Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:36 pm
With new information and plans in her mental agenda, Dove found herself again heading again further into the town, Lovey at her heels and her phone pressed to her ear, her mood calm and much more mellow than it had been that of much of her past few weeks. She walked with an easy pace, glancing into windows and at the people around her, hoping the girl on the other line would pick up. Though the staff member-- the one that had surprised her with the fact that Nicolette had staff people in her home-- had been wonderfully polite, it had been a little unsettling to find herself wading so close to something so familiar. Something that reminded her so much of home. However, she waited for the inevitable, assuming that she would probably be met with the voice of the maid, if anyone were to answer. That's how things like that worked, anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:46 pm
Unfortunately for Dove, the voice on the other line once it picked up was that of the maid. She answered in soft, demure tones, not quite uninterested in the other person, but not exactly interested, either. "Hello, this is the house of miss Nicolette Lachapelle," she began; unlike the young lady of the house, she knew to speak English in Kodo due to the fact most people in Kodo didn't know French at all. She paused briefly after her quick and practiced phrase, then added in similar tones, "Who may I say is calling?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:07 pm
Mm, such formality. Dove saved herself from sighing into the phone, though she shook her head a little fondly. Of course it was the maid, but at least with the promise of her question, she now knew Nicolette was likely in. Unless the maid planned to tell someone else she was calling.

"Dove, a friend of Nicolette's," she offered gently, also practiced but with a bit of a shier tone-- her title she had given wasn't entirely true, but she had little idea how else to describe herself in relation to the other girl. She had only met Nicolette once, afterall, and while she seemed sweet and someone she would really enjoy getting to know, a lot had happened between then and now, and Dove wasn't entirely comfortable calling someone so honestly unfamiliar a friend. Never the less, she continued. "I called yesterday, when she wasn't available, and was hoping she might be available today."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:38 pm
"Ah yes, I remember," the woman replied evenly, and the sound of a paper rustling could be heard from her side. "One moment, please." And with that, the receiver was placed with a light click on a flat surface.

It wasn't too long before it was hurriedly picked up once more, with a much younger, vibrant voice on the other line. "Bonjour!" The girl greeted brightly, grasping the phone with both hands. "This is Nicolette speaking. Is this Dove?" Her maid had said so, yes, but she wanted to make sure nonetheless. It would seem a little rude not to, she figured.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:15 pm
A quick word of thanks was offered as the woman excused herself. Patiently, Dove stepped along the sidewalk, watching Lovey's tail absently.

When Nicolette came to the phone, however, she paused, grinning and the girl's enthusiastic voice. Again, the words were formal, but again, Dove couldn't find herself hating it completely. "Indeed it is," she laughed softly, confirming her identity. "I'm glad I finally reached you! I hope you're not busy..."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:40 pm
"Oh! Oh yes - and no, I'm not busy at the moment - Justine told me that you called yesterday when I returned to the house, but it was such a late hour that I didn't want to call you back and disturb you," the girl explained, then added apologetically, "but I'm afraid - and I do apologize - that it slipped my mind this morning." Ohh, if only Justine had reminded her again... Oh well, she should have remembered - it was her own fault. "I apologize again for not returning your call. What is it you wished to speak to me about?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:48 am
Dove was clearly excited that Nicolete wasn't busy, though she kept her voice gentle, aware of the apologetic tone of the other girl's voice-- though a. apology was given as well. With a soft laugh, she dismissed it. "Oh, no no! Don't worry about it!" she smiled into the phone, it's really alright. I was just wondering if you would like to help me with something... A friend of mine has his birthday tomorrow, and I was hoping to make him some proper birthday treats." She paused a moment, gently waving off a vendor as they walked by, then spoke again. "He's very fond of sweets, and you seemed to really enjoy baking, so I thought it might be fun! And he's also from Grande Ile, so I thought maybe I could learn some recipes from your home country...If you'd like to teach me, she explained, hoping her idea had been alright and her hopes weren't in vain.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:53 pm
As her apology was dismissed, Nicolette nodded into the phone - not that Dove would see it - and refrained from insisting further. "Help you with something?" She echoed softly, though she waited until the other girl had finished - barely, barely finished - before she replied eagerly, "Ohh, I would absolutely love to help!" She had endeavored to keep her volume level, but she couldn't help that her enthusiasm - especially since baking was involved - was so thick it was nearly tangible. Already, a myriad of recipes, both standard as well as traditional Grande Ile sweets, were racing through her head. "Oh my goodness, that sounds like a wonderful idea! I would absolutely love to help, and to teach you some recipes!" In her excitement, she'd been tempted to run to find all of her recipes from home, but she realized after a brief moment that she probably should ask a very important question. "When did you want to meet?" Tomorrow... That meant sometime today, and the earlier the better! "In an hour, perhaps?" The young girl suggested. That sounded like a good time.  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:24 pm
At the excitement in the other girl's voice, it was all Dove could do not to laugh outright-- which she immediately failed to do. This was good! She had very obviously just found something that they both could enjoy. A smile was very, very evident in her voice as she spoke again and wrinkled her nose at Lovey as the eevee tipped her head curiously at the girl's sudden happy laughter. "Excellent! An hour would be wonderful! Do you know where the little cafe near the park downtown is? I could meet you there, if you'd like!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:11 pm
"Oh yes, of course!" The girl replied eagerly, her bright demeanor still quite evident in her voice. "That would be perfect!" She caught herself almost beginning the end of the conversation and instead amended her next words to, "What should I bring?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:30 pm
"Oh, you don't have to bring anything," Dove assured her, pausing again a little ways down the sidewalk. "I can pick up everything we need while we're out, if you'd like. Do you want to help me bake it too?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:45 am
Nicolette, who had been fully expecting to bake everything, faltered at Dove's question. That honestly wasn't what she had expected at all. "Oh, um, I kind of thought... I would bake it, and you would help," she hazarded - at least, that's what she thought the other girl had meant when she requested help - then suggested instead, though it ended as more of a question than a suggestion, "We can both bake everything?"  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:12 pm
"Oh, no no! That's okay! I just didn't want you to have to do all the work, since it's for a friend of mine," she immediately corrected herself, fully aware of the younger girl's sudden change in tone. A light laugh, slightly tinted with embarrassment. "We can bake together! I'll be your assistant!"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:01 pm
"Oh! Oh, yes, I see," she replied quickly, nodding hastily and forgetting that Dove wouldn't be able to see it. "Okay! If that's what you'd like to do," the girl went on, then hesitantly asked, "So I'll meet you in one hour, yes?" They didn't have anything else to talk about or plan on the phone beforehand, right? It was safe to hang up and go prepare?  

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:40 pm
A soft laugh, again, though the girl shook her head on the other end of the line, wondering if Nicolette actually was so silly and cute without meaning to be. The hesitancy was met with softer features, and she smiled. "That sounds great! I'll see you then!"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff