Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:44 pm
A text had gone out to two people, saying the same exact thing, Both Seraphine training in Sagestone town, and Luke, traveling Kodo with Yuri.

“I’m sorry this is so sudden and random, but. I.. I think I just found out that I have a father.”

It would be received sometime mid afternoon, and was followed by nothing else.  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:04 pm
The message made Luke uneasy, and he considered it for a long time before offering his response. He was familiar with the feeling of suddenly discovering previously unknown family, but he presumed that his had been a very different situation. Rosie had never really spoken on the matter of her father, and Luke was lost in his attempts to imagine how she felt about it.

He eventually produced his reply, habitually composing in French: "tu vas bien?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:15 pm
Getting, translating and typing a reply took a few seconds, but a reply was answered shortly after Luke had sent one.

"I'm okay, Bruce is upset, I'm sorry, I'll explain soon."

Once the message was sent, no other reply came for a long time.
The day went on like normal.
The afternoon lead into evening, the evening grew steadily darker, it wasn't until the sky was a rich royal blue than Rosie's fingers found the words to reply.

She felt like she should not have said anything at all, that she was just being a bother and it was her problem to deal with, her and her families.
But she had already text her friends, without thinking of how they might feel about it. She couldn't just leave them in the dark without at least apologizing.

"Hey guys <3 I'm sorry for earlier, turns out it wasn't anything really."  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:25 pm
The messages from earlier returned to his thoughts intermittently throughout the day, troubling him just slightly more every time his considerations were unaccompanied by the promised explanation. When he finally received the next message, it failed to reassure him. He knew Rosie was strong, and he didn't doubt that strength - especially since he had no basis for knowing what her exact feelings were - but the uneasiness remained.

"êtes-vous sûr? je serais heureux si vous souhaitez compter sur moi aussi parfois"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:32 pm
Rosie was about to set her gear down when it buzzed back with a reply.
It was in french, she didn't need to look at the name to see who it was from.
Settling back into her seat at the dining room table, Rosie fitted the phone back into her hands, translating the message. finding it read "Are you sure? I would be happy if you want to count on me sometimes"

She had to read it over a few times before she concluded that it might not have translated over very gracefully becasue of the program.
She got the idea of what i meant though... maybe.

"Sorry Luke, the french isn't translating over very well."
A few moments would pass before he got the text and it was followed right after with another text of- "Would it be okay if I call you?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:36 pm
Well, that was kind of depressing. It had taken a lot of willpower to send that message. He had very little time to dwell on it before he received another message, to which he easily responded, "sure".  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:44 pm
Rosie got to her feet when she got the reply, making her way out of the dining room, away from the background noise of her family getting dinner ready.
"I'll be right back." She told her sister as she passed the sitting room, where Faleen had taken to looking through some of the books from the shelf.

She hit the dial button as she reached the top of the steps, sliding the gear under her hair and to her ear, listening to the tone.

She wasn't sure why, but she was suddenly really nervous. Rubbing her arm and anxiously waiting.
She talked to Luke all the time, why would this time be any different? Sure the situation was a little unusual, but why would that matter. She told herself everything was okay, so why was she interrupting her friends on their journey like this.  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 7:51 pm
It occurred to him, in the brief amount of time between his sent message and the notification of an incoming call, just how rarely he actually talked on the phone. Wasn't all that different from talking normally, surely, save for the inability to use physical gestures - and he confronted and overcame that problem frequently enough when exchanging text messages. And so he treated it as any other conversation, raising the speaker to his ear with a greeting that failed to entirely disguise his persisting worry, "Hey, what's up?"  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:00 pm
The muffled click of someone picking up was followed by Luke's voice.
She was taken by surprise by how much of a relief it was hearing her friend's voice, while at the same time somewhat weakened her.

"Hi."

She greeted, though she was smiling it was a much weaker voice then she had planed to use.
clearing her throat lightly she tried again. "Sorry, I was having trouble with the translator... Thanks for letting me call."  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm
He shook his head lightly-- Gestures, phone, duh. "It's no problem," he said. A brief pause. "…Is everything okay?" To suggest that he wasn't worried would be a plain and blatant lie.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:12 pm
"Uh, yeah." Rosie replied quickly, until she stepped into her room and closed the door behind her, leaning against it.
"Everything okay, its just been a... weird day?" She wasn't sure what to say. "I'm not sure what to call it actually. Heh."
she made a small nervous chuckle. "Yeah, everything's okay... Sorry I didn't mean to make anyone worry, or bug you, its just that everyone else is still pretty upset, Bruce and Evan are still angry and Faleen's seems pretty agitated today."
She explained, Rodney was never one for emotional situations either, if he had an opinion he was having a hard time expressing it.

"I just wanted to hear a friendly voice..."  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 8:30 pm
A nod-- Phone, damn it. "It sounds like the kind of day that would be weird, yeah." He frowned slightly, roughly understanding how she probably felt through all his insisting about not wanting to bother her. He would much rather have worried than have had no idea whatsoever.

"What I sent before, that didn't translate right, was something like…" a momentary hesitation, "'I'd be happy if you relied on me sometimes too.' I mean, you've always listened and supported me whenever I was worried about anything, so if it's bothering you at all, or if you want to talk about it, or about anything… I'd really like to listen."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:06 pm
Her hand gripped her gear more tightly as she bowed her head. For a few moments she didn't or couldn't reply, not sure what to say to that...
The translation made more sense, and the fact that he wanted to be there to listen without even hesitating.

"Luke, I ..." she spoke after some time passed, only to hesitate again.
Where could she even begin? And what would she say?
Luke's been through so much already, the reason he was out on the road now was becasue he needed to get out and do something to help him with his own problems, and now he was on the phone, talking to Rosie and worrying about her problems. talking like he wanted nothing more then to listen, like he didn't have his own things to worry about.
"I think I would like to talk about it... But, I just don't want anyone to worry... I really am okay."  
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:11 pm
"Please let me worry about you," he replied, a gentle insistence in his tone.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 9:41 pm
She had been feeling fine, calm and collected. Though she wasn't denying that she had felt sad, she wasn't kidding when she said that she was okay.
At Luke's words though, the silence from the girl continued, whatever sadness she had felt was replaced, and amplified with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude and adoration for the speaker of those words.

She knew that if her friends were worried, she would do what it took to help them, despite how she felt at the time, why should she have denied that Luke, and Sera would want to do the same.
She slid down the door to sit in the floor, drawing her knees up to place her forehead against them both her hands clutching at the phone on her ear.
"Okay.." She spoke with a delicate and careful tone, but one that sounded so grateful.

She spent the next couple of seconds gathering herself again, rubbing a hand over one of her eyes before she found what she wanted to say.
"I know I never really talked about it a lot, it tends to make people uncomfortable to bring it up, they never know what to say.
But, I've never had a father. Mama never married, but when she wanted kids she kind of... uh... I mean this is were it gets so confusing for people.
We were raised being told that we were created through invetro insemination." She paused, sounding a little uncertain here as she hesitated, she knew this was a bit odd, not many people knew this about Rosie or Faleen at all, mostly becasue it just seemed a rude unorthodox subject "I mean, Sorry... that's just to give you an idea about how fathers for the two of us would never be a part of our life. Uh... anyway-" She sounded a little embarrassed, knowing that kind of information would embarrass or offend some people.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff