PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:38 pm
People make theories.
Talk gets around.
THISSSSS

It's not likely but eh...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:33 pm
Interesting~~

My main concern is Sylveon.
My boyfriend's speculation is that it's a new type.
Especially considering the "theme" being genetics.
He was going on about it being a "light" type kind of like the dudes in the video.
We had a pretty intense conversation about it.

Anyway,
I think that Sylveon might be either a Steel or Flying type if it isn't a new type. That said, the design would be a bit lacklustre for a steel type IMHO. I think it would be light if it isn't sound.
Frankly I'm really excited for a new type if it's a Sound type. The Light type is nice but I feel like it's a bit too much of a stereotypical RPG counter to the Dark type.

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:46 am
I'm all for new types. What was so great about GSC is how much stuff they added. Two new types, a ton of new Pokemon, twice the content of the previous game--just a ton of stuff. Then we never got ANY new types.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of dark type. It seems to only really exist to be compatible with psychic and ghost, but I guess that's alright. I'm not sure how good sound or light would be and I think light would confuse me with electric (like ground and rock), but we'll see. I did find it strange that Loudred was normal, though. This new Eeveelution doesn't look like it fits into any pre-existing types, either.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:19 pm
I still say it totally looks normal. It's about time they added a new type, though!  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:15 pm
Meta_Fish
I'm all for new types. What was so great about GSC is how much stuff they added. Two new types, a ton of new Pokemon, twice the content of the previous game--just a ton of stuff. Then we never got ANY new types.

That said, I'm not a huge fan of dark type. It seems to only really exist to be compatible with psychic and ghost, but I guess that's alright. I'm not sure how good sound or light would be and I think light would confuse me with electric (like ground and rock), but we'll see. I did find it strange that Loudred was normal, though. This new Eeveelution doesn't look like it fits into any pre-existing types, either.

What got me was sound type. I feel like they should have made a "Cosmic" type before they ever considered anything like sound.
Sound is universal in every Pokemon, some just rely on it more than others.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:21 pm
Deathgod of Legend
Meta_Fish

What got me was sound type. I feel like they should have made a "Cosmic" type before they ever considered anything like sound.

Is there any proof that they actually considered Sound or is this just a rumor? I agree with you, it would be kind of weird. Cosmic seems like it'd be weird, too, though. Like, from space? Isn't Clefairy the only Pokemon from space?  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

DeathlyGreed

King Cat

12,725 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:24 pm
Jaycorn
Deathgod of Legend
Meta_Fish

Is there any proof that they actually considered Sound or is this just a rumor? I agree with you, it would be kind of weird. Cosmic seems like it'd be weird, too, though. Like, from space? Isn't Clefairy the only Pokemon from space?

Clefairy, Clefable, Deoxys, Elygem, (Elygem's whatever), Arceus? Etc, Etc.
I'm sure there are more but I'm not an expert on EVERY Pokemon. So I couldn't tell you which are related to space or not.
As far as we know, everything about new types are just rumors, right?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:06 pm
The problem with light being a counter to dark, is that dark type isn't really about darkness. In Japan, it's "evil" type, meant to represent dirty fighting (sucker punch, night slash, biting, etc.). That's why fighting is super effective against it, it represents clean, honest fighting, which in a kid's game, shows that virtue is better than deception.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:08 pm
Wow, that's really insightful.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:56 pm
You're being too literal with it. Evil is regarded as darkness, so they could still totally do it. That's WHY the "evil" type is called "dark" in America. The "light" type would probably be "good" pokemon instead of literal photons, although they could have those moves, too.

That's also sort of why its weaknesses make sense, too. Fighting types can counter dirty fighting with skill, as you've said, but it wouldn't make sense for bugs unless you considered that bugs don't really sleep (so darkness really doesn't affect them).

If anything, I want them to make grass types less shitty and dragon types more shitty. Dragon types are bullshit.  

Waynebrizzle

Puu-chan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:13 pm
I've heard about this theory a few weeks ago, and my opinion for it hasn't changed during that time. While I think it'd be cool for new types to get introduced, I don't think it's going to happen. The last time new types were added was with Gold and Silver. They were added to better balance the game since the Psychic type was overpowered. So unless Game Freak just wants to expand further, there's really no need to add new types. The light type makes some sense, but what would it be weak to Dark or would Dark be weak to it (or would they both be weak to each other)? How would it fit in with the other types? Sound seems really pointless to me since a lot of sound-based moves already exist and are Normal type moves, which makes sense because any living thing can create sounds. I don't even know how sound would fare against other types.

@dragn99: I knew the Dark type was the Evil type in Japan, but I didn't know about the dirty fighting part. Thanks for sharing that. c:  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:40 pm
Waynebrizzle
You're being too literal with it. Evil is regarded as darkness, so they could still totally do it. That's WHY the "evil" type is called "dark" in America. The "light" type would probably be "good" pokemon instead of literal photons, although they could have those moves, too.

That's also sort of why its weaknesses make sense, too. Fighting types can counter dirty fighting with skill, as you've said, but it wouldn't make sense for bugs unless you considered that bugs don't really sleep (so darkness really doesn't affect them).

If anything, I want them to make grass types less shitty and dragon types more shitty. Dragon types are bullshit.
in the first couple games though there were few dragon types to begin with, it started with diamond and pearl they began to run amok wreckin the system.  

Xilo The Odd

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:44 pm
Waynebrizzle
Fighting types can counter dirty fighting with skill, as you've said, but it wouldn't make sense for bugs unless you considered that bugs don't really sleep (so darkness really doesn't affect them).

I assumed dark type isn`t effective against bug type because you can`t sneak up on a bug.

They see everything.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:20 pm
dragn99
Waynebrizzle
Fighting types can counter dirty fighting with skill, as you've said, but it wouldn't make sense for bugs unless you considered that bugs don't really sleep (so darkness really doesn't affect them).

I assumed dark type isn`t effective against bug type because you can`t sneak up on a bug.

They see everything.

It's probable that Dark is weak against Bug for both of those reasons.  

Puu-chan

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:20 pm
I'd assume it's because bugs are already evil.  
Social Room

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff