Uncommon DS games that you've enjoyed Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:22 pm
I'm curious on what DS (or 3DS) games that others have stumbled upon and enjoyed but no one really doesn't know about or didn't have much to any advertisement and decided to pick up on a whim and ended up being simple amazing...

I have to say that one of my favourite DS games is My World My Way, reading the back of the box doesn't really tell you what you're in for, it makes it seem like a cliche story of a Princess not getting her way and everything is handed to her... I wouldn't take the story very seriously, but it's hilarious to read and see how the Princess acts as you play her along the way... It wasn't something I expected to get out of the game and is a pretty good RPG... It has huge girly parts, but I think that adds more in the story of why you're playing the Princess (also how she acts) and how ridiculous her goal is than to make a game that's for girls only...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:42 pm
Well, it's not unusual so much as niche, but Etrian Odyssey! Which I adore. xD  

DarkMoonSlayer

Feral Fatcat

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:03 pm
DarkMoonSlayer

I can agree with that... I personally know only two others that have played/current play it...

I've seen some people in the gaming fourms mention it though, which is good ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:16 pm
Another game would be Lux-Pain, either no one has heard of it or they look a review up at it says its a bad game and decided its not worth it... Possibly one of my favourite games to play, it's a bit difficult to figure out what you need to do but once you figure it out it goes a nice pace and if you can forgive minor spelling errors (my copy only have 'and' spelled incorrectly a few times) its a really good game...

A lot of people won't play it because review say its riddle with spelling errors and I've only found one... I like how the game play it different from other games I've played as well, you actually need to use the stylus- its not an options that you can if you like... Another thing is that people don't like that it has one save file or in some cases a time limit for certain missions...  

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

TheOnlyAdventChild
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:12 pm
The World Ends with you is pretty good, You might've heard of it. It's definitely a must play for ds owners  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:20 pm
TheOnlyAdventChild

I do own it, but I don't consider it uncommon, mainly because its one of the RPGs that I hear about often (at least among my group...) but thanks for the recommendation... I haven't gotten too far in it, I'm not sure why... Probably due to time and trying to get my college work done before I play games ^^;;;

Any reason why I should bump it up my my to finish list..?  

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

TheOnlyAdventChild
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:30 pm
Lil_Kaios
TheOnlyAdventChild

I do own it, but I don't consider it uncommon, mainly because its one of the RPGs that I hear about often (at least among my group...) but thanks for the recommendation... I haven't gotten too far in it, I'm not sure why... Probably due to time and trying to get my college work done before I play games ^^;;;

replay ability is high and the story is surprisingly good hopefully you're friends didn't talk about it so much that they ruined it for you haha  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:43 pm
TheOnlyAdventChild

They've mainly said its good but difficult, I don't believe any of them have finished it a second time...  

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

Program_Virus
Captain

Devoted Conventioneer

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:46 pm
I feel that Feel the magic XX/XY was a great unrated game.
Same with Wairo ware Touch  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:16 pm
Lil_Kaios
TheOnlyAdventChild

I have happily put in close to a thousand hours, I show no sign of ever stopping. It is a glorious game that you can always keep coming back to for just a bit more to do.  

FrankenStein422

Dapper Genius

Kite Triblade

Distinct Reveler

7,275 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:15 am
I would have to say Megaman ZX Advent. Such a well made platformer the levels are for the most part exceptionaly made and the soundtrack is pretty damn awesome as well. The only gripe I have with it is the dificulty curve between the two dificulty modes modes

The majority of the bosses are too easy to beat on one mode yet on the other mode barely any damage can be dealt before you are killed  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:45 pm
Program_Virus

I haven't seen Feel the magic XX/XY anywhere or heard of it until now... What's it about..? I've seen Wario ware Touch, the only information on it was what was on the back of the box... No one knew much about it...

Kite Triblade

I haven't seen this one either... It sounds good, despite the two difficulty modes...  

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

Program_Virus
Captain

Devoted Conventioneer

9,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:55 pm
Lil_Kaios
Program_Virus

I haven't seen Feel the magic XX/XY anywhere or heard of it until now... What's it about..? I've seen Wario ware Touch, the only information on it was what was on the back of the box... No one knew much about it...

It was pretty much a starting game.
this Trailer pretty much sums it up

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:59 pm
Well..Harvest Moon could count..Right?
And Rune Factory?
I haven't played Harvest Moon in a long time ;-;
I guess this old Inuyasha game I played could count as well...It was pretty good 3nodding  

Samantha_Suicidee
Vice Captain

Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Lil_Kaios

Supportive Healer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:08 pm
Program_Virus

xD