Kaginorei

Distinct Businessman

4,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:44 pm
Dear Community,

Most probably not everyone here on Gaia knows the history of the YAOI franchise that has been born in Japan, Anime Nation. In the late 60-70 Yaoi was very popular in Japan, but then it died and successfully returned in the late 90's. Did anybody notice the fact that the Yoia franchise, along with the Fan-service has had some major difficulties in the last couple of months? For non-japanese, and non-japanese speakers, Yaoi has started a little break in Japan. Well, not literally, as there is and WILL BE always new Yaoi Anime', but let me come straight to the point:
Anyone, anybody, somebody, EVERYBODY, tell me, tell us, if there are some new Yaoi Shows ( I do not mean OVA's), that have been recently released?
Myself, I am having access to some paid&free Japanese Anime services, but- lately I have not detected any new activity in the Yaoi franchise. I am a huge SCI FI fan too, so I am happy to see new Sci FI Anime', but... since a few weeks I am also looking for a new Yaoi/Shonenai, and let me tell you- I have not found anything new- except the new 4laugh JUNJOU ROMANTICA OVA! heart heart - STOP! Hmm, watched it the same day it aired.
So, I have been looking since MONTHS, not weeks!!!! >.>

There was a show that was about to start in February, but... I really have no clue what's going on... the show disappeared. Unfortunately I do not remember its name and I cannot find it on the INTERNET. Hmm... Maybe the programmer of our earth erased all memory about that show, and only I have the Reading Steiner (refer to Steins: Gate for further info) ^^

Maybe you've heard about some new show?

Oopps: I used the incorrect forum. Should have put this topic in one of our subforums. Sorry!
Between, could somebody, having access to the guild editor, clean up topics, and put them somewhere where they belong?

One last thing: I do not really know, why the aquarium here on Gaia has that pointless tap option, but they do have a tap option. That is a fact! Therefore, let me tell you something: Tap, otherwise you're dead! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:15 am
Ahh, hmm, I don't know about any new shounen-ai/yaoi series coming out lately. At least anime. I'm sure there's still manga coming out. I usually just end up watching anime with a lot of boys in it or ones that are based off otome games.

What, they made a new Junjou Romantica OVA? What's it about?  

Bloodlust_Faerie
Vice Captain

Devoted Lover

5,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200

Kaginorei

Distinct Businessman

4,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:42 pm
Hi!
Well, it's new/half-new. The new Junjou Romantica OVA has been released, depending on you geolocation, in the END of 2012, the START of 2013.
It's about Hiroki and Nowaki taking a small trip. Miyagi and Shinobu are having some sweet problems about getting older and Misaki is learning. Everything is about Love of course- oh and comedy. I myslef like the love aspect more. xD
I Dont know how it is called in english, but the japanese version is called 
純情ロマンチカ 2012。That’s what you have to look up somewhere。^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:55 am
Hm, the only shounen ai that I remember that was somewhat new would be Togainu no Chi, which came out in 2010. Uragiri wa Boku no Namae o Shitteiru (Betrayal Knows My Name) also came out that year too.
Oh, and No. 6 is also a shounen ai that came out in the middle of 2011.

Other than those, I haven't seen any new shounen ai anime and yaoi anime is just really rare to find, I've searched a long time for those bad boys. I'm hoping they come out with something new soon, 'cuz I've been waiting for a while.

I'll start digging deeper into my yaoi and shounen ai communities to see what the name of the anime is that you were looking for, Sai.

Edit: I just found out they are coming out with Junjou Romantica 3 this summer!!! I can't wait! heart heart heart heart 4laugh Oh, an OVA called Wild Adapter is also coming out too. I'll have to look up official dates as to when Junjou will be aired, they haven't announced yet other than just sometime this summer.  

Meru Kaname
Captain

Invisible Guildswoman

Kaginorei

Distinct Businessman

4,600 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:05 am
Junjou Romantica 3 is ..FINALLY... coming out? I gotta check it out!!!!! wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance wahmbulance

Yea, you mean Number Six, don't you? It's not really Shonenai/Yaoi- more a usual sci-fi story with a romantic aspect involving boys. Made a guild, but nobody cares about the show- maybe outside Japan not many know the show??  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:03 am
Ooh, I'll have to check out that OVA! And really, the fandom finally got their wish of a third season. It's about time. :3

If you squint you can find shounen-ai in some of the newer anime. Project K has a lot of it.

Oh oh, Wild Adapter is by Minekura-sensei! I had trouble getting into it with the manga, but maybe the OVA will sway me.  

Bloodlust_Faerie
Vice Captain

Devoted Lover

5,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200

Meru Kaname
Captain

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:29 pm
I've known they were coming out with the third season of Junjou for years, but they never made the official announcement about when it was coming out til this year.

This is true, tons of fanservice of shounen-ai in those newer anime. And that could be the case of Number 6, no one really knows about it other than people in Japan and shounen-ai/yaoi and sci-fi junkies like us.

Hm, I'll have to look into the manga then. I don't think I've read it.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:18 pm
Really? I thought it was unclear and fans were just hoping.

Mm, true. It seemed pretty popular, though, at least from what I saw.

It seems like a lot of Saiyuki fans have read most of her works. I feel almost out of the loop since I haven't. sweatdrop  

Bloodlust_Faerie
Vice Captain

Devoted Lover

5,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200

Meru Kaname
Captain

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:24 am
I don't remember where I got the info, but I saw it on some site about four years ago that were goin to make the third season.

Hm, I don't know what happened then.

I haen't read all her works either, so you're not alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:43 pm
Really. That's interesting.

Odd things do happen.

Ahh ha. Well the newest update for the magazine Saiyuki runs in has the boys in a crossover with her other works. I'm looking forward to the translation, even if I don't know the characters.  

Bloodlust_Faerie
Vice Captain

Devoted Lover

5,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200

Meru Kaname
Captain

Invisible Guildswoman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:38 pm
Yeah. Gah, I wish I could remember the site!

True, very true.

Oh, that sounds awesome. I'm looking forward to that too.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:27 am
A simple Google search might bring it up.

Yeah. I'm not sure when the translations gonna go up, but the tag on Tumblr should be buzzing about it when it does.  

Bloodlust_Faerie
Vice Captain

Devoted Lover

5,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200

RhymeWren

Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:49 pm
I seriously just had a heart attack
I have season one and two on DVD and like 5 volumes of the manga and I totally thought the anime was dead
You guys just made my life~ Excited Face (( dramallama ))  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:58 pm
Ah? Oh? A new face?  

Bloodlust_Faerie
Vice Captain

Devoted Lover

5,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200

Meru Kaname
Captain

Invisible Guildswoman