Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 3:29 pm
By the time Ray had women up, it was still mostly dark outside, instantly her day was starting off pretty good.
She had beaten the sun up! HAH!
Though she was almost certain of one brunette member of their party that would not be feeling as accomplished about getting up before the sun like Ray herself was,

Said brunette was mostly the reason Ray had gotten up so early, giving her time to get ready herself, and with enough buffer time to make sure Sera gets up, gets ready and moves her lollygagging a** up to the lighthouse where they were going to be meeting Yuri and Luke.

The overcast from the ocean settled heavily on the coast, making the air heavy with moisture, and while viability wasn't an issue, the ocean past the ledges was completely shrouded in the fog, though the steady hissing of waves could still be heard clearly.
Ray took lead, the red and white striped snake slithering easily next to her as her travel warn boots crunching lightly along the loose stone and gravel of the path.
“Come on slowpoke, we can’t let the boys beat us there.” Ray spoke, pausing to glance behind her. The neck of her jacket was pulled up, successfully covering her mouth and nose as it was designed for. Fingerless gloved hands holding onto the straps of the backpack on her back that held all the supplies she would need for the trip.
"Its just right over there."
A finger pointed toward the building that was just on top of the path, before she continued up.

As she stepped up by the building, Ray glanced around to see if the other two had arrived already
"Yuri, Luke" She called,
Double Stripe also slithering around to take a peek around the building.  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 pm
They were, in fact, already there. Yuri standing there with his sword in one hand and a bag slung over his shoulder. One foot resting on a rock and his free hand settled on his hip as he watched the girls finally arrive. The breeze of the ocean tossing the man's long hair as the lighthouse towered above them.

"Geez, its about time you two showed up. We were getting ready to leave without you," he said teasingly with a bit of a grin on his face.

He then looked over to Sera. "I guess the princess here doesn't do mornings, huh?"

Repede barked his agreement with Yuri's assessment, eyeing the pair of women stoically with his one eye.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:10 pm
"Aawwww Damn." Ray stoped abruptly when she saw that Yuri was already standing there, drooping her posture very suddenly before picking it back up, in a display of exasperation.
"You've got to be kidding me! You beat us."
Reaching a hand up to tug the neck of her jack down from her mouth, where she wore a wide smirk, tromping up to Yuri.
"That's right, the princess does not do mornings, I bet you didn't have nearly as much trouble trying to get your munchkin out of bed and dressed, did you?"

Ray leaned back with a single laugh, lightly punching Yuri on the shoulder.
"Good morning boys! Ready for this trip?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 9:57 pm
Luke blinked in a slight confusion as he understood that Ray was referring to him. He reappropriated his expression to one of a quiet smile in answer to her question, shrugging with a noncommittal "more or less." Seraphine was greeted with a little more enthusiasm - because he assumed she probably needed it at this hour. "Morning, Sera."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:13 pm
It had indeed taken Sera quite a while to get herself out of bed - she might not have ever gotten out of it in the first place if Mordecai hadn't taken it upon himself to be her alarm clock to get her out of bed, metaphorically and eventually physically - and her expression as she trudged after Ray towards the lighthouse could only be described as murderous.

Yuri was greeted with a brief, seething glare, though when Luke greeted her she made quite an effort to give her friend a more proper, amiable greeting. She managed to succeed somewhat, though not entirely, and merely responded in a voice that plainly showed her level of tiredness, "Hey." What she needed was not enthusiasm, but her bed, and preferably five more hours of sleep.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:01 pm
Yuri just gave Sera a wide cheesy grin in response to her seething glare. The grin remaining when Ray punched his shoulder playfully.

"Nope, and we're ready as we're gonna be," he said back.

Repede woofed enthusiastically as well, both to say that he was ready and to make sure the Ray didn't forget about him being there.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:13 pm
"Alright!" Ray cheered, taking a step forward.
At the growlith's bark, Ray bent down in mid step, and scooped the fire type up into her arms as she tromped on, cradling Repede a** he smiled at him "Hey Repede! Lets get a move on huh? Though I sure am not apposed to a nice long leisure trip either."

Patting the Growlith's side a few times she bent down again to let the pokemon jump back onto the ground.
"Alright, so-" Ray turned as she walked, looking back at the party "Who's ganna be the navigator for this trip?" Her eyes shifted from Luke, to Sera.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:21 pm
Sera was still only half-awake (though fully peeved) when Ray made her way over and glanced between the two of them, and she immediately huffed and crossed her arms over her chest, tipping her nose up and to one side to avoid looking at her. "Don't look at me," she all but snapped. The girl obviously had no intention of doing anything apart from walking this early in the morning.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:27 pm
Luke, on realizing that the question was intended more for the two younger members of the entourage, looked to Seraphine for her response - which was, predictably, negative. If what he'd seen of her interactions with Ray set any precedent, however, he doubted the woman would allow Sera to leave it at that, and so he offered a more favorable response to prevent that, "I can try, I guess. We have a map, right?" He'd never been to Sagestone before, but Kodo wasn't all that big. How hard could it be?  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:06 pm
Luke's instincts might have been right on the money with that observation, As Ray set a quiet smile on Sera's response. Though her smile broadened as her attention moved over to Luke instead when he volunteered.

Reaching up the women unzipped her jacket, reaching a hand in to a pocket on the inside and pulling out a folded piece of paper and a circular black compass, stepping forward to hand it to the boy.
"Yes we do, Going to do it the old fashion way too."
with a jerk of her head in the direction they would be heading "Come on, lets get going and I'll show you how to use those, if you don't already know how?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:12 pm
Yuri just looked on with some amusement as Sera was harassed, and Luke volunteered to be the navigator. When it was indicated which direction they were going, the man looked that way and then started walking.

"Just make sure to walk slow so that sleepy head over there can keep up," Yuri added with a wave of his hand.

Repede, who had been rather indignant with being picked up, huffed trotted after Yuri. Holding his pipe firmly between his teeth.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:17 pm
He accepted the items and regarded them with some curiosity, particularly the little round thing. Luke had never seen a compass before, nor had any idea of its name or uses, though the way the little arrow always pointed the same direction was fascinating. "Some instruction would probably be good," he admitted quietly.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:31 pm
"Ah no shame in that, you can't be blamed, what with all the new gadgets the League's been handing out to trainers and that those companies like Kaiba putting every app under sun in a convenient little gear" She reached out to flick a finger over the phone on her bag strap. "They're making it too easy on you young trainers, you're all relying too much on technology" She gestured a hand over toward to compass "You should always learn to use stuff like this, it might be old school, but if you're left without your fancy tech, you'll at least always have a back up plan." A cheeky grin from the women and a slight incline forward as she looked at Luke "You think you can bear with me, I know what I'm talking about, I promise." Ray added with a wink.

Zipping her jacket back up, Ray looked over to Sera at Yuri's comment, grinning with amusement "You're going to want to come over and learn this too, so hurry up over here so I can show you both."  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:36 pm
"The hell are you guys talking about, 'keep up' and 'hurry up,'" the girl huffed angrily as she tiredly stormed after them, a glare settled quite firmly on her features. "I'm right ********' here. It's not like I'm slow and lagging behind or something," Sera ended in a grumble as she came to walk beside Luke, though she wasn't at all interested in any of this.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:46 pm
Well, he wasn't sure that was the reason, specifically; he didn't really know if he relied all that much on any available technology. Save for the brief expedition towards Sandalwood before and the one time he'd gone to Makko with Rosie (she had gracefully tolerated his total lack of knowledge or interest in any kind of navigation), this was more or less his first time traversing Kodo purposefully. He'd never had any need to learn how to find his way around. He reserved further comment, however, assuming that he would get the full lecture regardless of how he replied. As Seraphine joined his immediate vicinity, he regarded her with a sidelong glance that was silently disheartened. He understood fully well that she didn't really want to go, but it was still dispiriting to hear her vocalize exactly how much of a bad time she was having.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff