Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:40 pm
The day was bright, the sun was shining, and only a smattering of clouds dotted the sky overhead; the temperature was perfect, and the view was beautiful. "Perfect day to be at the beach, huh, Isaac?" The blonde said to his colorful friend as the pair walked barefoot along the sand, a guitar case on Abel's back and a pair of sandals in one hand. They weren't the only ones on the beach that day, though, as evidenced by the people scattered about and the fact all the benches were currently occupied.

No matter, he thought contentedly as he shifted the case off his back and pulled the guitar from it. He sat down in the sand with his back against the retaining wall behind him, his legs folded and his instrument in his lap, testing the tones while gingerly adjusting the strings, little by little. It wasn't too bad, though, considering he'd tuned it properly recently, but once he was happy with the sounds it produced, he settled back and began to strum. The idle notes turned into more a focused, confident melody after a few thoughtful moments, and not long after that his voice joined in. This was most definitely the best way to spend a day off.

Isaac agreed wholeheartedly with the unspoken sentiment, as he stretched out on the dry sand to soak up the sun near his owner, simply enjoying the ocean breeze and the music.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:28 am
Among the casual beach goers, gathered around the parks and the open beach arias, a portion of unwanted strip of beach. clustered with large rock that sprawled from an overhanging and beached logs seemed to have been temporarily taken over by a small group of trainers.
They might have gone unnoticed had there not been a burst of noise and movement from that aria, and two large pokemon burst out from the bend of the cliff. A horse, enveloped from hoof to nose in a raging flame, charged harshly through the sand, kicking up a smoking path as he galloped, charging toward a Kadabera who was floating in the air, shooting backwards while he faced the advancing opponent.

A group of trainers, headed by a young women with blond hair and in a pink and white trainers outfit, and a young man with a trainers outfit of blues and greens.
The trainers seemed to be calling out orders and cheers to their pokemon, furthering the clashing of the two primed battlers.
For a short time the trainers hung on every move of the battle, the pokemon themselves preforming to the best of their ability, flame and energy shooting high and hard well out of the range of any bystanders.
Eventually the battle hit its end when the Rapidash made a sharp rear and threw himself at the Psychic type, an explosion of flame and sand consuming the two for a solid five seconds before there was a "CRACK" of psychic energy and the Kadabra was thrown from the controlled but violent explosion and bounced into a smoking heap on the beach.

There was an eruption of noise from the trainers, both celebrating and protesting the conclusion of the battle, either way there was a great deal of noise from the excited bunch as they hurried to the two pokemon.
The Pink trainer meeting the no longer burning Rapidash half way and throwing her arms around his neck excitedly.
As the other trainer went to check on his Kadabra the group moved toward him, and the displays of encouragement from the other and his opponent showed that none held ill will toward the other.

After a time, more pokemon were brought out, but for the most part the group seemed to be simmering down, any attacks the pokemon preformed were light and simply to get a feel for them, or show off.

The pink trainer still among them stood among a small group of her pokemon, lingering with the other humans.
Though as the sound of music drifted through the wind, the trainers started to move in more deliberate and slow movements along with it.
Smiling at some of the others, she twirled, holding her hand out to one of them who just laughed and backed away, drawing another smile as she slipped into a series of elegant and very ballet-est steps and twirls, her Pokemon moving around her.
Rosie twirled again, glancing around to see if she could see where the source of the music was, before spotting a man sitting in the sand with a guitar.
Tilting her head, she smiled.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:44 am
He would have to be deaf or blind to miss the battling going on not too far away, especially with all the cheering, but that didn't bother him in the slightest, as he continued to sing and play. Isaac shifted, though, and moved to support himself with his elbows on the sand and his head raised so he could watch, a soft smile on his face and his countenance oozing relaxed contentedness.

Eventually, as the din of battles softened, Abel couldn't help but notice that some of the trainers as well as pokemon were watching him, and rather than stop and wave - since at least one of them seemed to be dancing to it - he refocused his brief, distracted gaze back to his guitar and continued the song, making sure to keep the pace steady, before it naturally came to its conclusion.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:31 pm
A few of the pokemon from the group were much more interested in approaching the man with the guitar then the trainers themselves seemed to be.
Among the number of normal looking pokemon were a few uniquely colored ones, among them was a curious looking Raichu that had heart shaped cheeks.

As his song ended, the trainers clapped his performance.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:01 pm
Abel found the pokemon's curiosity rather cute, though he beamed briefly at the trainers' enthusiasm, though he waved a hand at them, "Naw, I don't need any of that," he said, the hand returning to the guitar as a smile formed on his face instead, his fingers starting to pluck idly at the strings again. "I should be applauding you guys, your battling and your pokemon are awesome."

Isaac offered a bright "eon!" of agreement with his owner, in regards to the trainers and their pokemon that had approached.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:10 pm
The blond smiled brightly at his words but dipped into a graceful bow,
"Thank you!" She called with her gratitude, but started walking forward to approach the man "Not to discredit our pokemon, they work very hard at what they do." She smiled down at Kiss as they walked over, The Rapidash, a Vaporeon and a Lopunny following her.
"But theres just something about music."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:14 pm
"Yeah, they looked like they were really into the battle," he commented off-handedly; he hadn't seen all of it, but he'd at least seen some of it from his position in the sand. The topic of music was much more interesting, and he seemed to brighten up a bit. "Ballet, right? Do you just dance, or do you play too?"

Isaac pushed himself up into a sitting position so that he could dip his head politely in greeting to the pokemon as they approached. he said amiably with a soft smile, though he didn't say anything apart from that for the time being - he didn't know if they would be much more interested in his friend's playing, and if so he didn't want to detract from it with unnecessary or unwanted conversation.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:34 pm
"Yes!" she confirmed brightly, it wasn't a hard to recognize style, but it wasn't something people generally looked for. "I play too, but not really the Guitar, I probably could if I had the time to put into it, but I don't have much opportunity to play much anymore." She sounded a little regretful, but still generally positive outlook on it.
"Is this a profession for you? Or just a hobby?"

Kiss Kiss Greeted, glancing from the rest of her team that had come around over to the Espreon. She commented brightly.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:15 pm
"Really? What do you play?" He asked, now rather curious. With his love of music, he couldn't help but be curious. Her question of his profession, though, drew a short, soft laugh and a shake of his head. "Oh, nah; I just do it for fun, so yeah, hobby. I probably could do it as a job, though," Abel said thoughtfully, strumming a few chords, then shook his head again with a smile, "but then, I think that might take the fun out of it."

the psychic-type said with a quiet chuckle and another polite dip of his head, amused at her enthusiasm. He asked, though the question was posed to all three pokemon, not just the Raichu.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:26 pm
"I can play the piano, and the harp." She replied "Its been a while since I played though. She smiled at his reply "I guess it just depends on the person, I know what you mean though. You are really talented, we don't get to hear music on the streets as much as we should. Its nice when it does happen"
Rosie held a hand out "My name is Rosie,"

Kiss lifted a paw to her cheek at the complement. Opening her eyes when introductions went around. She looked over at the Vaporeon who had drawn herself over next to the Electric type, and taken a seat in the sand, pilling her pawns in close to her to sit taller, a gentle smile in greeting to the other Eon.

The Lopunny, who was paying more attention to the guitar than the pokemon, say nothing and made no indication that she was listening.

The larger pokemon lowered his head toward their lever.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:59 pm
While he was used to the piano - his elder sister played it since she was small - he wasn't at all used to the harp, and his brows rose a bit accordingly. "The harp? I don't know anyone who plays that, I bet it sounds lovely." Man, harps. He made a mental note to go look up videos of them later. His gaze shifted to the Lopunny, who seemed a little captivated by his instrument, so with a smile he began to idly play a simple song on it for her while his focus returned to the blonde girl. "How long have you been playing both? And dancing," he added as his smile grew a bit.

The Espeon couldn't help but smile at the name, though he nodded during the introductions. he said earnestly with another small bow of his head, though it was obvious that Pop at least was focused on the guitar, so he addressed the other three pokemon instead, a soft smile still present on his face. It wasn't something he had ever done much, personally, as he was more of a companion than a battler, but the sport did intrigue him.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:23 pm
Rosie smiled "Its not a commonly practiced instrument, such a shame though, it really does make a beautiful sound. They tend to be rather large, if you're working on a grand harp, so it gets inconvenient to travel with."

Pop dipped her head, frowning, but not taking her eyes off of the guitar when he started playing again, crossing her arms she stepped behind Rosie a little more, but continued to listen.

Rosie smiled at her shiny pokemon, letting a hand fall on her shoulder as she turned her attention back over to the man. "As long as I can remember actually." Rosie replied "Since I was old enough to take lessons. What about you? how long have you been playing?"

Pastin said, seeming proud at the comment on his battle.

Kiss asked, tilting her head.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:43 pm
"Yeah, those ones are pretty big - I remember they had one in the orchestra at my old high school. I can't imagine anyone traveling with one; it's really impressive that you can play, I always thought they looked pretty difficult," he said, his expression and tone as sincere as his words. He was, in fact, quite impressed. The Lopunny didn't seem that impressed though, but he continued to play idly anyway as he spoke to the normal-type's trainer. A smile formed on his face at her response. "That's awesome! My parents started giving me lessons when I was..." A thoughtful look flitted across his face briefly before he found the answer, "about 7 or so, I think, though some were a couple years later than that. I don't really remember that well," he said, complete with a sheepish grin, "but yeah. So that's like.. about fifteen years now, I guess," the blonde finished with a vague shrug. "Give or take a year or two."

Isaac was intrigued by the trio, his ears perked up as he listened to them attentively. he replied honestly, his expression bright. he began as he turned to Kiss to answer her question, an apologetic look on his face, the Espeon explained.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:54 pm
"There are smaller ones, but they sound different. Its a lot to remember, there are a long of strings, but its a lot like a piano really, once you know the strings its not so hard." She smiled, "I guess thats why mama started me on the piano."
Folding her hands behind her back and leaning forward a little when he started playing again.
"That is a long time to be playing, no wonder you're so talented."

Pastin said with a bow of his head.

Vahy'n took over She wasn't at all a stranger to this, she had had a deep companionship with the mother of her current trainer.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 pm
"Smaller ones too, huh?" He'd never really seen small ones before, only the large ones. Presumably smaller ones had fewer strings, which would limit the number of notes the instrument could play. It made perfect sense for different sized harps to sound different. "Makes sense though. I never learned piano - that was my older sister's," he said with a soft chuckle, though her compliments made him grin. "Aww, well thanks, that's awfully sweet of you to say. How long've you been dancing?" He asked suddenly, tilting his head as he adjusted the song he played on his guitar to a different tone and tempo to something that sounded upbeat and energetic.

Isaac smiled and dipped his head, but the Rapidash's words left him curious. His bright gaze shifted to the Vaporeon, and he offered her a nod and a warm, wistful smile in response. The Espeon paused briefly, regarding them all with a quiet curiosity before posing his next question,

Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff