Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Happy Chinese Valentine's Day! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~ HKC Guardian Angel ~
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 5:30 am
Today (23 Feb 05) is the 15th day of the First month in the chinese new year... and so this is our Chinese Valentine's Day! Sweet day everyone whee  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:27 am
~ HKC Guardian Angel ~
Today (23 Feb 05) is the 15th day of the First month in the chinese new year... and so this is our Chinese Valentine's Day! Sweet day everyone whee

Woah, thank-god my gf didn't realize it was either. Do you know if this is just a HK-thing?

I can't afford to forget anything... sweatdrop gonk  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

~ HKC Guardian Angel ~
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:31 am
tamcharles
~ HKC Guardian Angel ~

Woah, thank-god my gf didn't realize it was either. Do you know if this is just a HK-thing?

No, this is NOT just a HK thing. It is a part of our Chinese tradition and it is one of the Chinese festival wink

So don't forget to get her some sweet gifts lol... hope it isnt too late there sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:48 am
~ HKC Guardian Angel ~
tamcharles
~ HKC Guardian Angel ~

No, this is NOT just a HK thing. It is a part of our Chinese tradition and it is one of the Chinese festival wink

So don't forget to get her some sweet gifts lol... hope it isnt too late there sweatdrop

Hmm... interesting.... I don't think we have our Chinese Valentine's Day during this time of the year in Taiwan. January 15th (lunar calendar) is a festival day but I think we are supposed to eat those sweet chewy rice ball dessert (YUM) and hang lantern somewhere in the house. xd

Chinese Valentine's Day in Taiwan is on July 7th (lunar calendar as well). *hint hint honey* heart heart heart  

bubbleangela

Profitable Businesswoman

6,100 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Wall Street 200

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:53 am
~ HKC Guardian Angel ~

Well... uhh... weird thing is that wiim invited her to this guild too. And she's here now. *nervous face* razz

bubbleangela
Hmm... interesting.... I don't think we have our Chinese Valentine's Day during this time of the year in Taiwan. January 15th (lunar calendar) is a festival day but I think we are supposed to eat those sweet chewy rice ball dessert (YUM) and hang lantern somewhere in the house. xd

Chinese Valentine's Day in Taiwan is on July 7th (lunar calendar as well). *hint hint honey* heart heart heart

*even more nervous face* biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:56 pm
hum, I didn't know about this day either... I thought it was July 7 (in the lunar calendar)...

July 7: I thought was the day because it has that story of the couple who only got to meet once a year on that day only... eek  

melonsoda

~ HKC Guardian Angel ~
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:18 pm
melonsoda
hum, I didn't know about this day either... I thought it was July 7 (in the lunar calendar)...

July 7: I thought was the day because it has that story of the couple who only got to meet once a year on that day only... eek

Both Jan 15 and July 7 in lunar calendars are Chinese Valentine's Days 3nodding if you want the story behind i can tell you wink  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:21 pm
~ HKC Guardian Angel ~
melonsoda

Both Jan 15 and July 7 in lunar calendars are Chinese Valentine's Days 3nodding if you want the story behind i can tell you wink

There's stories?

*brings marshmellows, starts a fire and sits down*

Please by all means, tell us... or me. razz  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

~ HKC Guardian Angel ~
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:24 pm
tamcharles
~ HKC Guardian Angel ~
melonsoda

There's stories?

*brings marshmellows, starts a fire and sits down*

Please by all means, tell us... or me. razz

lol okokies... right now i'll go to have lunch first (gosh im just back from exams again im so hungry! xp ) i'll start telling the story when im back wink  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:32 am
True, 15th jan and 7th july in lunar are Valentine days for chinese people...
hmph....too bad i'm still single now,..if not,...sure go celebrate with my GF. :p
Do have some places here in Malaysia we havin a mandarin orange throwing celebration...so those who got it...better be glad :p  

kenzshinji

melonsoda

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:16 am
kenzshinji
hmph....too bad i'm still single now,..if not,...sure go celebrate with my GF. :p
Do have some places here in Malaysia we havin a mandarin orange throwing celebration...so those who got it...better be glad :p

sigh, i totally understand about the 'still single' part... but i guess it takes time to find the right one ^_^;;;

anyhoo, what's with the mandarin orange throwing celebration? what's that??? biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 10:20 am
melonsoda
kenzshinji

sigh, i totally understand about the 'still single' part... but i guess it takes time to find the right one ^_^;;;

anyhoo, what's with the mandarin orange throwing celebration? what's that??? biggrin

What's this now? We've got orange throwing? I've heard about huckin' tomatos in Italy and generally rotten fruit at mediocre performers everywhere else but this... it kinda zings ya right in the eye doesn't it? razz xd  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Ruxender

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:58 pm
tamcharles
melonsoda
kenzshinji

What's this now? We've got orange throwing? I've heard about huckin' tomatos in Italy and generally rotten fruit at mediocre performers everywhere else but this... it kinda zings ya right in the eye doesn't it? razz xd

i see from TV Italy throw tomatos.its a very crazy party!but fun. 3nodding
in malaysia throwing mandarin orange same concept with people throwing some coin in the pool or lake to make wish.
simple say its another way to make your wish come true. whee  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 6:32 pm
melonsoda
kenzshinji

Erm....not really throwing orange at people,...but is like pour the mandarin oranges to river or some other place la...then wait for the people to find it then that called "fate of love"....  

kenzshinji

melonsoda

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 9:14 am
wow, i didn't know about the oranges... frankly, i rather eat it heh heh wink

but initially, i thought you meant throwing the mandarin oranges at people, kinda like a good fight eek  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff