Reply Ear Piercings
Advice (new question - first post edited) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ms Fallen Angel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:17 am
Edit: I just decided to recycle this topic, instead of make a new one. The orginal post was on advice for my first piercing. Thanks to all who replied. It's done, I'll post pics. I love it.

Now I have another question. I've been taking good care of my piercing. It's been about a month, it still hurts if I smack it on something, but other than that it's good. I won't lay on it though >.>

Anyway...I'm kinda bored of the plain metal ball. I ordered some CBRs way before I got the piercing. They're 14g. My piercing was done at 16g. My question: Can I use the beads from the 14g for my 16g? I don't want to change the ring itself because it hasn't been long and I'm trying to be good. I just want to know if I could use the ball to give it a different look. I've looked around and there's no place around that just sells the beads. My piercer said I could stretch my cartilige up to a 14g once it healed a bit (any thoughts on that?) but I don't want it to not breath while it's still healing.

A picture It's not the greatest. I'm gonna try to get another done before I post in the picture thread. This was done the day after.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:33 am
woah, that ring thing... thats false sweatdrop because unless u get it done stupidly like with a piercing gun (never ever ever ever do that) it would most likely be done with a CBR (captive ball ring)

also i'd say try not to sleep on it at all for a while, no use adding extra pressure for no reason  

[NUTs]

Ms Fallen Angel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 11:05 am
I generally sleep on my sides...so if I sleep on it, it won't be on purpose...because I'm all about avoiding as much pain as I can.

I was just curious on the CBR things because I'd only seen it one or two places...so I figured it was probably nothing.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:40 pm
no, CBR is the jewelry used most often wherever it can be, unless requested otherwise, or the type of piercing just won't work.

one of the main reasons for this is that it's easier to care for
another one is that it's generally the least expensive piercing jewelry  

Kekewey Saew

Ki-nu-ko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:21 pm
Kekewey Saew
one of the main reasons for this is that it's easier to care for
another one is that it's generally the least expensive piercing jewelry

Not only that, CBRs can accommodate for the swelling that occurs, whereas studs don't allow for much, if any swelling.

I haven't heard of any non-gun piercers using a stud earring, actually.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:57 pm
I've gotten all of my cartilage piercings done with CBR's initially. (You can check my pic in the Post Your Pic thread). I still have my original rings in my two outer cartilage piercings, which happen to be the my first two piercings' original jewelry. I've changed my snug an forward helix to barbells though because they seem to work better for me. I would not recommend getting a snug with a ring though. Those things are so finicky and rings take extra abuse there.

Aside from that, rings are just fine for outer cartilage piercings. Studs are a really bad idea, and they tend to be crap for metal anyway.  

Warninglv100
Crew

eighiehgudgjd

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:45 pm
CBRs are what you originally recieve. It's earier for swelling and care.

Also as said you should sleep on your side instead of putting the pressure on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:54 am
Thanks for clearing that up everyone.

Well, we've set the date for tomorrow morning. *is a bit nervous*

I have one last question though. How much do you tip?  

Ms Fallen Angel

Kekewey Saew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:15 am
well...on most of my piercings, I tipped $10
$15 when getting two...would have tipped about $30 for my ladder, but I just couldn't let someone else handle that one sweatdrop

and relax, I'm sure you did your research on the piercer, visited with them, and will be quite comfortable in the chair....right?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 2:33 pm
Talked with them a bit via email. Am going to see the place tomorrow and passing judgement on the place. I can find nothing good nor bad on the piercer as it's going to be about a 30 minute drive to get to them.  

Ms Fallen Angel

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:17 pm
I usually tip around $10. Which means I put in an extra ten and he gets whatever change I was supposed to get. Piercers usually appreciate whatever you give them if they take tips. There really isn't a set amount like there is at resturants. Just tip whatever you are comfortable with giving.

I just noticed that you're located in Ohio. I'm curious as to what general region you're from and if I know the shop you're going to. Chances are probably slim, but meh.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:39 am
Anything around the Cleveland Area...so Akron, Cleveland, Lakewood, etc. There's really nothing close to us so anything will be atleast 15 minutes.

We're currently printing off some choices and going to check them out.  

Ms Fallen Angel

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 4:23 pm
Ms Fallen Angel
Anything around the Cleveland Area...so Akron, Cleveland, Lakewood, etc. There's really nothing close to us so anything will be atleast 15 minutes.

We're currently printing off some choices and going to check them out.

Ah, I don't think you could be any farther away and still in the state xd . Definately not in the Cincinnati area. So I guess I can't recommend any place for you. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:20 am
Edited the first post for another question ^.^  

Ms Fallen Angel

Warninglv100
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:55 pm
The gauge shouldn't make much of a difference for a bead. As long as the bead is about the same size as the bead you are replacing, you shouldn't have much trouble. Changing beads takes some practice and patience especially. xp

If the new bead is a little bigger, you may need to open it a little to get the bead in, or close it if it is smaller. I would think you should be able to do that semi-easily at 16ga. Good luck!

And about stretching cartilage.. it is a b***h and a half, atleast from 14ga to 12ga. Easily the most painful ear mod I've had. I believe 16ga to 14ga is only .4mm in diameter. I can't remember what 12ga is at the moment, but the circumfrence would be larger anyway, which is what you feel really. Pain wise, I don't recommend it. Gauge wise, I prefer larger gauges for piercings anyway for stability. Which ever is more important to you.  
Ear Piercings

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff