Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:54 pm
It was relatively infrequently that Luke passed through Camphoreon's rather expansive downtown area, and even when he did, he rarely paid much mind to the elaborate displays advertising various plays or films or concerts - he tended to take it all in passively and dismiss it just as easily. One large poster on the side of a theater hall had attracted his attention, however, and he had stopped and returned to it to take a picture to send as reference to Rosie. The poster advertised the dates and times for a ballet troupe that would be performing in Camphoreon, and as he recalled, she rather liked that sort of thing. The photo had been sent alongside a caption of a question mark as a simple invitation.

Days later, a cool summer evening flooded the theater district with the warmth of the dying sunset as Luke arrived at the place designated for their meeting. Having unexpectedly received contact from his father earlier in the day, he wasn't in quite the mood he would have liked to be, but this scarcely dampened his determination to ensure that Rosie had the pleasant experience she deserved.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:51 am
She used to keep up when the ballet was preforming and what they would be preforming, she couldn't tell you how many she had gone to, or even how many she had preformed in herself as some of the younger roles.
But when she got the text from Luke, with a picture attached she felt herself being surprised that they were preforming, mostly becasue she had no prior knowledge of it.
Give up one life, for another, pokemon training did take up her time after all.

The question mark with the text confused her a little, unsure what he was inquiring about, but eventually it was worked out that he was asking her if she wanted to go.
Something that she responded to with a very positive acceptance.

She knew where in the city this would be, so navigating to it wasn't a problem, knowing she would meet Luke there. Seeing the people she knew would be in the audience as well, becasue of how dressed up they were.
This was definitely something to look formal in, Rosie knew that well, and enjoyed the excuse to get dressed up, it had been some time since she was able to.

Spotting Luke wasn't difficult either, just where they had decided to meet, was a young man with red hair. Who else could that be.
Smiling she slipped across the walk way, making sure not to get into people's way and stepped up to Luke. "Good evening~"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:05 pm
Luke wasn't especially fond of dressing up himself; it reminded him of his father's little occasions, none of which could really be called pleasant. This and that were different matters, though, and he was reminded of this simple fact by the approach of his friend. He was aware, of course - for it was likely impossible to remain unaware - that Rosie was always pretty regardless of what she wore, but 'pretty' was in all likelihood the worst understatement at the moment. Beautiful was the first word that came to mind, followed by the recognition that it had been a while since she'd greeted him and he had yet to produce a reply. "Hey." Yes stellar work A+.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 pm
He didn't reply at first, she waited for the first couple of seconds as he seemed to take notice of her, smiling in greeting, though she blinked when his own greeting was delayed.
It did come eventually, and she grinned "I've never seen you in a suit before." She noted excitedly, folding her hands behind her.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:03 pm
A light laugh and a shrug as he pocketed his hands, "I don't really make a habit of it." Formalwear wasn't renowned for being terribly comfortable or easy to move around in, after all. He drew in a breath and exhaled. "You, though - you… look beautiful." Points for sincerity, but the execution was sloppy.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:19 pm
There was something about Luke saying she looked beautiful, even more in the half staggered way he said it, as if he wasn't sure how to say it, it stunned her a little, in a very flattering way.
He though she was beautiful.

Glancing down a little at the complement, but with a gentile shy smile, before looking back up to him.
"Thank you." her voice was quiet, blushing a little.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:42 pm
Okay, well, not five minutes into meeting up with her it was kind of hard to maintain eye contact, so it was probably as good a time as any to move on. "I guess we should head in?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:00 pm
Rosie nodded her head, smiling gently "Sure." she agreed, reaching up to brush a curl or hair out of her eyes, straightening up a little more
"Have you ever been to one of these before?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:32 pm
He shook his head as he moved to approach the theater's entryway, joining the small crowd that had gathered and gradually seeped into the building. "No, I haven't. I read some of the famous stories when I was younger, and I've listened to some of the songs, but I've never seen a performance."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:03 pm
Taking a couple of quick steps to catch up with him, the heels of her shoes clicking against the sidewalk as she drew up next to him, reaching out a hand to loop it around his, her other hand resting on his arm.
"I'm excited for you then, this group does incredible preferences, and this is such a classic story." She told him, clearly very invested in this kind of thing.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:09 pm
"Glad to hear it," he said, smiling at her enthusiasm. "It was kind of a whim, so I guess I'm not really sure what kind of expectations I should have…" He'd never had much interest in this sort of thing in the past, but it struck him as an opportunity to learn a little more about the things Rosie liked.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:17 pm
The blond trainer perked up, "I hope you like it!"
She paused as they started to make their way into the seating aria, allowing others before them to enter.
They too were lead to their seats by one of the ushers.
"Thank you for this, by the way." she said to Luke, as she sat down, staring up at the stage that was waiting to have its curtains pulled.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:36 pm
He made a quiet sound of acknowledgement as he took his seat beside her, the smile in his features expressing more than the wordless noise.

Eventually the remaining lights were dimmed to darkness, allowing the stage to shine as the curtain was raised for the performance to begin. Luke had never been particularly good with interpreting this kind of artistic stuff and gradually gave up on understanding the story in favor of appreciating the skill of the dancers and the effort that had gone into the production. By the time the performance came to its conclusion, the depth of his understanding was that it had been interesting and enjoyable. As the applause eventually died down and the audience began to make motions towards the exits, Luke took it as a cue to stand as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:07 pm
It had been a long time since she had been able to sit down and enjoy something like this again. losing herself in her appreciation for the dance, the story. recognizing a few of the faces on the stage and wondering for a time where she might have been had she kept with the dance.

It was bitter sweet realization, bringing bad fond memories of a younger more innocent time. though it remained a deep passion, it was no longer a priority, since she felt she had a much bigger duty.
Still, it was enjoyable to relive those moments again, if only for an evening.

A little out of breath, in awe and flustered with how touched she was by the performance Rosie stood as well, making sure to gather her things before she too followed Luke as they filed out of the theater.
"Ohhh, they just keep getting better and better!" She expressed gleefully, putting her hands to her cheeks.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:22 pm
The outside air was mild and humid, filled with the mingling conversations of the dissipating crowd. "I was never really into that kind of thing in the past," he admitted. "It was pretty amazing to watch, though."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff