Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply General RP
Maladroit Love [Taken] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imaginary Imbecile

Hygienic Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:27 pm
User Image
Yellow orbs scanned the forrest around Nazihm, taking in the serene abode before him with keen eyes that refused to miss a single detail.He searched long and hard from his perch high on the branch of a smooth bark tree for a fleck of yellow pelt rushing through the underbrush, scenting for the strong unmistakable musk that met his own in similar par.With a silent sigh, the male untensed his coiled muscles and slipped from his stand to the forest floor, landing gracefully on his feet.He had been watching from that spot for a few hours, now he simply had to move, otherwise his muscles might just freeze, leaving him there like a statue.Perhaps there was a village nearby, or maybe a town if he was lucky, that he could find food and lodgings in.After all, evening was passing fast and the male would rather not have to deal with the creatures who might inhabit the forest at night.With slow, elegant movements the jaguar made his way through the thick underbrush, ocassionally giving tenative sniffs here and there to make sure he wasn't trespassing on any clan's claim.

OOC: I know it's short, but I'll get into longer posts.I'm just very awkward at starting roleplays. o3o

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:51 pm
User Image
The golden yellow eyes almost pierced the shadow that covered them. The wolf was not hunting, nor did he have any reason to be hiding, he simply liked the seclusion. It was one of those nights, the kind of night where he would relax and listen to the sounds of the fall of evening. Chirping crickets, flutter of birds overhead, and the quiet tapping of a nearby squirrel. He smiled, Yes, he thought, It is one of those nights. he closed his eyes, letting the sounds of the world around him drown out whatever worries he previously had. As he slowly lay back, about daze off as his mind normally did when he wasn't doing anything, he heard a noise, a very faint, different noise. "Hm?" he said, it was more of a soft grunt, from him having to pull his body back up from mid-motion. He reached for his dagger, because as peaceful as this forest was, there were occasionally travelling ruffians that like to cause trouble. "Anyone there?" he asked, voice calm but body tense, ready for whatever may come next.

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200

Imaginary Imbecile

Hygienic Gekko

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:03 pm
User Image
Nazihm nearly jumped out of his skin at the sudden sound of a voice, his hand immediately flying to the hilt of his sword mounted across his lower back.The jaguar cautiously sniffed the air, scenting out another male, though this one wasn't the feline scent he'd become accustomed to smelling.It was an arid smell that reminded him of a dog he once encountered, though the one from back then had been a female and had the sweetest of scents, almost like lavender mixed with vanilla.Slowly, Nazihm made his way towards the voice, stopping to gaze at the male before him and decide whether he was a friend or foe.Upon noticing that the other seemed just as weary as he was, the cat removed his hand from the hilt of his blade and let it fall to his side in a non threatening manner,"I am just passing through.I mean no harm here."His voice was calm and low, almost ringing with a gentle accent that Nazihm himself had never really noticed nor paid any attention to.As he calmly looked the wolf in the eyes, a thought hit the male.Perhaps this wolf was a local in these lands and could direct the jaguar in the right direction, or at least let him know if there were any of his kind in this forest."Do you know of any jaguars in these lands?I'm in search of others like me," he spoke in his colorful tone, his voice still just above a whisper as his ears twitched towards the other, the beads hanging from each rattling lightly.

Halcyonic Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:42 pm
User Image
The wolf stopped, and he relaxed and sheathed the dagger, sighing in relief. This feline seemed more battle-ready than he was. The feline himself made the wolf curious. He didn't act hostile, and he certainly didn't look hostile. He took a moment to examine the feline. He seemed strong, and agile, though he expected such from felines, he always found it amazing how capable they were at leaping through trees and brush. "Sorry for startling you..." he said, trying to mask his curiosity, "I was resting here. Almost didn't hear you." he said, with a hint of a smile, "Not very often do I meet someone who can avoid my notice."

He thought about the Jaguar's question, and he thought aloud, "Jaguar... Hm..." he flicked his ears and suddenly looked up, "Actually, a group passed through a couple days ago, didn't get to talk to them much... They were in a hurry." he pointed towards the north-west, "That way, it's a tedious path, I only travel it once in a while." he looked up, "It's probably a bit late to travel now, though." he noted, before looking at Nazihm, "I'm Halcyon, by the way."

Imaginary Imbecile

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200

Imaginary Imbecile

Hygienic Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:26 pm
User Image
As the other pointed off towards the north-west, Nazihm cocked his head in the same direction, his ears perked as if straining to listen for them at such a far distance.So, he had missed them by a couple of days then.He had been so damn close, if only he knew these lands better.Perhaps then he would be able to catch up with them instead of repeatedly becoming lost.The jaguar's ear twitched as the other gave his name, though the cat's eyes were focused longingly on the path traveled by his kind as he spoke softly,"Nazihm.Could you take me through those lands?I must find them."Slowly, Nazihm tore his eyes from the long deserted path and looked at the wolf once more, his tail curling around to his side."Please, I would be most greatful if you would help me find them.I will pay you as well," he said, knowing that most creatures only gave such services at a price.Though Nazihm hoped his price wasn't too high, seeing as he really only had money for food and rent if he were going to stay at an inn.

Halcyonic Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:05 pm
User Image

Halcyon watched Nazihm's expression as he gazed toward the abandoned path, he felt a bit sad for the feline. He must really want to be with his people... he thought, looking down, and he didn't blame him. Being on one's lonesome was hard on the heart and mind of one's self. When Nazihm asked him to be a guide, Halcyon looked up at him and smiled, "Of course I can, of course I'm nowhere near as fast as a Jaguar." he told him, and when he heard of pay, Halcyon dismissed it, "Keep your money, I make my living on hunting." he said, and his smile grew, "When do you want to depart, Nazihm?" he asked. His tail swayed eagerly, he was very curious to know more of this feline. He reached down and picked up the bow and quiver he used to hunt, and shouldered them, "I'm ready when you are." he said, giving him a friendly smile.

Imaginary Imbecile

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200

Imaginary Imbecile

Hygienic Gekko

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:14 am
User Image
The cat gave a small hint of a smile at the other's kind words and looked back towards the north-west in thought.He eagerly wished to depart tonight, but...,"Though I am eager to see my kin, I think it best that we wait until morning.It will be safer then and we will be well rested."Nazihm forced himself to tear away from the road once more as he gave a smile at Halcyon.It killed him to put rest before the finding of other jaguars, but while he knew that he would be alright loosing sleep, Nazihm wasn't all too sure how wolves were when missing a night of rest.The jaguar knew it was for the best that they wait until morning."Do you know of anywhere that will put us up for the night?I've yet to come across any town or village while traveling through these lands," he said as he flicked his tail around to his other side, not once letting it touch the dirt and foliage covered ground.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:27 am
User Image

Halcyon nodded, "Alright, we'll wait till dawn." he said, noticing that the jaguar seemed to regret the decision. Motioned with his hand to follow, "Come, I'll take us to a local village. They're a welcoming village, as long as you don't cause trouble. We can stay at the inn." he started to walk towards the village, towards the north. His tail swayed as he walked, and he seemed alert, yet at ease. He turned to Nazihm, "Mind telling me about yourself? I'm curious." he said, finally letting his curiosity win. He adjusted the quiver, so it wasn't swinging around on his back.

Imaginary Imbecile

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200

Imaginary Imbecile

Hygienic Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:26 am
User Image
Nazihm followed his lupine companion as he began to head off towards a mentioned village nearby.While the other spoke, the cat felt sudden exhaustion hit him and thanked whatever god was watching over him that he'd been found by the wolf.It had been three whole days since Nazihm had last taken a good rest, the cat having been going on brief naps and pure will power.Upon the question about himself, Nazihm grew a bit solemn, looking down at the ground as he tried to think out how he would word himself."I am the last Jaguar of my tribe.Since the masacre of my tribe I've yet to meet another of my kin, so I am searching for them in hopes that I maybe accepted into their tribe and live like a true jaguar," he accented softly, staring off a bit as he remembered the horrible things a child of his age shouldn't have witnessed.He shook the thoughts away and looked at the other, trying to cover up the pain in his eyes with faux curiosity instead,"And you?What is your lifestory?"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:16 am
User Image

The wolf's ears flattened as he listened, and a sad expression crossed his face, "Oh god... I'm so sorry. I had no idea..." he trailed off into silence. He knew better than to question him about such a horrific thing. He felt terrible having brought it up. "Sorry..." he murmured once more. His ears perked back up after being asked about his life. Not very many people ask... he thought, looking up at Nazihm, "I suppose it all goes back to my parents. They were warriors, and I was expected to follow in their footsteps, so I was trained to be a warrior. Fierce, deadly." he sighed, "But I am not a warrior. Not at heart, anyway. I like peace, tranquility." He looked away, "They weren't too happy with me. The the pack leader, the alpha, he wasn't the kindest wolf. Nor was he merciful... I was banished, to say the least. So now I roam freely." Halcyon spread his arms, as if to take in the very essence of the forest around him, "Able to meditate and live peacefully, without ridicule from my former tribe-mates." he smiled again, "Perhaps it's for the best, Destiny has a strange way of making things work. Maybe I am not destined to live alone forever." he sighed again, this time happily.

Imaginary Imbecile

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200

Imaginary Imbecile

Hygienic Gekko

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:41 am
User Image
Nazihm gave an apologetic smile to the other as he heard the story of his banishment.It seemed that fate had been cruel to both of them and left both to their own devices.The cat then placed a gentle hand on the other's shoulder in a comforting manner,"I do not believe you nor I will be alone forever.Whatever god or deity watching over us had some plan in mind when writing our tragedies, so I believe we will soon find our happiness."Nazihm slowly removed his hand and gave a curious sniff to the air, catching a whiff of other creatures, food cooking, and even the smoke of fires.Hopefully this meant they were close, seeing as it was about time that Nazihm stopped and ate a good meal.At that thought, the jaguar's stomache growled loudly, showing how little he had eaten today."I suppose I should eat soon, otherwise my hunger might start to drive me," he joked quietly as he rubbed a paw over his white pelted belly.

Halcyonic Wolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:23 pm
User Image

Halcyon smiled at his optimistic words, "Let us hope so, my friend." he said, and he looked back down the road to see that they were only just beyond the village entrance, some villagers were still outside doing various chores, "I'll get you some food once we buy a room." he told Nazihm, as they entered and made their way to the inn, a few wary eyes turned to watch them. But they soon went back to their evening chores "It's a nice cozy place." Halcyon said, describing the Inn, "Warm beds and good food." he chuckled, and he waved his tail, starting to show his own weariness. It was a long day, and Halcyon knew they'd have quite a journey ahead of them starting tomorrow morning. He smiled, he couldn't wait.

Imaginary Imbecile

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200

Imaginary Imbecile

Hygienic Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:40 pm
User Image
Upon entering the village, Nazihm looked around in blatant curiosity, his round eyes taking in all they could.Halcyon was right about the place being nice and cozy, seeing as though they'd just walked in Nazihm could already feel his tense muscules relax.Different scents called out to him, the most prominent one being the various meats being roasted on cooking spits over little fires, while others varied between the sweet scent of females and aromatic oils being burned at a few of the windows the pair passed by."It has been a while since I last caught the scent of a female.It's quite relaxing," he spoke with a quiet chuckle before giving a long yawn."So where lies this inn, my friend?If we don't arrive soon I may fall asleep on my feet."

Halcyonic Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:06 pm
User Image

Halcyon smiled, "We have just arrived." he informed him, as he pushed open the door to a building larger than most they had seen, and inside were many different passerby from other villages and cities. Mostly travelling merchants and exotic traders, most were drinking, also. They were too busy laughing and talking to pay heed to the two newcomers who had just entered. Halcyon guided Nazihm to the innkeeper, where Halcyon paid for a room for two, and a meal for both of them. The inkeeper nodded and handed him a key and gave him directions to the room upstairs. The wolf walked with Nazihm to the room and said, "Rest up, I'll go get our food." before wandering back downstairs and waiting for the trays patiently.

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200

Imaginary Imbecile

Hygienic Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:35 am
User Image
Nazihm smiled as his kind friend left to retrieve their food and walked into their room.It was a bit small for a wolf and a jaguar, all the same, it was nice and homey to the cat.He then walked over to one of the beds and took a seat, pulling off his shoe-like wraps on his feet before moving on to unzip and remove his leather top.He then went on to tug off his armoured bottoms, revealing a pair of loose pants that hung lowly about the cat's waist.With his gear removed, Nazihm felt about twenty pounds lighter and sighed graciously as he massaged his shoulder with a tired paw.Nazihm then walked to the small bathroom and ran some water in the sink.He cupped his hands beneath it and splashed it over his face, trying to cool down as he awaited Halcyon's return.  
General RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff