Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:18 pm
After long hours of sitting in the waiting room of the hospital, Dove found herself gently lead outside with the explanation that visiting hours were over (Luke was in no condition for it anyway) and she needed to rest--which she did. However, even as she walked back to her loft, she found herself drawn elsewhere, the growlithe at her side a constant reminder that she and Luke hadn't been the only victims involved in the day's events, and while the idea of facing him now terrified her, more than enough of her conscience was driving her to see to it that he was at least alright--Yuri certainly hadn't walked out of the warehouse unscathed.

Sooner than she had expected-- or even wanted-- to arrive, she found herself outside of the police station where the psychologist had told her her friend would be kept for the time being. However, as a police officer addressed her inquiry, they were allowing no one to see the man, at least not at such a late hour, and with a mix of disappointment and relief, the girl left, finding it impossible to sleep that night.

--

The next morning, with little sleep and dark circles barely hidden under concealer, the young woman made her way back to the hospital, disappointed to find there had been no change in Luke's condition, nor any news on a possible match for a heart. Though they allowed to sit with him for a little while, she found little more to say to the boy's form other than a few pleas for his recovery and some unheard encouragement. Rising as the nurse quietly called her away, she looked him over once more, moving his bangs from his eyes, then left, her arms tucked around her torso as she walked to her next destination.

Again, she found herself at the police station, this time following an officer toward a walled in waiting room, cringing as the lock of the door ground into place behind her. Silently, she waited, her eyes on the floor.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:26 pm
A few moments later the door would open again, a man with dark black hair would enter. He looked worse for wear. His normal clothes were gone and replaced with some drab prison outfit. A bandage wrapped around his left arm, a bruise on his jaw... again, and a cut lip.

Despite it all, he hardly seemed fazed by his predicament, looking rather calm and unworried. Even as he was led in by an officer with his hands cuffed. He did blink when he saw Dove sitting there, and sat in the chair opposite to her when told to.

"You have 15 minutes," the officer told the both of them before leaving the room and locking it once more.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:33 pm
She lifted her head as Yuri was let in, immediately regretting her decision to do so. Tears pricked at her eyes again, the guilt nearly overwhelming; she had been the only one to escape physically unharmed, and even if he had done what she had witnessed, it had been in their defense... he didn't deserve all of this...though deep down, even his presence scared her, at least a little.

When he sat, she let her eyes fall away, grasping for words. When she spoke, even she was surprised to hear very little. "How...How are you feeling...?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:36 pm
When Dove looked at him, Yuri just looked back evenly. He quietly looked her over, noticing how distressed, timid, and tired she looked. He couldn't really blame her for the things she was obviously feeling.

"I'm fine. It's no big deal," he said in response to her question. Casually shrugging off the entire situation he'd found himself in.

He didn't ask how she was feeling cause well... it was pretty obvious.

"How's Luke?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:45 pm
She quietly took a breath, her head still low. "He's..."

He was what? Alive? There? Broken...Comatose... Dying...

"He's...hanging on," she decided, resolving to believe he was doing his best to survive. "He's... not conscious, and likely not going to be for a while....And they've moved him to first priority for a transplant...It...It doesn't look good, Yuri... "

She quieted, timidly playing with the tips of her braided hair and fighting the fear that pooled in her stomach.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:48 pm
Yuri lowered his eyes a bit at the news. He had a feeling that things wouldn't be looking good for Luke after that. Closing his eyes completely, the man swore under his breath. Despite all his efforts, the kid was still going to die wasn't he. He had told Luke that they would find a way. That he wouldn't die.

Opening his eyes again, the man stood, holding up his shackled hands and looking down at Dove with a grim look on his face.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:03 pm
When the man stood, she tensed, startled by the sudden movement. Her heart racing, she looked up to meet his eyes, unmoving as she tried to see through his expression. "They're doing everything they can, as we did..." the only thing they could do now was wait.

Tucking her bangs behind her ear, she added absently, "Repede is outside...He stayed with me last night..." Hopefully it would do at least a little to ease the man's mind.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:10 pm
Yuri stood there, listening, not saying anything for several moments. As if what she'd said had totally not registered. He just continued to look at her with an unreadable expression.

"Are you afraid of me?" he asked at last.

He could see it in her eyes, in her body language. But still he asked.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:22 pm
She stayed tense, her eyes not leaving his face, even as the guard outside the door narrowed his gaze and moved to come inside if needed. She forced her breathing to stay even, though her throat tightened. He was the first person she had met, her first friend in Kodo. To admit such fear hurt, though she couldn't deny it.

Weakly, she choked, "Can you blame me, Yuri...?"  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:27 pm
At that, Yuri lowered himself back into his seat. He had been expecting such an answer, and yet he almost seemed... disappointed.

"No, I can't really blame you," he replied, now staring distantly at a wall.

He had done what needed to be done, and Yuri had been prepared to face the consequences. Even if it meant rejection by those whom he had been trying to protect.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:12 pm
Her eyes fell shut at the disappointment in his voice, the emotional hurt intense. With another deep breath, she attempted to explain, her words slightly louder, though choppy.

"I just... the whole situation just..." She paused for another shaky breath. Her life wasn't supposed to be like this. She was supposed to be safe and happy and adored by her fans, not kidnapped and riddled with emotional wounds like this.

"What you did was terrifying, but they wanted your lives," she offered, her voice breaking, "You did what you had to to save us all, and, yes, I'm scared...but I...I trust you."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:18 pm
Yuri's eyes slid back over to Dove, his face still unreadable as he considered her words for a moment. However, before he replied, the door opened and the guard came in.

"Uh... you're free to go," he stammered slightly in disbelief.

Yuri blinked twice at this rather unexpected news, but stood as the guard came over then undid his handcuffs.

"Wow, really? Why?"

"Someone posted your bail," the guard replied, to whom Yuri gave an odd look. He knew that his bail was a rather substantial one and that not anyone could pay that. Clearly they had expected him to be locked away for a long time, if not for life.

"Who?" Yuri said back, just as a man with red hair walked into the room.

"I did. I owe you for saving my son's life. Or, at least, buying him some time."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:25 pm
Though she had opened her eyes to peek at Yuri's reaction through the barred tears along her lashes, her eyes widened in shock as the guard announced he was free to go.

How? His bail had to have been astronomical, considering....

She stared as the handcuffs fell away, then turned her attention to the door as a another face entered the room, one she had seen the day before.

Luke's father...

Standing as well, she bowed her head a little to him in respect as she wiped away the tears that escaped through her surprise.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:39 pm
"Uh... thanks old man," Yuri said, clearly surprised by this gesture. He hadn't met this guy before, but he was obviously Luke's dad. Looked a lot like him too.

Mr. Fabre's brow twitched slightly and Yuri's rude title, but graciously brushed it off. He cleared his throat, glancing at Dove, then back to Yuri.

"It's not without stipulations. I expect you to continue looking after my son, should he pull through."

The guard had left at some point, and now returned with a bag, containing Yuri's clothes, and his sword. Taking the items, Yuri looked in the bag and grimaced at the sight of his bloodied clothes. "Aw man," he groaned. It would take a lot of work to clean them up, but really they were probably ruined. He would have to call a favor from Flynn to get him some replacements. Great. He did not look forward to explaining himself to that guy.

Mr. Fabre lifted a brow at this. "I'll also be supporting you in your court case, but you'll need to be on your best behavior and clean yourself up."

Yuri laughed weakly, wondering if this guy was joking. He couldn't be serious right? ... And just what was he implying here?! Ugh, nobles.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:43 pm
Dove stayed quiet, listening to the exchange, her arms again wrapped around herself. She rubbed her arm awkwardly as she waited, doing her best to be polite as the men talked.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff