Reply Roleplay
[POST-RAID ORP] Pranksters in the Light Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:11 pm
((This ORP is a follow-up to the Raid mission, Tricksters in the Dark.. It is open to all Rockets on base.))

The mission had been a success! The team of six had departed at sun down, and returned three hours before sunrise. Not only had they met their return deadline with their 3-something-A.M. arrival, but they also carried with them a brand new Legendary for the collection as their prize. Even before the helicopter could land, word that the labs would soon have their hands on a living Mesprit was spreading among those awake on base.

As for those who had been on the mission, no sooner had they disembarked the aircraft was the whole group being herded straight to the infirmary. The ball holding the Mesprit was sent straight down to the labs for investigating.

Meanwhile, some other Rockets had decreed that a celebration was in order. One of the rec rooms was quickly commandeered downstairs for this exact purpose. Even if most of the base was asleep, anyone was invited to come down and await the Rockets of honor.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:05 pm
Aulus had spent the trip back in fidgety silence. It was just a legend, wasn't it? Emotions were all to do with... well basically chemicals and things in the brain mainly, right? Neurotransmitters. Could one light tap really just switch all that off? He wanted to shrug if off and claim the whole thing was patently ridiculous but ridiculous things happened with surprising frequency around here. Who could really say how far the powers of a true legendary stretched? Not him for starters.

This however was what they were going to try to find out down in the infirmary, at least once everyone's injuries were seen to. Tam and the elite were the worst off with Xander following them up but it didn't look like anyone was dying today, and hopefully recovery would be simple enough. Funny how you could get blasé about broken limbs and things.

Harder to do with the possibility of losing your feelings and it wasn't just him either, some of the others had been touched too. Before too long they might just be a bunch of walking drones, still very useful to TR no doubt.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:27 pm
One person who definitely was not fretting over emotions was a certain Elite being patched up behind heavy curtains. Harvard's stab wound fortunately hadn't been deep, considering the location. Farther down and further in, and it literally could've been a matter of the heart. As it was, she would only need stitches and to be careful with the left arm for a few weeks. She'd also need to take it easy for a time while her system balanced out from the loss of blood and general shock, as well as all the bruising. That was the news that had her silently fuming above all else. Injuries were a setback, something that Harvard took very seriously.

Doctor's orders or no, she'd already determined she'd be back at her desk one way or another the next day. They'd have to medically knock her out if they thought she wasn't going to at least complete her report on the mission before taking some sort of breather.

As if in answer to her thoughts, her Dex beeped as she was pulling on a black zip up hoodie with the familiar red "R" printed on the front. She was being called to report to the boss. A nurse helped her secure a sling for her left arm and she gathered her things. Her Dex beeped again with a new message as she was leaving the infirmary.

"Please inform the others that the lab has almost completed their tests, and that a lab technician will be here soon to give us their findings," she asked one of the Rockets in charge of treating their group. Assured that the message would be passed on, she left for the elevators.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:29 pm
Internal bruising, and regular, fortunately, seemed to have been the only result of being pelted with rocks when she was flung, however Tambrey's left leg had snapped below the knee, requiring adjustment and a cast.
She'd been a little dazed and very tired on the journey back; allowing Rory to carry her from the cave, with his shoulder like that, was not something she'd have let pass without argument if she hadn't wanted nothing more than to get away from the pain.

The infirmary was insisting on a full cast for a couple of days, and then it would change to a 'below the knee' cast for longer, and she didn't like the sound of the recovery time, but the medication given, especially as they treated her leg, had been very much appreciated. She'd had to be woken up for it, a little, and now an odd mix of medication, shock and fading adrenalin seemed to be keeping her awake and making her sleepy at the same time.
Or maybe it was her own mind keeping her awake now, she wasn't sure.
Rory had been hurt; she remembered that and remembered bits of being carried out of the cave, slightly dreamlike. As much as she was... irritated and worried in a part of her mind that wouldn't stop, there was something very good about the half-dreamed memory.
She was sat up, on a bed, leg elevated and prevented from moving for the moment with plenty to think about but a mind that didn't kind of wanted to be sluggish for a little while.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:59 pm
Rory tried to keep calm as the nurse restitched his shoulder; he had tried arguing that a bruised back and the reopened wound weren't that bad, that he was fine but the staff refused to listen to him. Instead, they had given him a low dose pain killer and set about to seal the gash in his shoulder again.

He drummed his fingers of both hands against his legs, getting another aggravated look from the staff before they finally finished and let him go. As soon as he was out of the chair, he headed straight for the members of the staff that he had seen go off with Tambrey as soon as they got on base.

The brief thought that he should probably let Shadow know he was alright crossed his mind but it didn't linger long. As soon as he had the information he wanted, he headed down towards the room. He ignored the member of the staff that tried to tell him to wait and went right on in.

Seeing her sitting up in the hospital bed, looking a little out of it, almost brought a small smile to his face. They'd met this way, in the infirmary after another raid.

"Hey."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:04 pm
Xander had ended up requiring stitches for his leg and head then was told he wouldn't be sleeping the rest of the night thanks to his concussion. He was currently reclining in one of the bed provided, a fully healed Conrad snuggled up to his left side keeping him company. The room still spun from time to time for him but he wasn't seeing double any more so he took the time to send Frost a quick message by way of 'dex to let him know he was back. Hopefully he wouldn't wake him if he had already turned in as Xander could not remember what Frost's schedule tonight was.  

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:52 pm
[Rec room]

Though not many people were up and about that hadn't gone on the mission (and the poor saps who had super early/late shifts), there was at least one lone Rocket wandering the halls early that morning - Inigo, who had woken due to more nightmares and didn't really feel like going back to bed, so he'd taken to meandering through the halls. His wanderings were short-lived as some random Rocket he didn't know saw him, grabbed him by the collar and dragged him down to the rec room to commandeer one for a party to celebrate the mission. While rather confused, Inigo readily complied and helped set out food and drink on various tables. While usually such parties held crackers, cookies and other snack foods, those planning the small celebration took into account the fact that the cafeteria was closed at such an early hour, and had gone out of their way to pilfer more filling foodstuffs, as well as soda and coffee.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:44 pm
[Infirmary]

A shorter than average, middle-aged man in a lab coat wandered in through the infirmary entrance. For a couple moments he bobbed down the shorter halls as though looking for someone. Finally, he was approached by one of the nurses and asked his business.

"Oh, yes! I'm looking for, uh..." He checked the clipboard he carried in both hands. "Elite... Agent... Harvard? I was sent up from the labs to report on that Pokemon her team brought in earlier." He twisted to look around, hoping for a glimpse of either the Elite or anyone who looked as though they had just returned from a mission. "Are any of them still around here?"

[Rec room]

Alba whistled long and low when he entered the room. The people setting up and milling around certainly hadn't let the time of night stop them! The grunt had heard a party was going to be happening, so out of curiosity he decided to stop by during a break.

He nodded with a smile in greeting to Inigo when he spotted his roommate. "Nice work!" he commented, walking over while scanning the room for any other familiar faces. "Way more than I would normally expect for something put on at almost 4am."  

Catzandbirdz

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:23 am
[Infirmary]

"I'm here," Aulus replied quickly, moving over towards the short man with a look of urgent intensity. "What are the results then? What've you found out? Some of the others are still around here somewhere, don't know where Harvard went." He really hoped this little nerd wasn't going to get stuffy and insist that the elite had to be told first.

--------

[Rec Room]

"Looks like a party." Leaning casually against the doorframe was a smirking man in a red trainee uniform. Yawning and stretching like a Persian he sauntered inside, scanning the food and drink offerings carefully. "I don't suppose there are any cocktails going?" he asked with a c**k of his head towards Inigo and Alba. "I could really use a screaming orgasm before bed."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:42 pm
[Rec room]

Tired though he was (and looked), Inigo perked up at the whistle and turned to see who it came from, and grinned at his roommate. "Gracias," he said with a tired chuckle, "but I just got pulled in to help set stuff up. Wasn't my idea," but nor would he have refused the request of help, even if it had been sudden and left him with no room to refuse. He shoved his hands in his pockets when a trainee walked up, and Inigo gave him a thoroughly confused look. Silence reigned for quite a few moments until he replied, "Nah, no alcohol at 4am, and, uh, I think you can take care of that yourself after the party, huh?" Save it until after, geez.

Clearly he hadn't heard the name of that cocktail before.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:22 pm
[Infirmary]

The mouse of a man blinked quickly at being started by the larger, much better muscled man. The clipboard in his hands raised a couple inches as though he wanted nothing more than to hide behind it. "I-I'm sorry, but I was told to wait and tell Miss Harvard directly..."

[Rec Room]

Alba had to think a moment before his tired mind caught onto the cocktail name. He hadn't bartended since before joining Team Rocket, and even back then he had always been thrown off by that one. He chuckled and shook his head, knowing Inigo hadn't understood.

"Sorry," he said to K.O. "You'd probably have to go to one of the cities to find a bar that makes that one." Maybe that would help clue his roommate in.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:35 pm
[Infirmary]

Tambrey blinked and turned her head as Rory entered. She smiled on reflex.
"Hey." She replied happily, sounding sleepy. There were a couple of moments before she remembered to frown at him, a little too tired from the night's events and the trauma of the injury to be seriously anything but a little bit grumpy looking for all of two seconds. Her eyes stayed with the softness that her smile had had.
"You, uh, carried me out; 's not good f'r that shoulder..." Admonishing tone was there, but barely, changing to just tired, but grateful, as she lost and smiled again anyway. "Thanks. 'S it okay?"

She looked beyond him, hearing the lab worker's announcement and Aulus' quick interception of him.
"Looks like news..." She commented.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

LexThetaSigma

8,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:53 pm
Infirmary

She was more coherent than he had been expecting; not that it was a bad thing. He couldn't keep the soft smile off of his face when she greeted him, then tried to frown.

"Well walking wasn't good for your leg so I win this time," Rory said as he took a seat, very slowly, on the edge of her bed. He couldn't help shaking his head at her question. "I should be asking you that," he nodded his head towards the cast.

He caught her looking past him and heard the poor lab worker's voice. A lump caught in his throat as he remembered the agent's burst of anger from inside the cave. Harvard had said they would find out if the legend was true as soon as the labs could when they returned. Was that the news?

In a way, Rory didn't want to know. But then if it was true, if he was going to lose everything he was feeling right now in three days, he wanted to know so he would be ready.

"I-I'll be right back," he mumbled, distractedly, as he stood up from the bed. "I'll be right back." He gave her a smile before coming up behind the terrified lab worker.

"Is it about the pokemon we brought back?" Rory asked, placing a hand on the worker's shoulder. "Because if it is, we deserve to know now. It may affect the agent here. You don't want to get in trouble with him, do you?" He said with a nod to Aulus.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:33 pm
[Infirmary]

The lab worker raised a brow at Rory's words. "Affect him?" He looked back to Aulus, clearly confused. "I don't see why. I mean, the stats are everything that one would expect. A little beat up and in need of healing, sure, but other than that, everything about it seems to be fine and healthy."  

Catzandbirdz

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:48 pm
[Infirmary]

That mission had gone a lot better then the one before it. A whooole lot better. Though a few of his team mates had gotten hurt, from what he heard they were going to be okay.
He was sure they were in the infirmary now, though he wasn't sure he really wanted to be going near that place again anytime soon... not after all the time and therapy he had spent there.

Bro didn't seem to want to give him an option though, and the gangster was pretty happy to have his ghostly forcing hand pushing him to go.
He wasn't excited about this place. But when he saw the familiar faces of his team mates he not fretting over the location.
"hey" He grunted, walking over.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces