Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:27 pm
EDIT::
I managed to get my server back up due to the update not agreeing with me sweatdrop
But, on another note.
I would not mind others joining me once I get this new server up and running.
Now, the rules for my server is just to be nice, respect what's already built and overall have fun.
Surely, when you first start you'll be on survival. You have the choice of staying on such or just changing to creative.
I tend to have a friend always join me, its kinda like a package deal. He follows me every time I get online/ get the server started so please, by all means be nice and get along, okay kiddies?

ALSO- before I Forget. if you have your own server, I do not mind joining that either >w< I love going into servers<3 its only fair we share in hosting, right?
Now, back to business.
If you want to join, you can either quote me on here so I know that you're willing to join at any time or just wait till I simply say my server is up and running for all to enter.

Needed info will go here but for now
NOPE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:22 am
As late as I am on this, having a little MC get together sometime in the future doesn't sound so bad.  

Recite

Mega Noob

J.C.B.

Rainbow Citizen

8,600 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:54 am
I'll consider joining.
I've just got my minecraft up and running again.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:08 am
Count me in. c:  

ucrayn

Egg

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:29 pm
If there is a Minecraft party, how would we all know the date? gonk  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:11 pm
Recite
Don't worry, I have an addiction to sending announcements SO
when I can actually get the thing working again (cause sadly my computer won't work with the update suddenly)
I'll prob send an announcement over it XD;
unless someone else would like to host such a thing instead? XD;  

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:23 am
Silent cannibal
Recite
when I can actually get the thing working again (cause sadly my computer won't work with the update suddenly)

I can actually host it on my computer. I took me so long to figure it out back then, but I can host either a Vanilla server or a Craftbukkit server. I dunno if Craftbukkit is caught up to 1.6 yet though. gonk So, it might have to be a Vanilla server without plug-ins and whatnot.

On my craftbukkit server, there was generally no lag, but I don't know if it'd be the same on a Vanilla server. If you'd like to test it out sometime, I can set it up and send you the IP.

Edit: The 1.6 update actually uses a new launcher. Have you been using that? O.o  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:52 am
Recite
Silent cannibal
Recite

I can actually host it on my computer. I took me so long to figure it out back then, but I can host either a Vanilla server or a Craftbukkit server. I dunno if Craftbukkit is caught up to 1.6 yet though. gonk So, it might have to be a Vanilla server without plug-ins and whatnot.

On my craftbukkit server, there was generally no lag, but I don't know if it'd be the same on a Vanilla server. If you'd like to test it out sometime, I can set it up and send you the IP.

Edit: The 1.6 update actually uses a new launcher. Have you been using that? O.o

I honestly never heard of those o A o
It does? @~@ no one told me that- my friend has the 1.6 update and said it didn't give her any problems since she uses the same thing as me when it comes to hosting servers for others to join...asfda.orz
what must i do to get it working  

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:03 pm
Silent cannibal
Recite
Silent cannibal
Recite

It does? @~@ no one told me that- my friend has the 1.6 update and said it didn't give her any problems since she uses the same thing as me when it comes to hosting servers for others to join...asfda.orz

I don't understand them completely, but there are differences between a Vanilla server and a Craftbukkit server. The only real difference I'm aware of is that you can use plug-ins in Craftbukkit, but you can't on Vanilla. The plug-ins make it a lot more fun, but both servers are ultimately the same; connect and play with friends.

Do you guys use Hamachi or something? surprised If that's the case, then I don't know if I can help there if there's any issues. I know little to nothing about Hamachi. gonk
For my own server, you don't need anything but the game itself and the IP in order to connect.

I went through the complicated process of learning how to configure my router for Minecraft, so that other people could connect to my server without really needing something like Hamachi. burning_eyes  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:17 pm
Recite
Silent cannibal
Recite
Silent cannibal
Recite

I don't understand them completely, but there are differences between a Vanilla server and a Craftbukkit server. The only real difference I'm aware of is that you can use plug-ins in Craftbukkit, but you can't on Vanilla. The plug-ins make it a lot more fun, but both servers are ultimately the same; connect and play with friends.

Do you guys use Hamachi or something? surprised If that's the case, then I don't know if I can help there if there's any issues. I know little to nothing about Hamachi. gonk
For my own server, you don't need anything but the game itself and the IP in order to connect.

I went through the complicated process of learning how to configure my router for Minecraft, so that other people could connect to my server without really needing something like Hamachi. burning_eyes

I just might switch over to those cause it seems so much easier then Hamachi ;l
which, is what I use and sometimes gives me problems overall when it comes to connecting to minecraft sweatdrop
welp- time to relearn how to get the server working emo

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:41 pm
Silent cannibal
Recite
Silent cannibal
Recite
Silent cannibal
Recite

which, is what I use and sometimes gives me problems overall when it comes to connecting to minecraft sweatdrop

In my opinion it is. Once you have everything set up and your friends have your IP, all you need to do is start up the server and you're good to go. The only hard part is configuring your router for the server. That part took me a little while to learn, but you can watch videos on how to do it. If you don't use a router, that may be an issue because I dunno if you can host a server without one.

I don't know if Hamachi uses your IP to host, but when you're hosting a Vanilla/Craftbukkit server, there's a danger to using your own IP. There's a chance someone can try to hack your computer through it. I don't know how easy or hard it is, and hardly know anything about that, but I just thought I'd let you know.

Sorry I type so much. gonk And sorry I'm so dense. Before I was offering to host the server without noticing you want to host it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:48 pm
Recite
Silent cannibal
Recite
Silent cannibal
Recite

In my opinion it is. Once you have everything set up and your friends have your IP, all you need to do is start up the server and you're good to go. The only hard part is configuring your router for the server. That part took me a little while to learn, but you can watch videos on how to do it. If you don't use a router, that may be an issue because I dunno if you can host a server without one.

I don't know if Hamachi uses your IP to host, but when you're hosting a Vanilla/Craftbukkit server, there's a danger to using your own IP. There's a chance someone can try to hack your computer through it. I don't know how easy or hard it is, and hardly know anything about that, but I just thought I'd let you know.

Sorry I type so much. gonk And sorry I'm so dense. Before I was offering to host the server without noticing you want to host it.

that's kinda what you need on Hamachi, so its like the same thing, except your IP is protected with a password so not everyone can easily get it unless you give them a password to connect to your IP so in a sense its kinda safe? XD;
i wasn't even aware that hacking was able to be done through IP oA o
then again, I'm really stupid with computers so..i don't know anything xD;

Nono, its okay :3 i don't mind this ; u; so its all good.
I wanted to host it but its been so problematic i kinda gave up emo if you want to host the server, I can just switch up my first post and so- or you would you prefer making your own posts in the forum over it?

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:06 pm
Silent cannibal
Recite
Silent cannibal
Recite
Silent cannibal
Recite

that's kinda what you need on Hamachi, so its like the same thing, except your IP is protected with a password so not everyone can easily get it unless you give them a password to connect to your IP so in a sense its kinda safe? XD;
i wasn't even aware that hacking was able to be done through IP oA o
then again, I'm really stupid with computers so..i don't know anything xD;

Nono, its okay :3 i don't mind this ; u; so its all good.
I wanted to host it but its been so problematic i kinda gave up emo if you want to host the server, I can just switch up my first post and so- or you would you prefer making your own posts in the forum over it?

I see. I guess Hamachi is safer. I dunno.

Yeah, it is possible to get hacked if someone has your IP. But I don't think it's very likely if you're not giving it to everyone you meet. Of course, if something like that happened, you can always get an IP change. And don't worry, I'm not very good with computers either. I only know bits and pieces of things.

Either of us can host really. When you're setting up your router for server hosting, you're only changing a few things. The reason it's so complicated the first time is because of not knowing what to change, and there's so many things you can change in your router. :XP: But like I said, you can watch videos on what to do.

Anyways, if you don't want to do that, I don't really mind hosting it. The only problem we might come across is lag. I've read that lag depends on your internet speed and how many people are on the server. For me, I've had up to 4-6 people on my server without lagging. But you never know for sure. The only issue I'd have is who my IP is given to. I don't want everyone to have it (don't wanna run the risk of being hacked, small chance or not), but I'm sure it'd be fine within the guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:24 pm
Recite

o A o yeah, it seems safer then the others.
Exactly, not like you're giving it to strangers, just a few selected people/friends who I think i could trust ;u;

I'd like to be a computer genius or w/e but half the stuff doesn't even make sense to me so I'm only able to figure out a bit of things XD if anything, i just get techy friends to help me out ;u;

Alright, I'm surely going to do that just so I can understand what's being done and what has to be done xD i don't wanna mess up my router sweatdrop

Ah, I don't generally have a lot of people in my own server so I rarely experience Lag unless I spam the eggs on creative and create a bunch of animals XD great way to lag myself and die LUL
Well, I'm sure the guild won't try to hack you or anything o A o I wouldn't do at all.

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

Recite

Mega Noob

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:44 pm
Silent cannibal
Recite

o A o yeah, it seems safer then the others.
Exactly, not like you're giving it to strangers, just a few selected people/friends who I think i could trust ;u;

I'd like to be a computer genius or w/e but half the stuff doesn't even make sense to me so I'm only able to figure out a bit of things XD if anything, i just get techy friends to help me out ;u;

Alright, I'm surely going to do that just so I can understand what's being done and what has to be done xD i don't wanna mess up my router sweatdrop

Ah, I don't generally have a lot of people in my own server so I rarely experience Lag unless I spam the eggs on creative and create a bunch of animals XD great way to lag myself and die LUL
Well, I'm sure the guild won't try to hack you or anything o A o I wouldn't do at all.

Great. Then it's a plan. How did you wanna set this shindig up?  
Dark legion keysmash (Computer)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff