Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:44 pm
Though both discussion and the activities from the night before had her exhausted, Dove forced herself out of bed early the next morning, gathering her bag over her shoulder after slipping into a light, larger sweater to fight off the morning chill from the sea. With Lovey following at her heels, the girl made her way back down to the beach, only having left a few hours ago.

As the sun had risen into into the sky, she had worked with her team, this time trying to find out what exactly they could do, her attention trained mostly on her fire types, Trill tucked away into the ball at her hip--she wouldn't dare let it out in public again, unless asked to-- and Lovey tucked away at her chest, peacefully enjoying the warmth of her trainer's hold and the smooth, pink rays from the early morning sun.

The trainer had watched both the Ponyta and Typhlosion, making several mental notes as to how they worked, how they moved, the strengths they showed as she gently urged them to perform separately. To set them against each other at this point would be foolish, especially considering she wasn't even sure what their abilities were, and Thierry still hadn't quite come to trust the older fire type yet.

Now, with most of the excitement over, she sat, her bare toes loosely buried in the sand as she watched Thierry run, hooves splashing in the waves, though he was cautious to stay safely aground. In the peaceful atmosphere, the girl was left to her thoughts, the light glistening off the sea helping to keep her calm, though the ache of the most recent events remained.

Not that it mattered. Sera, Ray, Yuri, and Luke would have met up by now, she was sure... At least now she had time to think things over without the eyes and immediate pressure. Zane had disappeared entirely, and Rosie... At least Rosie was around, she thought, though she had no real knowledge of how the girl might be spending her week, and though she had thought to call on her again for help, she was sure the blonde had better things to do.

There was hope, though, and as she watched her team, she smiled faintly, closing her eyes a moment to simply enjoy the peace... her conscious drifting in lack of sleep.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:42 pm
Enjoying some time off, someone else was walking the beach. A young blonde man striding across the sand with a pair of sandals in one hand and his buried in the pocket of his shorts. Allowing his bare feet to sink lightly into the grains as he walked just out of reach of the surf.

He wore a white t-shirt beneath a loosely fitted, long sleeved blue button up that was undone and flapping in the breeze of the ocean. Looking rather casual as he had the day before. Blonde hair also getting tousled by the wind, while there was a content smile on his face.

Pausing in his walk, Flynn passed his blue gaze over the water and stood there to watch the sunrise for a few moments. However, the beating of hooves soon caught his attention and he saw a Ponyta running about. His gaze subsequently falling on Dove a couple moments later.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:22 pm
Sparky's head turned from where he had moved behind his trainer, her head resting on his shoulder as he lay along the sand on his belly, watching over her as she rested her eyes.

The girl, though she had only meant to rest a moment and enjoy the halcyon atmosphere around her, had drifted into a light slumber, her legs curled toward her body, a light dusting of sand on her skin, her hair cascading over her shoulders and an arm draped over her middle. When Lovey stirred, however, noticing Flynn's arrival, Dove's eyes fluttered open, her five minute nap stolen as she, too, noticed the man looking out at the water, then at her.

Drawing a deep breath, she righted herself, though she had only slightly reclined, and turned her attention to Flynn, offering a smile and a little wave as she tucked her hair back, the breeze catching the thin material of her sweater and the wisps of the hair framing her face. From where she sat, the man's figure was silhouetted against the morning sky, and she admired the view in silence, refusing to ruin the moment with her voice and fighting to wake up fully in case he should return her greeting. She really should have prepared a stronger brew of tea before she left...From the way the conversation had taken turn against her last night (before somewhat righting itself), she was sure he had come to the same conclusion as everyone else seemed to have. She couldn't dare to hope he had ignored his new friends' opinions.

The ponyta, however, did not enjoy the view as readily as his trainer did. Instead, the young stallion skidded to a halt as it noticed the man's closeness, rearing back a little with a soft neigh before settling uneasily and fixing him with an uneasy--but completely harmless-- gaze.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:54 am
"Easy," Flynn said as the Ponyta seemed to get nervous. He wasn't afraid of the Pokemon, but rather, hoped the little horse would calm itself. Trying to let him know that he didn't mean any harm.

He then stepped towards Dove with a bit of curiosity, wondering what she was doing out here sleeping on the sand.

"Miss Dove," he said pleasantly but with a touch of concern. "You weren't out here all night, were you?"

Flynn didn't know what had transpired between the group after he and Yuri left. The two of them having talked over some beer last night at Yuri's favorite tavern before going back to their own places. And really, everything that had happened beforehand had been confusing.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:31 am
The ponyta calmed, but kept its distance, curiously eyeing the man from afar.

She looked up to him, blinking at the sunlight. "Hm? Oh, no... No..." She shook her head. "I went home for a little while, but couldn't sleep." Her explanation was quiet and simple, but with so little sleep she the morning before, and the hesitations already there, she didn't quite trust herself to speak so fully so soon.

However, the topic at hand was embarrassing-- he had just walked up on her, finding her sleeping on a beach. Her Pokemon of course had been alert, but it still wasn't acceptable. Perhaps her inhibitions were weaker, considering how tired she was. She shifted her way if sitting, wondering if she should stand as well. "Did you enjoy the festival yesterday? We didn't really get a chance to talk much..." Though she has fully intended to speak with the others on more than just a passing level--in which she had, though the outcome had been entirely different than what she had expected, and the conversation had quickly been monopolized by Trill's transformation... Not at all the attention she had been wanting, though she guessed she should have been careful what she wished for, even if it was an unspoken wish. Hopefully he had still enjoyed himself...He appeared to be friends with Yuri, so maybe it had been time well spent, earlier in the day.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:32 pm
Flynn gave the horse a smile before stepping closer to the girl, noticing her indecision about moving. "Please, you don't have to get up," the man said, deciding to take a seat in the sand a few feet from her.

"It was nice," he said upon Dove's question, and it was true, he'd had a good time. Having finally gotten the chance to catch up with Yuri and meeting his friends had been time well spent indeed.

There was pause before Flynn spoke again. "I hope I'm not prying too much, but is the situation with the uh... Pokemon still bothering you?" After all, she said she couldn't sleep. Although he couldn't even remember what the thing had been called.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:37 pm
Thierry watched him calmly, though still at a distance, then moved about the sands, his hooves ghosting through the shallow waters.

When he bent to take a seat in the sand with her, she stilled, offering a look of thanks. The sand was cool from the night and soft, and she was still borderline exhausted.

Not too exhausted to search for conversation, however. She gave another small smile when he told her the festival had been nice, as she had hoped. "I'm glad!" When he asked his question, though, her smile faded a little, and she looked down to the sand, brushing a few grains off of her ankle as she crossed her legs to sit criss-cross, shaking her head to indicate he wasn't prying. "No, it's okay... Um..."

She looked up at him, this time, in apology. She barely knew the man, yet her actions had already affected him, even if only through irritating Yuri, who appeared to be his friend. "Things kind of got really out of hand last night, but it'll be okay, hopefully. The whole thing with Trill was my fault." In all honesty, Trill was the least of her problems, she thought. It was, after all, her pokemon, a member of her team, and she wouldn't disown it. She certainly wouldn't be letting it out again any time soon, though. At least most of her real problems had been tackled after Flynn had left, and he hadn't had to witness the pathetic drama that had taken place afterwards.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:24 pm
"It was an honest mistake," Flynn said. "I don't think I would have known any different if it had come into my possession." But then he wasn't really a trainer either, and also came from a culture that didn't place as much emphasis on Pokemon as many others did. Pokemon were useful and good companions, but Grande Ile didn't revolve around them.

Although he did wonder what she meant when she said things had gotten out of hand last night. The reactions to the tiny pink Pokemon had been startling but certainly not out of hand. Perhaps something had happened after he and Yuri had left.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:38 pm
She tucked her hair back again as the breeze caught it, shook her head, looking as though she might laugh at herself, clearly acknowledging that though it had been honest, it was still something she regretted. "I just wanted it to be around people so it could learn, but it's not ready to do that, I guess. I should have known that, considering it's only a baby." She should have known not to have it out and about anyway, considering its true type, but had let her desire to let it explore overpower her better judgement. Even now she wished she could let it out, as it didn't seem fair to let the rest of her team wander freely and not the mew, but after the previous events, she forced herself to be resolved in her decision. "At this point, the only thing I can do is...not let it happen again."

She glanced back at Sparky as he settled his head onto his paws in the sand, one eye still open and gazing at Flynn, though the typhlosion's actions surprised her. Very rarely did Sparky trust others, though she guessed that perhaps it was just the early morning-- the fire type despised rising early. And he was still close enough to protect her anyway.

When she turned to Flynn again, she reached out to stroke Lovey's head as the little eevee slept. "So...day off, or...?"  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 6:43 am
Well, she'd certainly had good intentions, there was no denying that. He couldn't really blame her for not wanting to keep the little Mew cooped up and hidden. But it seemed that she would have to do just that considering what had happened the previous night.

"Yes, actually," Flynn said with a nod. He had gotten the previous day and today off from work. The first real break he'd had since coming here to Kodo. It was giving him a chance to relax and become more familiar with the island and its people.

"And you?" He supposed that she might have a job herself, or could just be one of those traveling trainers he had heard about.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:22 am
She nodded, laying her hands back in her lap as she continued the conversation. "That's nice," she told him, a slight smile in her features. "Any plans for the day, or are you just using it to catch up?" Surely if he had hit the ground running, he had to be tired or at the least was still settling in. What even was the time difference between here and Grande Ile? Then again, she didn't really know what his job entailed, nor did she actually know when he had arrived in Kodo.

When asked about her job, she paused, as if struggling to find a proper answer. At least he hadn't asked for a job description. "I'm not working today, either." she offered, her cheeks a bit pink as she shook her head. She hadn't actually taken another shoot since the incident with Kaiba, and she wasn't in desperate need. There were other things to focus on, right now, needs that needed to be met. "We trained a little this morning, but that was my only job for today."  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 11:23 am
"Maybe," Flynn said with a shrug. "I really don't have any plans for today." He was just taking it easy and enjoying what Kodo had to offer. He'd already gotten his apartment neatly in order. It was something he been sure to get done rather quickly.

When Dove admitted that she had trained a little and that was it, he nodded. "I see. How is that coming?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 1:08 pm
She offered a small smile, tugging the sleeves of her each sweater over her hands. "I'm sure something will come your way."

Hen asked about her training, she took a deep breath before looking to Sparky. "Well... It's coming," she told him, cheeks flushing pink. "I've never really done anything like this before, so it's...a work in progress. Sparky is enjoying it, though. I think."

At this, the typhlosion cracked an eye at her, seemingly frowning. She laughed, through an apologetic look to the Pokemon. "Well... He would if it wasnt so early..."  
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:46 pm
Actually, Flynn kinda hoped that nothing would come his way. That was kinda the point of relaxing after all, was doing nothing unless it was something you wanted to do.

His eyes shifted over to the big Pokemon, Sparky as she called him. He'd never seen one like that before.

"That's good. He's very impressive."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 2:53 pm
She smiled, then tucked her hair back again in nervous habit. "Thanks...He likes to think he is, in any case~" she teased, turning and leaning back to kiss the top of the now disgruntled typhlosion's head. "It's been a while since he's been trained, but we're working on getting back up to speed." Sparky only huffed, setting his head back down on his paws.

As Sparky settled, she looked from the pokemon back to the young man sitting with her, this time curious. "So... You're friends with Yuri?" she asked, again placing her hands in her lap. "Sorry, I know that's...kind of a strange question, but I saw you guys a lot together yesterday, and you said you were from Grande Ile the first time we met, so I just thought..." Her gaze fell from his as she rambled. So. Blue.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff