Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Just need to vent for a few... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:44 pm
*Beginning of venting. Thank you for your patience with me.*

Today was one of the worst days I've survived in a very, very long time.
Felt like I tried to drown myself while showering first thing this morning - tipped my head back at JUST the wrong angle when rinsing my hair, and the water went straight up my nose! Of course, this is pretty much the ONLY time the water pressure has been decent in months, so I got a lot of water up there. Coughed out water for about 15 minutes afterwards.
Recovered from that, got dressed, and left home early to stop at the store on the way to work, got my stuff, and was going to be early to work!!!
Then I had a flat tire on the freeway. The front passenger tire had blown, and was actually smoking!
Trying to jack up the car, I discovered that the lower portion of the vehicle is PLASTIC, when a piece of it bigger than a quarter broke off & flew at my leg.
While trying to simultaneously stand on my head (to figure out where the jack really should be) and NOT kneel in the dirt/oil/muck at the side of the road, so as not to ruin my dress slacks, I heard a voice offering help. Looking around, there was no one in sight. I figured I was probably delusional due to the frustration and cold (it was only about 18 at the time), and went back to standing on my head...then I heard the voice again.
An AWESOME man, with an Australian accent, helped me out - He wound up having to pry the blown up tire off with a pry bar (bending the pry bar!), since it had melded itself to the car. He put the spare on, and the jack, blown tire, and other implements back into the trunk, and then left - BLESS HIM for the help!!!!!
Of course, my spare is the donut type, so instead of the 75mph speed limit, I couldn't do over 45, so had to use the frontage road.
Instead of being early, or on time, I was 20 minutes late!
That's when the day got interesting. I actually got virtually nothing accomplished, since every time I started something, I was interrupted.
All... Day... Long...
Among other things: One of the gals I work with actually told me that she'd heard I am homeless as of this past weekend (BIG shock to me!). No clue who she heard that one from.
I told her I'd had a flat on the way in, but was not homeless, then I asked her to please let me know if I ever have an affair at work, because I at least want to know who with, and whether or not I'm having fun.
When the work day finally ended, I puttered home at 45 on the frontage roads, and am going to have to go buy 2 new tires tonight, which is going to be interesting, since I don't get paid till Friday.
This is the second time I've had to use the donut spare, which is supposed to have a lifespan of approximately 40 miles or so, and have probably put over 60 miles on it now...2 trips from work to home (about 30 miles or so each) in the past 12 months. Probably will need a new spare soon.

So glad to be home safe and not too crazy! Er...not too much crazier, anyway rofl

*End of venting. Thank you for allowing me to blow off steam.*  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:20 pm
*Venting, Part II.*

Well, went to 4 tire stores, and a WalMart...no tires today. crying
The tire stores all close at 7pm (except the one that closes at 6), and arrived at the first one at 7:07.
Didn't realize they roll up the sidewalks here at 7, so went to each of the others, hoping for luck.
The closest WalMart doesn't sell tires, even though you can smell them when you walk in. Apparently bicycle tires and car tires smell the same!

Ah, well, there's always tomorrrow night - EARLY.

*End of Part II" wink  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:28 pm
*big big hugs* You survived, and that counts for something. Still, that's a LOT to have to put up with! I'm sorry your day was so bad. I hope tomorrow is much better to you.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:40 pm
entervixen
*big big hugs* You survived, and that counts for something. Still, that's a LOT to have to put up with! I'm sorry your day was so bad. I hope tomorrow is much better to you.
emotion_hug Thank you. At least I can look back at it in the future and laugh about it. I do believe I'm going to go to bed...Don't need to tempt fate any more today!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:25 pm
*Venting, Part 3*

Today, I actually finished one thing, and got less than half done on one of the other things I should have gotten done from yesterday!

Tomorrow I hope to finish everything from yesterday...then I can work on Today's stuff... rofl

*End of Venting, Part 3*  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:44 am
Oh wow that was rough, well done for getting through it! I hope things are looking up for you now and good luck with the tires 3nodding  

Wynter Sparrow

Melodious Conversationalist

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:20 pm
YAY!!!! Got 2 tires for my car!!!!
Like I told the guy at the tire shop, I won't know how to drive any more, since I've been running on a rubberband and a prayer for so long!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:13 pm
Emm-Kaye
YAY!!!! Got 2 tires for my car!!!!
Like I told the guy at the tire shop, I won't know how to drive any more, since I've been running on a rubberband and a prayer for so long!

Yay for tires!  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:42 am
Wow...decent tires makes a big difference.
The car no longer shudders when getting up to freeway speeds, and it handles beautifully!
I knew months ago that my tires were getting thin, and needed replacing, but never realized just how much it affected the performance. Them wearing out was so slow that the gradual changes were hardly noticed.
I'd started going to work a different way about 7 months ago, which is about 10-15 minutes faster, and I honestly thought the car shuddered because the road was rougher. With the new tires, the road feels nice and smooth!
Live and learn, I guess!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:13 pm
Your new tires sound much safer!  

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

Emm-Kaye
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:20 am
entervixen
Your new tires sound much safer!
They are. Whew. That's a real worry off my mind.
I'd seen that the driver's side one was getting very, very thin, so thought that would be the one to go, not the passenger side one.
When they say 'steel belted' tires, they really mean very, very thin steel thread-like wires, woven into a 'belt' - it's pretty bad when you not only SEE them, but they POKE you because they have broken!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:56 pm
Sigh...
Today the car wouldn't start. Apparently I now need a new battery.
Can't win for losing this month.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:48 pm
Emm-Kaye
Sigh...
Today the car wouldn't start. Apparently I now need a new battery.
Can't win for losing this month.

Some months are like that. I hope you don't need anything else.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:09 pm
Bought a new battery (got really lucky & took the old one in with us to verify size/type, so didn't have to pay the $10 core charge, OR worry about safe disposal!!!!), new terminal clamps, and some motor oil (just to be safe)... installation tomorrow.
Keeping fingers crossed that solves the problem!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Entervixen

Dedicated Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:29 pm
Emm-Kaye
Bought a new battery (got really lucky & took the old one in with us to verify size/type, so didn't have to pay the $10 core charge, OR worry about safe disposal!!!!), new terminal clamps, and some motor oil (just to be safe)... installation tomorrow.
Keeping fingers crossed that solves the problem!

Fingers and toes are crossed! Good luck!  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff