Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:50 am
Working on robots with only one fully usable arm was... to say the least very difficult, especially when most of what she was currently working on required a degree of strength.
The recon mission to the Pokecon had left Faleen without the full use of one of her arms for a few months, that ridiculous Champion pokemon having sliced open her shoulder something vicious. Thanks to the medical in Rocket she was healing, but she was in the meantime restricted to dictating and organizing jobs in the Robotics department.

And errand running.

It didn't feel good to be doing grunt work again, but she didn't complain, understanding at least that this was a temporary situation. Though from time to time she had to take a moment to remind herself again, this particular time was while she took an information disk to the data archives.
The Rockets who worked in there had requested the new guide to the upgraded Rocket Dex, and seeing as everyone was busy, Faleen had offered to take it to them.

The Agent stepped into the quiet room, glancing around for one of the Agents to have them sign off for the thumb drive of info.
The Archives were much like a library in Faleen's opinion, though much of the information was stored on computers, making it easier to search and access. As well as making it easy to hook up with ones Dex or computer.

Standing patiently by the counter as the Agent running the aria checked the content, the dark blond Agent took a moment to study the room more closely.
she was in her usual Agent Uniform, pressed nearly and warn proudly, though her arm was being held in an immobile sling in order to help keep her from moving it,  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:26 pm
"...Gastly?"
Zacharie had to agree with his equally confused Gastly.

"I don't know, Essex." The teen murmured as he intently studied the keyboard beneath his fingers. He'd finally been given his Rocket Dex and had been told to get everything set up but...he wasn't particularly tech savvy. He had refused help from the Agent that had given him his new piece of equipment, the same Agent that had yelled at him and banned him from the bathrooms, so he was on his own. "...Maybe if I...?" Glancing from the keyboard, to the screen, back to the keyboard, and finally back to the screen he pressed a random button.

BEEP

He withdrew his hand as if he'd been burnt.

Okay, that wasn't it then. "Why are there so many buttons?" He grumbled, gently swatting his hovering Gastly away from in front of the screen. "Essex, that's not helping." His eyes scanned the rows of buttons again. Obviously the buttons for typing weren't what he needed...but what the hell did 'tab, alt, and ~' do? The purple haired male shrugged and extended his fingers to press another button.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Gastly Gast Gast-ly!"
Essex was right...this wasn't working out so well.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:29 pm
It was the beeping in the usually very quiet room that drew attention, followed by the muttering a scolding of what looked like a young purples haired Trainee.
Hazel eyes were not an exception wondering at first what the noise was about, easily able to pick out and be concerned over the sound of a machine in distress.

"What is that trainee doing?" The archivist muttered, his brow furrowed as he watched from behind his counter. "I swear they brake more things then we can fix them." The man started around the counter until Faleen lifted a hand to stop him

"Its alright" the agent reassured her fellow Rocket, "You go a head and finish what you're doing here, I'll go over and see if I can see if he needs help." And to check on that poor computer.
The man nodded prompting Faleen to turn and walk across the room toward the boy and his Gastly.
"Having some trouble?" She asked, glancing at the screen of the computer and freezing when she saw the error displays.
"What..."  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:55 pm
Zacharie nearly toppled out of his seat at the 'sudden' appearance of a blonde haired agent. Hadn't he met her before? He cocked his head slightly as he studied her before mentally shrugging it off. Oh well, it wasn't that important. It was obvious that he was having trouble, the computer was beeping and little, red error boxes kept popping up...there was no need to state the obvious. "...I have to set up my Rocket Dex." He said by way of explanation, holding up the little device with a scowl. "I was told to come here to do it." He murmured before turning his attention back to the keyboard. "Gastly..." He peered up at the screen intently before pushing the enter key with all of the hesitance of someone who had no idea what they were doing. Another shrill 'BEEP!' tore loose from the computer, making the teen jump before his scowl became more prominent. "Gast Gastly!" Yeah, apparently he wasn't the only one that had been startled by the noise.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:09 pm
Faleen's eyes widened when her presence had suddenly startled the young boy. She paused, blinked before he addressed her question.
She did recall him from before, it was the hair that fell over his eyes, once again leaving her to wonder just how he could see very well through his hair.
"Ah, Alright, well that shouldn't be too difficult to set up." Just a Rocket Dex, that was easy.
But the next BEEP from the computer when he pushed another button, seemingly at random that drew her eyes back to the computer screen.

"Was it like this when you got here?" She asked, leaning forward to frown lightly at the computer. "Come over here and try a different one." She offered, making a gesture to the one sitting on the other side of him.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:29 pm
"...No, it wasn't." The teen admitted, his scowl melting away into an embarrassed frown. That was all he was going to say on the matter though, no need to draw too much attention to the fact that he had no idea what to do with a computer. He preferred to do his work long handed anyway. Zacharie regarded the blonde from behind his bangs before nodding slowly. "Alright." He murmured, pulling his bag onto his shoulder and rolling his chair over to the next computer. Was this computer supposed to be better than the first one? He didn't think that changing computers would really be much help but hey, she was the one that worked here. Not him. "I...forgot your name." He said bluntly as he nudged his bag beneath the desk. He would probably need to work on remembering people's names if he was going to be successful here. "I'm Zacharie. We met in the cafeteria my first night here."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:23 pm
"I see..." The Agent stayed with the first computer as Zacharie moved over to the next one, the hand she didn't have bound at her waist reaching out to try and get out of the error screen.
It was just unfortunate that she was far less talented at computers and how their programs worked than she was with building them. Her limited understanding should have at least gotten it to the main screen, but as she typed away she was making no progress.
Goodness what did he do to this thing?

Straightening up Faleen looked over to the Trainee when he asked her name.
"I'm Faleen. Its nice to see you again Zacharie, I do recall seeing you with Jerome, and Izaya the night you arrived?"  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:03 pm
"Faleen..." The teen repeated quietly, half testing to make sure he pronounced it right and half making sure he didn't forget it. "It's nice to see you again as well." He nodded slightly with a small smile. He did in fact remember thinking that the blonde haired woman was actually quite pleasant to be around. "Jerome brought me to the Headquarters and I stayed in his and Izaya's room for the first night I was here." That had been...an experience. Shaking off the memories he turned his attention to the new computer. "Gastly." Essex whispered off to his right, motioning towards one of the buttons. The Pokemon knew about as much about computers as he did...so why not? Shrugging slightly, Zacharie reached out and pushed the little button.

BEEP!

Another red box popped up on the screen, making the teen scowl.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:13 pm
"Ah, I can imagine, Izaya has a habit of asking a million and one questions when he's curious enough, it keeps him informed though." she admitted, trying to set the orignal computer back to its original screen with little success. "I suspect they have you in Trainee quarters now?"

Turning her head sharply when she heard another sound of protest from the computer that she had placed the Trainee on, her eyebrows arched high over her eyes in mild surprise as she saw yet another displaying error.
... She had known for a fact that that computer was working, Hazel eyes turned to the boy instead.
"... Are you familiar with units like this?" She asked.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:45 pm
"Oh, yes. Izaya was very curious, but curiosity leads to knowledge." Zacharie muttered as he scanned the keyboard. "Yes, it's very nice. Very...quiet." He hummed happily. He hadn't run into any other trainees' so far, which was nice. He had been pretty frazzled when he first moved in, not to mention sick, the peace and quiet helped him relax. At Faleen's question he glanced from the screen to the blonde and then back. "...No. I don't normally use computers. I prefer to take notes using long hand." He'd never really seen much use for computers, he'd rather read a book or conduct an experiment.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:39 pm
"Indeed that is true, though there is a limit before you start finding yourself in trouble." A light frown touched the woman's lips, reaching over the boy to try and escape the error screen on the second computer.
"And some have a harder time seeing that limit than others." or they simply did not care.

"Hm-" the Agent straightened up, putting her only good hand on her hip as she frowned
"So I'm going to conclude that this is actually caused by user error." her brow furrowed and she frowned down at him.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:27 pm
A small pout pushed at the teen's lips, "...Oh." He muttered. That wasn't really surprising, he knew he wasn't good with computers. "...I need to set up my Rocketdex." He held up the little device for the woman to see. He needed to get all of the his little...oh what did the agent call them...apps. "I wouldn't want to..." He scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, "Break any more computers." He shrugged before turning to glare over his shoulder at his snickering Gastly. "It's not funny Essex, you told me to push those buttons."  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:09 am
The white clad Rocket remained where she was standing for a moment, staring from the screen with dissecting eyes, still listening to the trainee's concerns, and exchange with his pokemon.
"Hm... perhaps I have a more long term solution." she replied "As well as solve one of my own dilemmas." The agent muttered the last sentence before looking down at the trainee
"Are you schedules for duties right now? or do you have time to accompany me for a short time, I think I have something I can offer you to keep any further incidence with crashing computers."  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:25 pm
Zacharie cocked his head slightly, curious as to what Faleen's solution might be. He hoped that he wouldn't have to take some sort of class; he hadn't been interested in high school and he definitely wasn't interested now. "I've been told to set up my Rocketdex and then report back to an Agent for further instruction." He said, his tone clearly relaying that he didn't like being ordered around very much. "...So yes, I have time to accompany you." It would certainly beat going back to cleaning and other various, boring, tedious jobs.  

insidiousEnigma

Bashful Bunny

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:00 pm
Arching her eyebrows at what his instructions were the Agent gave a slight nod in understanding, The trainee's schedule were usually full of things that their leading Agents had them doing, nothing of real big importance but taken seriously nonetheless.
"I will make it quick then as to not keep you." The Agent lifted her gloved hand in a gesture to have Zacharie follow.

She headed first to the counter were the Agent she had been standing with before was holding a thumb drive back to her.
"Thank you, and I will be sure to submit a service ticket for your computers, I'm certain someone in programing will be able to sort out the software issue."

When she said that the Rocket's eyes drifted past her, finding the two error screens "Aw great- what?" He sighed exasperated.

Faleen gave him an apologetic smile, then turned to head back out into the hall.
"Did they just assign you a Rocketdex then, Trainee Zacharie?" Faleen asked, staring straight ahead as she spoke.
Even though she had one arm pinned up in a sling she managed to keep her posture.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff