Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:59 pm
Jerome would be a bit disgruntled to admit that he knew his way to medical in his sleep. He had spent enough time there to last him at least five lifetimes.
It was of some comfort that this time was not for his own visit, but to get the young man who he had just taken in to the HQ to join Team Rocket.

Twitchy as Jerome knew him had been cut pretty badly, and gone untreated on the streets of Camphoreon. Jerome didn't know a lot about medicine, but he knew enough that the kid should probably get it looked at, at the very least, besides, he would need to let someone know about the new recruit.

Jerome spoke to a nurse at the counter, and she promptly directed them toward an empty room, where they were told to wait for one of the other medical staff to check in on them.
Jerome closed the door behind them, glancing around the room, it was small, holding only one stool next to a cabinet, and a bed on the far wall.
the gangster gestured curtly toward the bed, indicating Zacharie the option to sit down, while he himself moved to sit on the stool, crossing his arms  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:12 pm
Zacharie hated the doctor's office.
Ironic, huh?

It wasn't the office itself that he didn't like. No, he was very fond of the smell of antiseptics and the sterile, white rooms. What he hated were the actual doctors. Most of them had no idea what they were talking about. Sure, they could diagnose your symptoms and tell you what was wrong with you, but nine out of ten they were s**t at prescribing medicines. And that was the most important part. They wrote you prescriptions without knowing if they interacted with your other medications even though they knew you were taking them. The fact that most medicines that they prescribed were riddled with chemicals that did more harm than actual good. Why use manufactured chemicals when natural chemicals worked just as well?

He could do their job so much better.

But Jerome had suggested that he get his injuries looked at and he admitted that the older man was right. When Jerome motioned over to the uncomfortable bed in the corner he let out a loud, put upon sigh but shuffled over and hopped up onto it all the same. Frowning at the loud crinkling of the stiff paper beneath him.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:32 pm
Jerome remained silent as they waited, glancing around the room with half interest in the few things that were placed in the very very boring room.
you would never guess this was as high tech as it was. The Rocket medical staff really knew how to get the agents back up on their feet and on the field again.
Despite telling Jerome he never would be able to be on the field again.
More then a year ago, in a room much like this.

He frowned lightly, glancing at the door as it opened and one of the doctors stepped in holding a chart and wearing a small confused frown on his face.
He looked first at Jerome, blinking as if surprised to see him there, though quickly moved to the smaller boy in the room.
"... He's not in the systems."

"Ye" Jerome grunted, pushing himself to his feet and facing the doctor. "Ain't got his recrutment papers yet. Kids new, brought em in from the streets."

The Doctor looked again at Zachari with a bit more understanding "Ah, fresh meat then? Whats your name?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:57 pm
Fidgeting uncomfortably, the teen nervously chewed on his bottom lip. When the door to the room suddenly opened he jumped about a foot off of the bed but quickly schooled his expression into one of vaguely irritated indifference. "...Zacharie Dubois." He muttered, crossing his arms over his chest. He didn't like being called 'fresh meat', not one bit. It certainly didn't help his uneasiness about the people he was going to be meeting. Were there going to be idiotic initiations like he'd seen from the various different club when he had still attended school?

He hadn't left one group of idiots just to end up with another.

"Look, all I need is some antibiotic creme and some aspirin to keep my fever down. I can take care of the rest myself." He said haughtily with a scowl. He highly doubted that the doctor could do anything that he himself couldn't do in the safety of a clean bathroom. No one else needed to see the cuts.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:05 pm
The Doctor scribbled on the notepad he had brought in with him, filling out the boys name very obviously on the paper.
Though he looked back up when the boy started talking again, an eyebrow arching as the pen he was holding was clicked closed and returned into the coat pocket with a red R on it.
"Alright, well let me look at it first, and then you can deal with it from there at least."

He didn't seem to surprised by the kids tart reply, they were in Rocket after all.
Taking the stool that Jerome had previously been sitting in he pulled it over and sat down, gesturing for Zacharie to face him.
"So what? are you looking to join the medical team when you pass Trainee or something?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:16 pm
Zacharie recoiled as the doctor settling next to him, his scowl morphing into a frown. "I told you, I can take care of it myself." He snapped, his hand automatically coming up to press his bangs more firmly over his face. He tried to hide the wince of pain the pressure cause, but he knew it was obvious. "You don't need to look at anything." He said firmly, scooting back to the edge of the bed. He knew he shouldn't have come to see the doctor, he knew that he'd want to see. Well no one was going to see if he had any say in the matter, and considering it was his face...he had a say indeed. It was bad enough that Jerome had seen him all battered and weak. It was indeed a blow to his pride.

The question caught him mildly off guard.

"...Yes." He relaxed slightly but didn't bring his hand down from covering his face. "I could join the medical team now but Jerome said that training is mandatory." He huffed, his scowl returning full force.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:16 pm
He blinked at the kids resolution to not to be looked at seemed to be very firm.
Letting out a sigh the doctor reached his hands up. "Well I'm sorry kid, but I'm not going to be giving you anything until I can confirm that there is a problem, unforgettably that IS policy. If you want to take care of it after that, then that's your own business.

He stood up, "Medical huh? Hope you've got what it takes." He grinned, though, glad to hear more Rockets interested in medical, there were not many of them.
"So, are we done here? or are you going to let me take a peek before big dark and... actually pretty nice does taking you to get a red uniform on?"

Jerome snorted at the doctor. Letting Zacharie make his own choice on if he wanted to be looked at by the doctor.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:32 pm
Why couldn't people just listen to him?
He needed that aspirin and antibiotic creme, it was plain and simple. He doubted he'd be able to steal it from a criminal organization (not that he wanted to try any time soon) and who knew where else he'd be able to get some. Why was the doctor being so...so difficult!? He dug his nails into the skin beneath his bangs out of frustration and bit back the angry rant he could feel coming.

"...Fine." He snapped, roughly pulling his bangs back from his face so the doctor could see. "There, are you happy?" He snarled, glaring heatedly at the man in the white coat. He struggled to pull himself together, to school his expression into something angry and intimidating....but while trying to hold back frustrated tears he doubted that's what he looked like. "Now give me the damned creme and aspirin!"  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 pm
The doctor didn't seem at all impressed with the boys attitude, and chose to say nothing when the kid finally chose to give in, and pulled his bangs away so that he could take a look at what was hidden underneath.
the look on his face showed that he wasn't expecting to see something as nasty as it was. but he just sighed at the kids stubbornness and mouth.
"that wasn't so hard now was it." He said. the new recruit had yet to go through training, maybe that would put the temper of his in check.

Stepping over to the cabinet, the doctor unlocked it, and pulled out a small bottle and a tube. placing them in a bag and turning to hand them to Zacharie.
"don't come hurrying back here." He pointed out, then looked over to Jerome "Tired of seeing you too, don't make a habit of this."
He said, though in a much more good natured way, as if he was joking around with the Gangster.

Jerome shrugged "ain't aimin' too" Jerome said holding his hands up. then looking over to Zacharie as the doctor made his way out of the room.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:52 pm
Zacharie bit back the snarky remark that was on the tip of his tongue and accepted the bag that was handed to him. That was it....Seriously? All he did was glance at them! Screw procedure, if all he was going to do was ascertain that he indeed had injuries he probably should've paid attention to the god damn BLOOD caked in his bangs! Silently fuming, the teen watched the exchange between Jerome and the doctor with a scowl. As the doctor went to leave the room, he jolted out of his angry thoughts. "Wait!" He exclaimed, hopping off of the stupid table and stumbling a bit from dizziness. "An eye patch...I could use an eye patch for when the cut on my eye starts healing." He said, holding out the little, white bag for the doctor to put it in. "Even just some gauze would be alright, I suppose."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:12 pm
The doctor paused just outside the door and glanced into the room, his eyes half lidded with exasperation. "How about this. You stop self diagnosing, sit down, shut your mouth and let me do my job, and I will properly assess what you do and do not need." He said pointedly "I don't know where you come from, but you're in Team Rocket now, and you technically don't even register as one of us yet. You're lucky enough I'm doing this much for you." The doctor said, without even turning toward him, being very blunt.
"Otherwise I don't care, you go off to training with the rest of the trainees. You think I don't have other very serious injuries to deal with?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 pm
"...You don't care?" He repeated softly, his grip on the little bag tightening until his knuckles turned white. He was so angry and it was obvious in the way that he tensed and trembled. He'd never felt so furious. He couldn't even remember being this angry when his father had confronted him, had left him with these marks. "You...don't care?" He said, a bit louder. He tried to take a deep breath, tried to step back from the consuming hurt and rage...it broke free anyway. "<******** YOU!" He shouted, rearing back and nearly toppling over the stool. "You don't want to help fine, it's not like I've ever needed anyone else's help before. I'll do it all by myself just like I always have!" He spat, throwing the bag of creme and aspirin onto the ground with all of the force he could muster out of his fever weak muscles. "You and everyone else can <******** OFF because I don't need anyone!" He let out an angered, frustrated shriek before snatching his messenger bag off of the ground and shoving past the doctor and out of the way Jerome had led him through.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:53 pm
His brow furrowing the doctor let out a hefty sigh when the purple haired boy started yelling and swearing. frowning as he watched him throw his little tantrum and start out.
"Damn it Tyron, where the hell did you dig this one up?"

Jerome too had looked over at Zacharie as his temper grew, and he was suddenly screaming at the doc. his eyes widening a little in surprise, he remained silent though, all the way up to the point when Zacharie had stormed out of the room. Looking at the doctor when he was addressed.
"Same place s'me." Jerome grunted to the doctor, then started after Zacharie

Having to jog a bit to catch up with Zacharie, the more fit male reached out to tap a knuckle on his shoulder to try and get his attention.
"Yo, Twitchy, slow yer roll there a sec." he more requested, in as mellow a voice as he usually had. "C'mon, level with me."  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:14 pm
Cursing under his breath, Zacharie furiously wiped at the tears making their way down his cheeks. He didn't need that idiot's help, he didn't anyone's help. He was perfectly capable of taking care of himself, he didn't know why he'd bothered to come here. At the tap on his shoulder he jerked around, ready to tear into whoever had bothered him but paused when he saw that Jerome had followed after him. The teen faltered, his shoulders sagging a bit before he tensed back up defensively. "...Are you going to yell at me? Smack me around for yelling at that idiot?" He muttered, clutching at the strap of his bag. "Go ahead, I don't care." He said softly, lowering his gaze to the floor.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:45 pm
Jerome didn't expect Zacharie to react calmly toward him at first, not after everything he had been through already, and how upset he seemed now. But it was easy to tell that he had not expected the words that followed, from the way his head jerked back, the dread locks strands swaying in front of widening ******** Twitch." He said through a heavy sigh "Ain't ganna hit ya. N'like ******** ya don't care."

Reaching up to run a hand almost nervously over the shaved half of his head, inked eyes not leaving the purple haired bangs covering up the eyes and cut.
"Ain't ganna yell at cha' r'nothin' but ya need to slow up."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces