Reply Roleplay
[PRP] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:38 pm
After the fiasco that was the Pokemon Convention, all of the detained Rockets (plus one Ignacio Vizzini, who didn't seem to think fast enough to NOT stand up when the members of Team Rocket were instructed to do so) were shipped off to the local police station for individual questioning.

When it came to be Izaya's turn, he was lead to a small and windowless interrogation room. The chair he was forced to sit in was hard and uncomfortable. Set in the wall across from him was the standard one-way mirror, and directly in front of him was a table and opposite-facing chair. His hands were to remain cuffed behind his back.

The officers that had led him in directed him to remain sitting while he waited, and exited the room.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:08 pm
Making a face at the officers' retreating backs, the grunt sighed when he was left alone. He wondered if Faleen had managed to get away and if she'd already discovered Riviere's illusion. Chances were she wasn't going to be happy with that new knowledge.

Why had he stayed? Well, that was a good question; one Izaya himself wasn't entirely certain of the answer to. He supposed it was partly out of curiosity; that which his partner had pointed out so often got him into trouble but was also an asset to him as an informant. What did these people know about Team Rocket and about him in particular? What did they plan to do? Were they going to try to get the captured Rockets to talk? Not likely they would try torturing them.

Another possible, partial explanation was the fact that he feared the confinement to the base he was sure waited for him had he returned to headquarters. Yes, he would still be facing confinement in prison if not worse, but at least it would be a new environment with different people to observe. His last punishment as a Rocket had lasted long enough and he wasn't quite ready to renew it simply because Asch had chosen to spill the beans.

That was another thing. Prior to the convention, all they had known was that Asch had confirmed both him and his partner to be Rockets. However, as far as he was aware, only Luke and possibly his friends had been privy to such information. Sure, they might have told the police and/or the league, but then why had there been such chaos and confusion over whether or not Luke was his twin brother?

It almost seemed like their little group hadn't known what would be coming. There was always the possibility that maybe they just didn't anticipate people would react the way they did, but how likely was that? It wasn't exactly as though he could ask them, though, especially not now. Perhaps he could get some answers from those seeking them from him - if he could be clever enough about it.

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:43 pm
After being left to his thoughts for some time, the door opened. A bearded man with an irritable look and carrying a plain folder stepped in. He looked at Izaya with clear contempt as he neared. He inhaled in preparation to speak when the door suddenly opened again.

"Thank you, Detective Baudin. I will take it from here."

The detective looked even more crossed at being dismissed from what was likely supposed to be his case under normal circumstances, but bit back any retorts as he turned to the woman who had entered. It was the same familiar woman who had briefly shown up back at the convention, but who had left again after dishing out some sharp orders to the officers there. Now she carried a folder of her own tucked under her right arm, and held out her left hand for the one carried by the detective. It was handed over without comment, and the detective departed.

Once he was gone, the still standing woman turned her emotionless attention to Izaya. "So. A Rocket captured in Kodo." She released the two folders, letting them smack to the table as she moved to be seated across from him. "I am League Representative Dora Harrison. As I'm sure you are already aware, this session is being monitored and recorded," she informed stiffly, but sticking to standard procedure for the region. "Please state your name for the record."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:56 pm
The crimson-eyed man looked up with a bright smile at the unfamiliar individual who entered the room first. He was eager to listen to what the man had to say until a different voice spoke up. This one was female.

Izaya felt almost as disappointed as the man looked. He had been hoping to have some fun with that one. Even so, people were people, and at least he hadn't been kept waiting long to speak to someone. Smile carefully kept in place, he locked his gaze on the folder in the woman's hand and the one she accepted from 'Detective Baudin'.

"'A Rocket'," he repeated, rolling his eyes as he sat back in his chair. "You make it sound as if I was the only one. You know it makes me seem all the more suspicious when my hands are where you can't see them, right?" he asked, trying to nod towards his shoulder, which was the closest he could get to gesturing to his back. "Handcuffed or not, I'd have thought you would want them out in the open to make sure I wasn't picking locks or anything of the sort."

At her request, he gave her an odd look and said, "Luke fon Fabre."

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:19 pm
The woman gave a sly smirk of her own at the picking locks comment, and raised a mocking brow at the name. "Then shall we put it this way, Mister fon Fabre? Your Pokemon were confiscated, you were scanned and patted down for any weapons or other items, and even if you did somehow manage to pick those locks, this is a locked room with armed guards outside who are just waiting for an excuse to shoot you." She leaned forward, her arms resting on the folders. One label read in small computer font, "TR Member 727-1738". The other was blank. "And we both know very well that isn't your name."  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:35 pm
"Well when you put it that way," he said, borrowing her phrasing, "then why bother with handcuffs at all? These are pretty uncomfortable." He fidgeted his manacled wrists a bit before noticing out the corner of his eye with some alarm the numbers on the folder.

"Maybe you do, but then I'm not sure why it has to be me that says it for the record. Anyway, it's Luke I want to talk about. Is it him who put you up to this?" He thought for a minute. "But I guess it isn't very likely he would know about the others..."

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:57 pm
The smile dropped and Dora leaned back. One hand stayed on the folders, index finger tapping on the cover. "The handcuffs just make it a little more convenient then, I suppose." She seemed to consider something, not humoring the criminal before her with an answer to his question about Luke. "When it comes to Rockets such as yourself, the League is allowed to take certain actions. One action is to offer protection should the Rocket choose to cooperate and assist in our investigations. I could very easily extend that offer to you for your help."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:06 am
"If I didn't know better, I'd say maybe you just enjoyed our discomfort," Izaya answered airily. "Us being accused criminals and all."

He was quiet as she explained the League's offer, appearing to ponder it over as he slowly leaned back in his chair, causing it to tilt. One foot he hooked around a table leg so as to keep him from falling over. A couple of minutes after Dora was finished, he chose to speak.

"Alright, Miss Harrison, I'll cooperate," he conceded. "You want information? You've come to the right person; I'm actually a rather good informant if I do say so myself." He cocked his head to one side, regarding the woman before shifting his focus of interest to the table top. "Here's something you might find interesting. You remind me of someone I know."

Crimson eyes glanced up. "Only, she was a stick in the mud and preferred to deal with paperwork over people, so I know you can't possibly be her. After all, we're having such a delightful conversation, revelling in one another's company!" The grin was back on his face. "Tell me something, Miss Harrison. Have you ever been in love?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:23 am
Dora's eyes glanced down at the table as well as her name was addressed, then right back to meet Izaya's for the duration of his talking. Her expression had hardened by the end. "And that has to do with... what, exactly?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:26 am
"With my explanation, of course," he replied, not seeming deterred by the woman's severity. "Unless there's something in particular you wanted to know...?"  

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:30 am
Dora's smile was humorless. "Well, with a leading question like that, you now have me wondering if you're suggesting there's a girl waiting for you back with the rest of your crew."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:37 am
The man laughed. "Now why would I yearn for such boring, mindless idiots when I have an intelligent, direct woman sitting right in front of me?" he wanted to know. "No need to be jealous of anyone else. At least regarding women."

He rocked his chair a little farther back, almost falling, but catching himself with his foot against the table leg.

"Not that you're any more likely to answer this question as you were to answer my others, but...what are those folders you have there?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:00 am
Izaya was right: Dora wasn't likely to answer the new question. After a few seconds, though, she proved otherwise. Flipping open the top folder with the printed label, a set of photos were splayed and rotated for Izaya to see. A few pages of paper under what looked like a police report were left in the folder. "It seems you aren't particularly camera shy. Not that I'm complaining. You've pretty much built our entire case against you for us." The collection of images were all of Izaya. Some were from surveillance, others candid shots from civilians and their ever present cameras and phones. He might recognize some of them from Kanto, Sandalwood, and others from even earlier that day. The picture used to identify him earlier during the League panel was also in the mix.

Dora leaned back once the collection was spread before the Rocket. "Offer still stands for cooperation. What information can you offer me regarding Team Rocket?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:14 am
Blinking at the pictures, Izaya raised a brow. "That's a nice photo collection you have there. I'm flattered you've bothered to track down so many; you must like me more than I realized. But I have to wonder...what does any of this prove? I could take a dozen pictures of the same person in different places, but all that would really say is that I'm a stalker."

At her question, he shook his head. "No, no, no, you're doing it wrong. Where's the 'bad cop' part of the routine? Aren't you supposed to threaten me with the consequences of what'll happen if I don't cooperate with you?"

lZAYA ORlHARA

Chatty Informer

8,700 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Informer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Catzandbirdz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:28 am
"I really doubt I would need to bother with any bad cop here. This is Team Rocket we're talking about, after all. We know very well what awaits traitors of that association." She gave him a knowing look. "Even suspected traitors. All it takes is one headline and you getting off easy at trial to give them ideas. The Kanto morgue has plenty of examples for us to have learned from in the past."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff