Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:07 pm
Like every other morning since her first lesson, Dove had made her way into the shooting range, trading in her identification for a cold, black handgun and ammunition, her mind centered and focused on the task at hand. However, on her walk over that morning, the gears in her mind had been turning nonstop, and she hoped that the cutting sounds of the shots could help clear it, if not for the heavy seriousness that stood behind the practice in itself.

After a few minutes of walking that morning, she had texted a friend on her way to the range, knowing he had the full intent to sharpen his skills as well. While she hoped she would be focused on her targets, she did hope he had at least figured out how to use his phone enough to answer it. Curiosity was getting the best of her, and another distraction would be welcome-- if only for the practice of shutting it off at will, if she had to.

Now, the woman stood poised in the same fitted training gear, her eyes locked on the target in the distance as she fired a few rounds, her expression almost blank as one of the three hit its mark-- the other two just far enough to annoy her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:15 pm
Yuri had been making breakfast when his phone, which was sitting on the edge of the nightstand, made a noise he'd never heard before. The little smart phone buzzing and making a beeping sound as it fell off the stand and onto the floor. This commotion getting the attention of Repede who sat up and howled.

The man also turned from what he was doing to stare at the device that now sat on the floor. The hell? What did that even mean. Walking over to it, he picked it up and he saw there was a message. Uh.. okay.

After a moment or two he managed to figure out how to read the whole thing and eventually sent back a reply that was broken english at best. The damn keys were so small and he didn't care enough to fix it. Hopefully Dove would be able to decipher. The jist of it being that he would be there soon.

He made due on his promise and some time after Dove had already started shooting, Yuri showed up with his own gun in hand. He took to the alley beside hers and spoke while loading his weapon.

"Getting pretty good there," he noted as he'd seen her take the shots. They weren't perfect but she was improving. "Been practicing?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:32 pm
Yuri's returned message went unnoticed, her phone silenced for the time being and set aside.

A few more rounds were fired, before she lowered the gun and stepped back to look at the man, earplugs hanging over her shoulder, opposite where her long braided hair lay. A quick flick of her eyes fell to the gun in his hand as he loaded it, until they returned to his face. "Yes... Every day, for about an hour and a half or so." Though a lot of days, she had spent much more time there, determined and still entranced by the power in such a small device. "How have you been? It's been a few days," she joked. It was amazing how much could happen in only a few hours, let alone a few days, and she knew far too well that time apart could mean something had changed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:03 pm
"Huh you're serious about this," He said with just a hint of surprise. He hadn't really expected her to be -that- dedicated with learning to use a gun. But we'll he wasn't going to dissuade her. He hadn't been here in a few days himself but despite his distaste for firearms he knew it would be foolish to own one and never practice. Still he spent more time with his blade.

Once his gun was loaded and ready he fired a few rounds himself. The raven haired man then pausing to speak once more.

"All right," he told her. "What about you?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:11 pm
"You doubted that?" she asked almost coyly, pushing a few loose hairs behind her ear as she watched him shoot. With stripes on her sides and scars on her wrist, there was little else she could do but take defense seriously. Not to mention, oh, the fact that nearly all the people she could even think to consider friends had been put in immediate danger. There was that.

She watched as he fired a few rounds, again studying his form, listening as he spoke. "That's good," she nodded. "I'm glad to hear it... And I'm..." What was she? She shook her head, smiling a bit. "I've been...well. Better than I thought I would be."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:17 pm
"Guess I didn't have you pegged as a girl that would be into weapons." Granted he'd been surprised when she asked in the first place despite everything that had happened. He half expected her to be intimidated by the weapon and while she showed the opposite during the lesson... He also hadnt expected her to practice as much as she apparently was.

Huh... Guess he had some misconceptions about her. Not really a bad thing just unexpected.

"Yeah?" He asked at get confession. Again surprised to hear that considering how she had handled the last crisis they'd been in.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:38 pm
She grinned, and turned her face back to the range, lifting the gun to fire a few more rounds. "Yes, well. There's a lot of things I wouldn't have even guessed about myself, but here I am," she sighed, shrugging a but. "And I'm not entirely sure it's the weapons that I'm into." Honestly, she was just really, really tired of feeling defenseless.

Three more rounds fired, then a small nod as she turned to watch him again, giving a pause before speaking again, though her voice and tone were more subdued this time. "I'll be okay."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:44 pm
He fired several more rounds as well, again stopping when he had to reload. It was then that he caught her looking at him but said nothing about it.

"You don't sound completely sure of that," he pointed out.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:50 pm
"I don't think it wise to be sure of anything anymore," she said, shaking her head. It wasn't exactly something she felt like deciphering right now, not when she was so back and forth already. Her statement was only partially true, but she was positive Yuri was smart enough to understand. "I've been surprised in both negative and positive ways since coming here...Best we can do is hope for the best, right? Do what we can to be prepared for the next day, and accept the experiences as they hit us."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:05 pm
Yuri paused as he took in her words. Finding it odd as it seemed like she was trying her best to be confident and optimistic yet really she still had the same insecurities.

"Yeah..." He said, not really sure what to think about this girl who seemed to be trying to change. Granted he couldn't help but agree with her words.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:11 pm
She gave a half smile, then turned back to her own alley, noticing his discomfort. "Sorry. That's a ... little heavy for this time of morning," she apologized, before letting off a few more shots.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:15 pm
It wasn't so much discomfort as it was confusion. However he decided to just shrug it off and roll with it. He did challenge her to change after all. So long as it was good change he wouldn't complain.

"Don't worry about it," he said as he resumed shooting as well.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:25 pm
She stayed quiet for a for more rounds, letting him warm up. After a few minutes, however, she stepped up against the wall between them and leaned against his, watching the target closely, her eyes flicking to him every so often.
Now wasn't time for heavy thinking, and she wanted to keep practicing, but as they seemed to be on much better terms, she thought they might as well enjoy their time together. Not to mention he was previously trained in gun handling and could probably teach her a thing or two more.

"I bet you'll miss the next one," she said teasingly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:35 pm
Yuri continued his practice in silence... but as she leaned against the wall, his eyes slide towards her. His mouth twisting in a smirk at her challenging remark.

"Yeah? What are you betting?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:41 pm
"I don't know yet," she laughed, meeting his gaze evenly. "I'm just calling it as I see it."

She readjusted the arm sleeve covering the bite scars, and grinned at him again. "Any ideas?"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff