Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:54 pm
Another day, another shift. At the very least it had been an early shift, which left him with the majority of the day at his fingertips, to enjoy as he saw fit. And, he saw fit to fly out to Camphoreon on his Pidgeot, and spent a brief time wandering around the city in hopes of seeing his friend, though not to all of the same areas of Camphoreon he'd looked in the last time he'd tried to find Rouge... Though really, he couldn't help but think, he wouldn't see the jester unless said jester wanted to be seen. He could only assume it was the latter today.

Thus, he and his beloved Meganium turned and headed out of the city. Although the park was nice, it couldn't match the beauty of nature on the outskirts of Camphoreon, where the flora grew however it wanted, without guidance from people. Everything at the park was well-trimmed and pruned and strategically planted and maintained, but not here. The grunt turned to regard his grass-type with a grin and a few small Spanish phrases, to which she responded quite happily as the pair walked along the path away from the city.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:44 pm
Dove, however, was not having such a carefree day as Inigo seemed to find for himself. Instead, the girl was in the fields just along the edge of the city, close enough to return when needed, but far enough that no one would see how miserably she was failing to befriend her new team member's trust. Though she had finally gotten it to stay still when she approached, she couldn't touch it, lest she be burned and huffed at. Even when she had had Lovey try to talk to it--since it didn't seem to mind Lovey at all-- it had simply continued to watch its new trainer with the same cautious eye, and though it didn't seem completely terrified, it made no notion to warm up to her any more than it had the morning she had met Flynn.

With a sigh, she sat down in a flattened area of the tall grass, pulling her hair back into a ponytail as she watched the pony graze. Pulling a water bottle from her bag, she sipped at the drink, her attention only drawn from the timid pokemon by a man's voice, toward which she turned, a small smile spreading across her face when she recognized him. Though she didn't speak, not wanting to interrupt him for too long, she simply raised her hand in greeting.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:03 pm
Inigo wouldn't have noticed Dove except for the fact Leilani stopped and crooned a loud, happy greeting at the girl. She hadn't seen her in quite some time, but she was always happy to see people regardless of how many or how few times she'd seen them before. That done, she left Inigo's side and trotted over to Dove.

The grunt paused mid-step at Leilani's behavior, and rather than respond in kind, he offered a lop-sided grin and an, "Hola!" Inigo turned as well and followed his Meganium over to the girl sitting in the grass. His green eyes alighted on the Ponyta nearby, to which he offered an amiable smile, then focused on Dove. "What's up?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:08 pm
Dove laughed when Leilani made her way over to her, and immediately reached out to her to pet her long neck, laughing at how excited she seemed to see her. Lovey, after allowing her trainer to greet the other pokemon first, jumped up to her feet and sped over to the meganium and yipped her own greeting, then made her way over to Inigo to all but dance around his feet.

Leilani greeted, Dove turned her attention back to the young man, "Not much! Just...enjoying the sunshine!" she told him. After all, that was basically all she had been able to accomplish today. Rising to her feet, She brushed off her shorts, then stepped away from her two companions. "You?"  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:27 pm
Leilani immediately nuzzled into the offered hand happily, then snaked her head down to nose at Lovey before the Eevee ran off again. Inigo chuckled and knelt down to pet Lovey's head before using both hands to rub her ears. "Same for us," he replied quite readily with a grin. "Didn't feel like being in the city anymore, so we thought we'd come for a walk this way. Parks are nice, but I practically grew up in forests, so I prefer those over meticulously maintained parks and stuff," Inigo said with a shrug as he stood up and shoved his hands in his pockets.

His green eyes flicked from Dove to Lovey to Leilani before they finally came to rest on the Ponyta nearby, and he blinked once before focusing on Dove again and using a thumb to indicate it, "That your Ponyta?" He hadn't seen her with one before, or at least, he wasn't aware that she had one...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:42 pm
She smiled when he replied that his reasons for being out and about were much the same as hers for now, then nodded, a flush rising to her face as the ponyta in question backed away, warily watching the new human who pointed at him.

"He is," she laughed, her eyes moving away from him to the eevee as she tried to balance on her hind legs as she talked to the grass-type. "I caught him not too long ago, and we're just...getting to know each other, I guess..." Failing miserably to get to know one another.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:00 pm
"Yeah?" He replied, focusing on the Ponyta again as Dove explained. Even after she finished, he kept watching it for a few moments, and did not miss the fact that it had backed away when he'd pointed at it. Without a word, he pulled a ball from his belt and pressed the release, and when the light faded it revealed a shiny Rapidash in its wake, her gray flames and pale coat almost seeming to sparkle in the sun as it glinted off her back. Inigo wordlessly replaced the ball at his belt and returned his hand to his pocket as he turned back to Dove, "He seems kinda shy, doesn't he? He'll warm up to you soon, I'm sure. It can take a while," he offered with an amiable smile.

Leilani tilted her head so her antennae flopped down in front of her face, on either side of Lovey's head as she crooned softly at the normal-type.

Sonata, once she took stock of the situation, turned her head to offer a gentle nicker of greeting at the smaller fire-type. She had little doubt Inigo had let her out for any other purpose.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:06 pm
Dove watched as the rapidash was released, her eyes growing as she looked it over. It was definitely something special...

With a sigh, she looked back to Thierry, her shoulders falling a bit. "I think I terrified him when we met..." she said heavily, looking again to the magnificent horse at his side. "He's definitely a timid little guy, that's for sure..."

Thierry lifted its head a bit higher at Sonata's nicker, blinking and shying a little before offering a smaller one of his own in return. His hooves pawed anxiously at the ground. He really was a little guy...

Lovey blinked at Leilani's actions, then playfully swiped at one antennae before rolling onto her back and blinking up at the grasstype, her nose scrunched playfully.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:26 pm
Inigo glanced back at the Ponyta before he focused on Dove again with a soft frown. "What happened?"

The Rapidash watched the humans as they spoke, then moved to stand near Thierry, and as she did so, her movements were slow, precise, and non-threatening. She asked softly, her tones gentle.

Leilani moved her head in such a way that her antennae swung harmlessly just above the Eevee's face.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:16 am
"A fr-- Someone was teaching me how to catch Pokemon, and we didnt... Sparky and I are kind of new to the whole...training thing." she explained sheepishly, tucking a few wisps of her hair behind her ear. "Sparky's an amazing fighter, but I honestly....I have no idea how to guide him. Needless to say, catching Thierry was anything but graceful..."

As the bigger Pokemon approached, Thierry watched her carefully, answering her softly as his front hoof scratched aimlessly at the dirt.

Lovey blinked, her eyes following the the meganium's motions, and within moments had to shake her head to keep from falling asleep.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:01 pm
"A frsomeone?" He repeated, amused. Apparently she couldn't decide whether to call them a friend or not, though he didn't know why. To him, most people were his friends. While he noted her oxymoron, he didn't comment on it, and instead offered her a smile. "Training takes a lot of practice; I had Leilani for years before I ever even though of getting more and starting to train, and even then I was awful at it. Terrible, even," he chuckled. "But then, I found out I wasn't taking it seriously. You just need a reason to kind of make you realize things, like why you're training and stuff. Not just 'oh I should probably do this'," which was exactly how he'd started, and exactly why he hadn't taken it seriously. It wasn't until Aila died that he'd had a good, long, hard look at his approach and his team, and endeavored to change it. He'd done quite well since then, he thought. "Once you find that reason, it gets easier. Well, maybe not easier," he frowned as he rubbed the back of his neck, "but it at least makes it better. Don't know if that makes any sense though.."

Sonata said warmly, with a smile to match.

Leilani giggled at the Eevee's sudden sleepiness, so she flicked her head back and her antennae flew back behind her head again so it wouldn't happen a second time.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:50 pm
She blushed as he repeated her mesh of words to her, her eyes falling to her shoes. "I'm learning... slowly, but I'm learning. Sparky has been trained, I just don't know how to handle him properly when it comes to things like this. Trainer things..." He had been fine while protecting her from the thugs, even though he had gotten hurt. Fur definitely wasn't any match for bullets. "After everything that happened, I think I've got more than enough reason to build my team up," she continued, her look apologetic. "Sorry about that, by the way. I know it's late, but...thanks again."

Thierry continued to watch her, his hooves stilling after a while. he asked timidly, sniffing at the air.

Lovey laughed, then pawed at the air above her, blinking at the meganium again.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:49 pm
So he was trained, but they didn't know about trainer things..? "What was he trained for, then?" Inigo asked curiously.

At her apology, he cast his mind back to the last time he'd seen her, how upset she was and everything she'd told him, and he shook his head with an understanding smile. "Nah, don't worry about it," he said, then shrugged, "I mean, that's what friends are for, right? But, yeah, that is a good reason." Her kidnapping by thugs reminded him of the ones that had targeted Rouge and had saw him and decided to toss him into the ocean. That hadn't been the least bit fun, to say the least.

Sonata said with another warm smile and a nod. The Rapidash turned her gaze on Dove briefly before smiling at Thierry. It wasn't hard to see that he was nervous.

Leilani said with a smile.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:18 pm
She looked to him, a slightly downcast look in her eyes from the memory. "My ex trained him, back when we were together so Sparky could protect me when he wasn't there. My job kind of involves a lot of people, and some of them just aren't...safe." She ran a hand over the luxury ball at her belt. "It's horrible, because he's strong, and I'm basically the equivalent of a 10 year old with no badges when it comes to battling."

A little light, however, did return to her eyes at his idea of friendship, and she nodded a little. She pinked a bit, offering him a smile, then turned to the two fire-types out in the field. "So... your Rapidash is absolutely beautiful..."

Thierry nodded, then shook his head a little at her, lifting his head a bit to speak with her more clearly. She didn't sound like she would hurt him, and the way she spoke was calming... his tail swished and his head dipped as though he were about to be scolded. He hadn't meant to burn his trainer before, but...

Lovey rolled over onto her tummy, then laid her head on her paws, her eyes peering up at the bigger pokemon. She told the grass type, smiling. However, the smile faded a little at her next question. Her tail flipped once, and she gave the Meganium an apologetic look.  

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:10 pm
"Ah.." He rubbed the back of his neck, a soft frown on his face. "What job do you have again?" He couldn't really remember if she'd told him before or not... She might have when they first met, but he was pretty sure she hasn't the last time. That conversation had been comprised of other, more important topics. The comment about badges, though, caught his attention. "Well, I don't have any badges either," he said with a shrug, shoving his hands in his pockets. "Kodo's never had a gym system, so most trainers here don't have them as far as I'm aware.You'd have to go to another region to get any, and even then I heard they're actually really hard to get." A hand raised to run his fingers through his hair. "Always sounded like too much trouble than it was worth to me, honestly, especially since they don't really count for much. Not here, anyway." It didn't matter how many badges you had here - just if you could defend yourself from Team Rocket or not. His job involved a lot of people too, and none of what they did was safe.

"Que? Oh, Sonata?" He asked, half-turning to regard the Rapidash with a fond smile. "Yeah, apparently she's a shiny. If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even know she was special until my friend Rosie saw her and told me so," he explained with a sheepish grin. "I never was much of a trainer before, but I'm not too bad now. It just takes time," another shrug and a warm, lop-sided smile.

Sonata nodded her head again, still offering Thierry the same warm smile. the shiny Rapidash offered, though she perked her ears forward a bit in mild curiosity.

Leilani crooned happily. she said with a firm nod, as if to confirm her own statement. At Lovey's words, the Meganium glanced up at the girl before focusing down at the Eevee again. her antennae drooped sadly,

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff