Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:27 pm
"Sorry, Midas," the young man sighed in frustration, glaring at the feet of the tavern owner as he plucked the golden arcanine's ball from his belt. "Take a rest, alright?"

The arcanine, clearly displeased with the idea threw its tail to the side and bared its teeth a moment before disappearing into the pokeball in resignation.

"Happy now?" the trainer growled, stepping through the doorway and brushing shoulders with the keeper as he snapped the ball back to his hip. God. It was freezing and the last thing he wanted was for this damned idiot to keep him out in the cold any longer. What was one pokemon in a bar, anyway?

He tugged the scarf from around his neck, thrusting it down into his bag before unzipping the leather jacket he wore and throwing himself down at a table. It had been a long, long week, and his patience was wearing thin. After a quick glance at the menu, he kicked himself back into the chair and looked around, nodding to a waitress to get her attention.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:41 pm
It had been a pretty average day for Yuri and he wasn't feeling too bad. He'd gotten a job reorganizing a warehouse and it had paid pretty decently. Now with some money in his pockets, he decided to stop by the tavern for a bite to eat and maybe a drink.

As per usual, Repede was left outside, and Yuri went inside. He could already tell something was up when he saw the owner grumbling about some smart mouthed hooligan. Meanwhile the waitress that Zane tried to flag down was a bit distracted by his entrance.

"Welcome back, Yuri! Would you like to sit at your... oh." She stopped when she realized that the table the young raven haired man usually sat at was currently occupied.

"Hey, what's up?" And he followed her gaze to the table and smirked. Ah ha. "No sweat. I'll just seat myself."

With that Yuri swung his sword up so that it rested on his shoulder as he walked into the tavern. At the table in which Zane sat, Yuri stopped and placed his other hand on his hip.

"Nice seat, huh?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm
When the waitress' attention was snatched away, the man rolled his eyes and sat his head in his hand, rubbing his temples as he attempted to calm down and relax. The last thing he wanted was to be rude to the poor woman if she ever decided to do her job...His temper easily got out of hand, and he didn't want any victims, especially not women. He hated the aftereffects of that type of thing...

When a voice--clearly not female-- caught his attention, Zane cut his eyes up, one brow lifting higher than the other. "Yeah, I guess."

Was this a guy? The hair was way too long, at least, in Zane's opinion; his stayed chopped and mostly short, save for the few pieces that hung around his ears. Definitely didn't have curves and he'd never met a woman that carried a sword. Then again, he couldn't recall meeting anyone who carried a sword on their shoulder like this guy.

When the man didn't move away after his short reply, he lifted his other brow, sweeping his hand in as if to ask if there was more the stranger wanted to say.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:34 pm
Yuri's mouth twisted up in a smirk at the gesture from this guy. "Then I guess you won't mind sharing," he said as he dropped himself in the seat opposite the obvious newcomer. He'd never seen this guy around here before, so he could safely assume he wasn't from around here.

Despite his rather... unique appearance, Yuri was 100% a guy. It was evident by his voice, the way he slouched casually in his seat, plus not many women would have the front of their shirt open like that either.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:18 pm
Didn't really look like he had much of an option, he thought as he watched the guy drop into the seat in front of him. He sighed in frustration and waved down the waitress he had seen earlier, setting his arms on the table as she walked over.

"Do I...know you?" he asked Yuri, still thoroughly confused as to why he had approached.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:35 am
The waitress was actually already heading in their direction when Zane tried to flag her down. She set a mug of beer in front of Yuri, for which he thanked her. She then smiled at the both of them.

"A friend of yours, Yuri? What can I get you?"

"Nope, I've never seen him before in my life. I think I'll have the chicken and fries this time, thanks."

The waitress jotted it down and nodded. "And what can I get you?" Her attention now finally turning to Zane.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:37 am
He watched with curiosity as the waitress slid the mug to the man opposite him; obviously, this girly man frequented this place.

"Just a burger plate and some water. Please," he added as an after thought. She hadn't done anything to him to set him off, thank God. Now if he could just figure out who the hell this guy was...

Once the waitress walked away, he turned his attention back to Yuri, again eyeing the sword skeptically. "Who are you?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:07 am
Setting the sword down, he folded his arms behind his head and gave Zane a confident smile. "Yuri Lowell, nice to meet you."

He didn't touch the beer just yet.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:38 pm
After a moment of consideration, Zane nodded and glanced up at him. "Zane."

Why not make conversation? 'Yuri Lowell' looked about his age and was all smiles apparently-- didn't seem dangerous. Zane himself wasn't really one to make a lot of friends--or keep any-- but it wouldn't hurt to talk to someone after being gone so long, though his pride told him he didn't need companionship. He had that in Midas.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:54 pm
Yuri's smile remained when Zane introduced himself, and as he decided to start with the small talk.

"So the old man was giving you a hard time, huh?" He could probably guess why, but decided to see if Zane would volunteer the information himself.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:06 pm
Zane glanced around the room, obviously unused to others starting conversations with him. "Yeah, wouldn't let my arcanine in," he sighed, automatically reaching to his belt to check the ball in which Midas was--hopefully-- resting.

When it appeared he wasn't-- as the ball was twitching-- the trainer rolled his eyes and clipped it back to his belt. Of course Midas wasn't resting. Friends through and through the two might have been, but Midas had a mind of his own. Though obedient, he followed orders his own way, usually making Zane either laugh or scowl in response, depending on the day and mood.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:12 pm
Yuri smirked a little bit. Yeah, that's what he thought. He took one arm out from behnd his head to wave it expressively as he continued talking.

"Yeah, that's kinda house rules around here. Gotta leave Repede at the front door, myself."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:44 pm
He nodded, defenses still high but attitude starting to defrost a bit. "yeah. Guess Midas would be a bit big in here with the tables and things..."

He looked around again a moment, then back to Yuri. "Repede? What's a Repede?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:14 pm
"Yeah, Arcanine are pretty big. Can't say I really blame them for not letting him in. But you know, letting any sort of creature with control of potentially volatile elements in a place like this is probably a pretty bad idea."

He then rolled his shoulders in a shrug and reached for the mug of beer, downing a swallow of it.

"Repede's my partner. A Growlithe."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm
Zane grinned a fleeting grin, and nodded. "Yeah. Midas is great, but I guess you really can't blame them. It would be nice if they'd put up a sign or something..."

Thanking the waitress as she returned with his water, he glanced toward the door. "This growlithe of yours trained?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff