt
2 onions
4 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons dried mint
2 deciliter crème fraiche
300 g feta cheese
salt and pepper
1 deciliter walnuts

Set the oven to 250 degrees Celsius. Peel and cut the aubergines in 2-3 cm bits. Rinse them and then put salt on them. Then leave them for 30 min.
Peel and chop the garlic and onions finely. Fry them for about ! a minute in olive oil in a frying pan. Crumble the mint and fry it for a few seconds. Boil the crème fraiche in a pot and add the feta cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted. Add the onions and garlic and add pepper and salt as needed.
Rinse the aubergine bits again and dry them with a clean towel. Put them in a pan and and pour the rest of the olive oil on the aubergine bits and grill them in the oven for 20 min or until they got some color and gotten soft.
Lower the temperature to 175 degrees Celsius . Put the aubergine bits in an oven-safe gratin-form and pour the cheese sauce on it. Put the walnuts on top and then it takes 15-20 min in the oven until the gratin is done. Serve with a green salad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:24 am
Broccoli soup
4 servings

4 potatoes
2 carrots
2 onions
1 tablespoon butter
1 liter vegetable bouillon
250g broccoli (frozen or fresh)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
salt and pepper

Peel the potatoes and carrots then slice them into smaller pieces. Peel and chop the onions.
Heat a pot with butter in it and fry the onions,potatoes and carrots far a minute or two. Add the bouillon and broccoli and let it boil for 10 minutes.
Add thyme,salt and pepper as needed to give it a good taste.

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:26 am
Pappardelle with peas and Pecarino
4 servings

400 g pappardelle or other broad flat-pasta
2 big handfuls of green peas (frozen works fine)
extra fine virgin olive oil (normal olive oil works fine too)
juice and peel of 1 lemon (only the yellow outside of the peel that you use a grater to get)
some mint, finely chopped and some leaves for serving
A big handful of pecarino cheese plus a little extra for serving

Boil the pasta following the instructions on the package, save some of the water you boiled the past in. Put the peas in a pot with cold water and then heat the pot until the peas have boiled for 2 minutes. Pour out the water and mix the beans with the pasta, some olive oil, lemon juice and grated lemon peel, mint and the pecorino cheese add some of the water you boiled the pasta in if it gets dry. Then add some mint leaves and pecarino cheese on top and its ready to serve.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:26 am
Green noodle-soup
1 serving

1 package of miso powder
some broccoli
some sugar snap peas, cut in half
some champignons/field mushroom(?), cut in half
A big handful of spinach
1 garlic clove, sliced
2 centimeter ginger, grated
100g rice noodles, boiled
coriander leaves to use when serving

Dissolve the miso powder by following the instructions on the packaging. Bring it up to a soft boil and add broccoli,peas and mushrooms.
Boil until everything just gotten soft. Add spinach, garlic, ginger and noodles and let it get warm.
Then put the coriander leaves on top.

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 am
Chicken fillet with arugula crème
4 servings

4 chicken fillets
2 garlic cloves
1 lemon
1 tablespoon dried basil
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ deciliter Parmesan cheese

arugula crème
50g arugula salad
2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 deciliter crème fraiche
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
salt and pepper

Set the oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Put the chicken fillets on an oven tray.
Peel and finely chop garlic. Cut the lemon into slices.
Put on an even layer of garlic,lemon,basil,salt and pepper on the chicken. Pour on the olive oil and put it in the oven for 30 min. Let the chicken cool on the oven tray.
Put all the ingredients for the crème into a food processor/mixer except the salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients for a few seconds and add pepper and salt as needed.
Slice the chicken fillets and put the slices on a serving tray. Pour on the arugula crème and blend it with the chicken slices. Put the Parmesan cheese on the chicken.
Works great with a pasta-salad or a quinoa-salad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 am
If the recipe is a success depends on how one add the egg.

Chinese egg soup
4 servings

1 egg
9 clear bouillon
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon light soy sauce
2 big scallions, only the green parts which is cut in thin rings

Whisk the egg lightly
Pour the bouillon into a pot or a wok. Heat it until it boils and then lower the temperature as low as possible (on an electrical stove remove it from the heat altogether). Pour the egg very carefully and slowly between either two chopsticks or along the backside of a fork. Pour it from about 20-25 centimeter above the bouillon and move the chopsticks/fork in a circular motion so that the egg cover the surface of the soup.
Remove the pot from the heat and put on a lid for about 45 seconds so that the egg may become soft bits. Add salt, sugar and the soy sauce and sprinkle the scallion on top. Stir the soup a couple of times.
Then its ready to serve.

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:57 pm
Cabbage pudding
4 servings
1 cabbage head, about 800 gram
½ onion
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon syrup
salt and white pepper
500 g minced meat
1 deciliter boiled rice
1 egg
1 tablespoon soy
2 deciliter water
1 teaspoon salt
1 pinch pepper
1 tablespoon butter

Gravy (?) (not healthy)
1 deciliter calf bouillon
1 deciliter cream
1 teaspoon blackberry jelly
salt and white pepper

Set the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Shred the cabbage thinly. Peel and chop the onion.
Heat a pan with butter in it and fry the cabbage until its soft, a bit at a time. Fry the onion and mix it with the cabbage in the pan. Flavor it with salt and white pepper. Add syrup and let everything fry for a few minutes.
Put the minced meat in a bowl and add rice, a third of the cabbage, egg, soy, water, salt and pepper. Mix until everything is a soft paste.
add layers of paste and cabbage on each other in some kind of ovenware that have a layer of something on the inside so that the cabbage pudding doesn't stick to the ovenware such as butter or non-stick spray. The last layer should be cabbage. Put it in the oven for 30 min.
Boil the bouillon and cream in a pot. Let it boil for 5 min, Stir now and then. Flavor it with soy, jelly, salt and white pepper.

(Translating into English is hard at times. xp )

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:38 am
Pie crust made of sifted spelt flour (i don't know if that's the correct way to say it) (Normal pie crust is ok too)
100 gram butter/margarine
2 deciliter sifted spelt flour
2 tablespoons water

Blend the ingredients and work it until you have a smooth dough, let it rest in your fridge for 15 minutes.
Push the dough out into a pie form so it is even. Pierce the bottom of the crust with a fork a couple of times and bake it in the lower part of the oven for 15 min.

Salmon pie with broccoli
100 gram fresh broccoli (frozen works too)
200g cold smoked salmon (other salmon works too)
1 red onion
1 teaspoon butter
3 eggs
2 deciliter milk
100g aged cheese (other cheese works too)
½ deciliter fresh dill
50 gram sunflower seeds
salt and pepper

Set the oven to 225 degrees Celsius. Make the pie crust.
Cut the broccoli into smaller bunches and put onto the pie crust. Shred the salmon and put it in the pie crust with the broccoli. Peel and chop the onion finely. Heat a frying pan with butter in it and fry the onion for a few minutes.
Whisk egg and milk. Grate the cheese and add it into the egg and milk mixture. Add the fried onion, cheese, dill, sunflower seeds, salt and pepper into the mixture. Then pour everything into the pie crust and bake in the middle of the oven for about 15 minutes.

(Not one of my better salmon and broccoli pie recipes, but it will do)

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Kecitich

Supportive Cutesmasher

13,950 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Waffles! 25
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:11 pm
Pretty cool MystMist,
MystMist
Its after Christmas and new years so who hasn't gained some weight.
Going on a diet to fit into your old clothes and swimming suit?
or simply feeling tired and dull after the winter?
Come here and ill post healthy recipes for you!

Just for fun... please don't be too upset or angry with me. hehehe. Just for fun like I said...
No I haven't gained any weight after Christmas. lol
My old clothes are too big rofl I don't have any swim suit either lol
Nor I felt any tire, totally no dull during winter time!
But thanks for these recipes smile

MystMist
Or if you simply want to talk about anything food related then do it here!

Pretty fun read when I were reading your recipes here, MystMist, I don't think I will make these as I am TOO LAZY when it comes to cooking. I love easy food, Fruits are fast food; even steamed vegetables are almost as easy too... Simple facts
xd

No hate, no hate, just sharing what I know about food.

Oh, one more thing, if we don't want fat, it's kind of contradictory to add extracted oil in our dishes. Real whole food taste great as they are, unless we are already spoiled by too mixed taste to begin with. Just giving an example : ripe mangoes are really good, super yummy. I highly doubt anyone would hate sweet tasty mangoes. Let's put it this way - would we want a little bit of oil to enchant mango's flavor? I don't think so... That's what I am talking about 3nodding

But I can only guess you put great efforts, thinking and experiences on writing these recipes, thank you. I like reading these.... it's good read for me anyway 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:20 pm
Salmon Soup
4 servings

100 gram field mushrooms/champignons
1 red paprika
1 yellow paprika
6 Shallots
1 deciliter finely chopped leek
½ broccoli head
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon curry
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Salt and pepper
1 liter fish bouillon
2 deciliter cream
about 500 gram salmon fillet
Garnish: a couple of leaves of fresh parsley

Slice the mushrooms. Chop the paprika finely. Peel and slice the Shallots. Finely chop the leek and cut the broccoli into smaller bits.
Pour some olive oil into a big pot. Add the mushrooms, paprika, shallots, leek and spices and let it fry for a minute or so. Add the bouillon and cream and let it boil for 10 minutes.
Cut the salmon into smaller bits and put them into the soup along with the broccoli. Let it boil on low heat for 5 min.
Add salt, pepper and eventually more curry, Garnish with some parsley leaves before servings.  

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:36 pm
Kecitich

Oh, one more thing, if we don't want fat, it's kind of contradictory to add extracted oil in our dishes. Real whole food taste great as they are, unless we are already spoiled by too mixed taste to begin with. Just giving an example : ripe mangoes are really good, super yummy. I highly doubt anyone would hate sweet tasty mangoes. Let's put it this way - would we want a little bit of oil to enchant mango's flavor? I don't think so... That's what I am talking about 3nodding

But I can only guess you put great efforts, thinking and experiences on writing these recipes, thank you. I like reading these.... it's good read for me anyway 3nodding

My text it says healthy recipes not low-fat recipes so what you say isn't important besides, oil carry flavors and bring out the flavor of other ingredients. Canola oil and olive oil is the only ones i have listed so far and they both are vegetable oils and contain a good amount of antioxidants. Extra virgin olive oil is good to choice and other cold-pressed oils are also good-choices. All vegetable oils also contain omega-3, omega-6 and omega-9 and all of those are good for the heart. A little bit of oil can also completely change the texture of the food so that it tastes better to eat.

!!!Your example is just insulting and stupid and does not pertain at all to the recipes i have posted, So stop harassing me unless you could put up a real factual argument and example pertaining to how i use an ingredient or what i have posted in my recipes!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:45 pm
Quickly made Cherry Chutney
4 servings

A little bit of butter
olive oil
1 fennel, chopped
½ teaspoon fennel seeds
1 onion, sliced
1 star anise
400 gram cherries, with the pits removed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2½ deciliter red wine

Pour butter and oil into a pot at medium heat, then add fennel,fennel seeds, onion and star anise. Fry until the vegetables is soft but not yet gotten color.
Add cherries and vinegar and fry for 30 sec, stir. Pour on the wine and let sit until it boils, let the wine reduce while stirring until the consistency is like chutney. Salt and pepper it. Remove the star anise.

Done!

MystMist

Dangerous Phantom

13,300 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

Victoria Whitechapel

7,400 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:56 pm
I am not really any good at cooking sadly sad but your recipes sound really yummy Thank you for posting them smile Maybe I will try one. Wish me luck and pray I do not burn the kitchen down.  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff