• Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:45 pm
How often do you do it?

I do it quite often, unfortunately. And some of my friends find it hilarious

So I've decided to start recording me playing games that typically make me mad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aakESbbX8RE

Would you ever record yourself getting frustrated?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:56 am
I do sometimes but it has to be at a part where i have NO idea what I'm doing XD and when i rage my brother or friends that are around think it's funny. might be the things i say lol  

Rosa_Kogaden

Blessed Gaian

6,850 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Poeden

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:57 am
I only do it on games I'm not crazy about in the first place. If I love the game, I'll push through it. Might rage quit momentarily to take a breather, but it won't be particularly long.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:34 pm
I've honestly rage quit a lot of games.
Only because half the time I get lost or stuck and can't figure out where I'm going/ need to go so I give up angrily..
Friends will always find such things funny.
I know I do when I see someone do it

Glitched Cannibal

Manly Wife

Sir Epic Tree

Salty Pirate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:20 pm
The last game I rage quit was Super Meat Boy I believe.
If you have ever played that I am sure you understand why. And I think that would be awesome to record myself getting angry at games.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:24 am
Rage quitting is irrational behavior, and as such I tend to only do it on games with irrational mechanics. Games like Super Meat Boy, Castlevania, and Megaman are difficult, yeah, but their controls are tight and the challenge is at a fair (if high... or really really high) level. Games like that are satisfying to beat!

Games that AREN'T are ones that are stupidly or unfairly hard, either through stupid controls or mean/manipulative game design.

I can't think of TOO many examples of this, because I typically try to avoid stupid games, but one I've played in recent memory is Kirby's Epic Yarn. The UFO segments are extremely frustrating at higher levels, because the levels are designed such that they want you to have like an expert and super-precise control over the thing... But the UFO controls like a roller skater in a field of banana peels, sliding and bumping all over the place almost indiscriminately.

Furthermore, a lot of the levels in Epic Yarn have hidden goodies in segments where one or more of the following is true: 1) you can't go backwards on the segment, and/or 2) the goodies are usually in a spot you wouldn't think to go the first time. In other words, you're unlikely to get everything in one run on your first time, even if you're playing well (something that was done better in Kirby's Return to Dreamland, which I appreciated).

Kirby's Epic Yarn was a fun game, but there were a lot of parts where the difficulty level was more along the lines of cheap than challenging.
...so, er, yeah sometimes I ragequit it. (I'm not off-topic I swear)  

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:59 am
I think I've only ever rage quit a game once and it's when I spent RL money on ammo for this game, only to crash/die in the game and be unable to find my items. An hour later, I was back playing it again though. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:25 pm
I rage quit when i can't even perfect something after like 5-10 trys but most of the time i rq when im hungry or something XD

sqvish

Noob

9,150 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200

The Nexus Embodied
Crew

Perfect Sex Symbol

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:00 pm
I did it alot on older games like Sonic Adventure. But lately I've controlled it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:21 pm
I rage quit once on Lollipop Chainsaw.
Only because I'm absolutely terrible with combos. ;-;

ucrayn

Egg

Hey its Nyarlathotep

Crew

Shapeshifter

11,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:39 pm
One of only reasons I'll consider rage quitting is if my friends all back out to find different servers. It takes a lot to make me want to rage quit, I usually try and keep playing and find ways to overcome the other team.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:38 pm
Cannibal Courtesy
I rage quit once on Lollipop Chainsaw.
Only because I'm absolutely terrible with combos. ;-;
the feels  

User_10273415

Justice Seeker

10,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Object of Affection 150

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:39 pm
Malacrai Nazo
I did it alot on older games like Sonic Adventure. But lately I've controlled it.
Sonic Adventure is an OLDER game? o___O Cripes, I hope you never have to play any of the ACTUALLY old Sonic games, you wouldn't get anywhere at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:06 pm
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo
Sonic Adventure is an OLDER game? o___O Cripes, I hope you never have to play any of the ACTUALLY old Sonic games, you wouldn't get anywhere at all.

You consider Sonic Adventure a newer game? And I have played them, and they were a nightmare.  

The Nexus Embodied
Crew

Perfect Sex Symbol

10,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Blademaster Banryu

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:14 pm
Malacrai Nazo
Blademaster Banryu
Malacrai Nazo

You consider Sonic Adventure a newer game? And I have played them, and they were a nightmare.
It IS technically one of the 'newer Sonic' games, as in not 'Classic Sonic'. So it doesn't surprise me that they struck you as 'nightmares', because they're kind of not as good (the older 'new Sonic' games anyway)  
Game chat

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff