Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:24 pm
As Dove stepped into the tavern, she lowered her hood, showering the wooden paneled floors with the rainwater that had collected along her shoulders and hair. The storm outside was ferocious, ice cold and windy, and she hated it.

Her mood had plummeted earlier that morning, after a less than spectacular chat with her boyfriend. Again, she had caught him right in the middle of work, finding that he couldn't be disturbed until much later in her evening. Though she had assured him that it was fine and she would talk with him another time, it had left her spirits low. Long distance relationships were hard enough, even without her significant's busy schedule.

Moving closer to the fire, she took a seat, taking off her soaked through coat and wrapping her trembling arms tightly around her middle; she was freezing and tired and honestly just felt like crying then and there, if only her pride would allow it. When the waitress asked if she'd like anything, she nodded, asking for a hot cup of tea to start with, then settled back into the chair, slumping down and staring longingly into the fire. Why couldn't she just go home...?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:37 pm
Laying down at the door as always was Repede. The Growlithe opening his one eye and lifting his head as he watched Dove enter into the tavern. He had shelter underneath the overhang of the roof, so the weather didn't really bother him. He just lowered his head again and closed his eye when she went inside.

Yuri was there just minding his own business, having mostly finished his meal, when Dove walked in. Hearing the soggy footsteps, he looked up and blinked as he recognized the girl. She looked worse for wear. Getting up from his seat, he walked over to the bar as the waitress went to fetch her tea.

"Hey, got any towels or blankets back there?" Yuri asked as he leaned against the bar's edge. The bartender nodded, "Yeah I think so, hold on." He ducked into the back and soon returned, bringing one of each. "Thanks, man."

Taking them, he went over to where Dove was and dropped the blanket over her shoulders before plopping down next to her. "Pretty lousy weather out there, huh?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:46 pm
Dove started a bit as Yuri took a seat next to her, blinking at the blanket draped around her shoulders. "Yes... It's horrific," she murmured, tightening the blanket around her shaking frame. "Thanks, by the way..."

She added another thanks to the waitress as she returned with a steaming mug full of tea, cupping it carefully with both hands as she brought it up to her lips. The warmth was instant, filling her insides quickly, though she still shivered where she sat. It would be a while before she was able to shake the chill.

Pushing her hair back from her face, she sighed deeply, not knowing what exactly to say to Yuri. He was kind enough to keep her company, and yet she couldn't bring herself to be her usual happy, outgoing self, no matter how hard she thought of trying. Being alone was wearing her thin and the weather as of late wasn't helping in the slightest.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:52 pm
He held the towel out to her, waving his hand dismissively at her thanks. She didn't really need to thank him. It didn't take much effort at all on his part. However, Yuri was certainly attentive enough to see that more than the rain had her down. If she wouldn't break the silence, then he would.

"Soooo... what's got you looking so glum? Don't tell me the boyfriend dumped you." That'd be pretty lame. Dove looked as if someone had kicked her Eevee, so to speak.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:26 pm
She took the towel slowly, keeping silent for a few moments more. Tears pricked at the corners of her eyes, threatening to overtake her if she spoke immediately.

After a few long moments of watching the flames flicker in silence, she shrugged hopelessly, a few tears escaping and sliding down over her cheek. "....He might as well have, " she choked.

She definitely didn't want to burden Yuri--or anyone-- with her troubles, but it hurt to sit in silence; being alone hurt.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:31 pm
Yuri blinked and stared at Dove's confession and when she actually started crying. One of the waitresses also giving him a dirty look. Oh great. He hadn't actually been serious when he said that! Way to go, Yuri Lowell. You're just great with the ladies tonight.

"Whoa, hey. It can't be that bad, right?"

Please don't cry. He doesn't know what to do with a crying girl. This is awkward.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:40 pm
She shook her head, even nothing else but to convince herself. "I'm sorry...We just had a fight today, on the phone, and-- I hate fighting with him anyway, but being so far away just makes it so much worse..." she sniffled, her voice breaking as she confessed.

"I just hate this.... this not knowing how he's really doing, what's happening on his side of the world..." She wiped her tears away with the back of her hand, then ran the towel over her hands to dry them. "It's my own fault, really, but it would be nice if he would at least try to--"

She closed her eyes then, stopping herself before she could continue. He did try-- deep down she knew that. He worked hard to please their families, to keep his position with the company that he hoped to one day own and manage, not only for his sake, but for hers also. It just hurt her to know that he was there on his own, without her. Not that he needed her help anyway...

Not to mention she seriously missed the affection and comfort his arms offered when they were together.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:24 am
Yuri sat there in silence for a few moments. He wasn't really good when it came to relationships. He'd never actually had a girlfriend himself. So he wasn't really in the department of giving love advice.

"So, just go home then. If you miss him that much, why hang around here? Or have him come to you."

Clearly Yuri didn't really understand the circumstances around Dove's relationship with her boyfriend. But it all seemed pretty simple to him. If the distance was causing the problem, then just fix it.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:31 pm
She shook her head quietly, willing the tears to stop coming. This was ridiculous; she shouldn't have been crying in such a public space like this...

She closed her eyes and shifted her grip on her tea. "I wish it were that simple. I can't go back now...not yet.

She couldn't. She had promised to leave him be, so that his father would have no reason to think him distracted by her, though in her mind, she never had been a distraction in the first place. Until he had accomplished everything he needed to do to prove himself to his father, she would stay away as best she could, even if it meant her hurting. She knew how much his position meant to him and would do anything within her power to help him achieve it.

She took a deep, shaking breath and laughed weakly. "I-I'm sorry, Yuri. I shouldn't be like this," she apologized, attempting still to force her spirits up. "How was your day?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:39 pm
Yuri watched Dove quietly. He didn't really know what the circumstances were with her significant other. And really it was none of his business. But he knew pain when he saw it, and that wasn't something he could easily ignore.

"Yeah? What's so great about this guy, anyway?"

When he last saw Dove on Christmas day, she looked pretty down then too. If anything, this guy must be a total jerk to make her feel that way. He then gave a roll of his shoulders at her question.

Just the same old, same old." Nothing really exciting to speak of. He did work, and got paid.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:12 pm
Dove's eyes remained on the fire, her body small and fragile. She closed her eyes as Yuri quickly answered her question to him, leaving little room for elaboration. Tucking her hair back, she answered his. "He's... determined and smart and driven..." she whispered. "... we grew up together and he just.. I've always had the overwhelming need to help him be the best he can be."

She blinked away a few tears and took another sip of tea. "He's passionate and I just..."

She lowered her eyes to her mug, running slender fingers along the handle. "I just... love him."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:22 pm
Leaning over in his seat, staring ahead at the fire, Yuri frowned a little as he listened to her.

"Aaand... he's making you miserable. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense."

There was just something wrong with this. And Yuri couldn't very well keep his mouth shut about it. Dove was a nice girl. A bit naïve, but not a bad person. He didn't really like to see her like this.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:28 pm
Dove lowered her head, staying quiet this time around. It wasn't so much her boyfriend making her miserable as it was the circumstances surrounding their relationship. Their world just wasn't fair.

After a long moment of just listening to the fire crackle, she lifted her head, again taking a deeper breath. She wasn't being polite, acting like this around Yuri; this wasn't his problem in the slightest, even if he was one of the few people in the region that she could consider a friend.

"Have you eaten, yet?" she asked, hoping he might sit with her a while. At least with him she had company...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:37 pm
As Dove went into silence, so did Yuri. Although if he really minded listening to her issues, he would have walked away by now. But when she asked if he had eaten, he tilted his gaze towards her slightly.

"Yeah." However, he could sense why she had asked the question. "But I can stick around. I don't really feel like going out into that mess yet."

He then paused as an idea struck him. "Hey, I might know something you'll like." Yuri then flagged down a waitress. "Would you mind bringing one of those hot chocolates? Thanks."

The woman then hurried off.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:41 pm
As the waitress hurried off, Dove turned to Yuri, her head tilting just a bit. Of all the people she could have met that first day in Kodo, she was glad it had been him; he might have been a bit odd, but at least he seemed to care a little, even if that was just his overall personality. He did kind of dress like a knight...

She offered a weak smile, settling more comfortably into her chair next to him. "Thanks, Yuri."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff