Submit

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:18 am
After what would have felt like hours in an operation room--had she been at all conscious of it-- a girl had been wheeled into an isolated wing of the hospital, glass doors of the room of the ICU swinging shut behind the staff as they carefully moved her into the bed where she would reside for the next several hours... or days. Though the transparent walls gave ample opportunity for observation to the doctors and nurses that patrolled the halls, the sight was now obscured by those in the room tending to the patient, securing intravenous drips and monitors, checking vitals, and doing their best to ensure her comfort should she wake... though of course, from one glance, it would be obvious there would be little comfort to find should she wake anytime soon, though for now, they simply hoped she would wake at all.

A trip from the sands of the desert to the hospital via helicopter had proved to be her saving grace. Blood, too much of it, had been lost, her body bruised, overheated, and quickly sinking into shock. The team had done their best, and successfully managed to keep her alive until their arrival back in Camphoreaon where she had been handed off to the next team, along with the few others that had been horrifically injured in the explosion. Transfusions had been administered, shrapnel removed from her body, surgeries performed, and wounds wrapped and braced. For now, the best any of them could do for her was hope and pray...and wait.

Those wishing to visit, even a few days after the initial admittance, or be the first to hear of any news would be respectfully asked to wait outside in the waiting rooms, even despite heavy protests and pleas.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:43 pm
Get her some flowers he said. They would make her feel better he said. Those look too depressing he said. Yuri was about fed up with Flynn and his suggestions at that point and told him that this was his idea, but he would pick out wherever the hell he wanted. And if he didn't like them, Flynn should get his own. To which the blonde had shut his mouth.

His first attempt to visit Dove had been denied, but Yuri left the black lilies for her anyway. So she would at least have something to look at, and know he had been there.

It would be a few days before he would return. The man disliking waiting around with nothing to do, and instead busied himself with caring for his and her Pokemon. Granted he had to do some finagling to get her keys to even get into the girl's apartment.

Eventually though, he returned to the hospital with Repede at his heels and some pokeballs in his pocket. Repede politely waited outside the hospital. The staff didn't really approve of Pokemon in the wards and he hated the smell of the place anyway.

Once again Yuri would request visitation and this time they asked if he was family. To this Yuri frowned in annoyance. "No, but after everything that's happened we might as well be."

"I'm sorry sir, but for now only family is allowed to see her."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:57 pm
After the first few days, Dove had been stabilized, and though she remained in the intensive care unit for now, fewer machines stayed attached, and the high alert had finally died down a little.

While the doctors insisted family only were allowed, they had at least placed the lilies he had brought in the window not far from her bed, and as she had woken, amidst the slight panic-- that quickly alerted the doctors to her full wakefulness-- from the haze of pain and the atmosphere she was in, her eyes had fallen to the vase and she found herself calmed, if a little confused at first.

She had been asked questions that she found herself unable to answer in the immediacy of the moment, unable to actually keep herself awake long enough to form the words with which to respond. However, it was enough, and the doctors made their contacts again.

Now, as Yuri spoke with the doctor, a tall man in a handsome suit stepped through the waiting room, quietly distressed but with an ever patient look upon his face. He checked his watch as he, too, was stopped by a doctor, and calmly explained his situation, pausing as he was close enough to hear who the long haired person-- a man?-- was attempting to visit. With a slight frown, he stepped closer as the nurse made to let him into the hallway and lead him to her room, and shook his head at the doctor refusing him admittance. "It's alright, he can come with me," he told the man with a strained but warm smile, sparing Yuri a glance from the corner of his eye as he produced a crisp nameplate card for the doctor.

Might as well be family...? He never would have suspected her to make such aquantaince, given the way the man was dressed, but then again, he never would have expected anything else he had heard of her lately either. Nevertheless, he was intrigued.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:00 pm
"C'mon, do you even see any of her family arou-," and then this guy walked up said he could come with him?

Yuri blinked once, but wasn't really going to argue so he followed the guy. That didn't stop him from curiously, though discreetly peering at him.

Eventually he had to ask.

"Soooo... Who are you?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:05 pm
"Honoo Kazuki," he said with a broad--but worry drained-- smile, offering a strong hand for only a split second shake as he fell into step behind the man leading them. That done, he followed the doctor, but only after checking to see if the long haired guy was following. "And yourself?"

Though he hated cutting introductions short and making such haste of meeting someone, there were very obviously more pressing matters at hand. However, as they were stopped yet again by another nurse, he sighed deeply, craned his neck to look over her shoulder through the glass wall of what he presumed was his sisters room, then nodded politely and resigned himself to take a seat on the bench across the hall. Two doctors had currently taken up posts, checking on their patient once more, and both visiting men were assured it would be only a little time before they could see her, if she was, in fact, willing to accept them.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:17 pm
"Honoo, huh? That's a weird first name," Yuri said casually as he shook the guy's hand. "Sounds a lot like Dove's last name." ... Pause. Frown.

"Come to think of it... You look a lot like her too."

Yuri did indeed follow, and stood off to the side to wait instead of sitting.

"I'm Yuri Lowell," he then said at last as they waited for the doctors to do whatever they did.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:24 pm
Kazuki sat, took a deep breath, and leaned forward to rest his elbows on his knees, his gaze on the doctors in the room across the hall, a hand absently twisting the watch around his wrist. At Yuri's comment, however, he did offer a grin, and an apologetic shake of his head. "Ah, sorry. Guess I shouldn't be so traditional. Call me Kazuki," he corrected, looking over at him. "She's my little sister."

He nodded at the offered name. "Nice to meet you, Yuri. I'll have to guess you're a... new friend of hers, then?" He had admitted, somewhat, to saying they might as well be family. That was interest enough.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:33 pm
Oh. ... Great. Yuri made a mental note to be careful what he said around this guy.

"Yeah, you could say that," Yuri replied. It didn't feel all that new to him and considering things that had happened... well. WELL. He certainly wasn't going to mention that he'd slept with this guy's little sister. Cough.

"She doesn't really mention her family much," he then pointed out.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:41 pm
Kazuki turned his eyes to Yuri, then nodded again, his gaze falling to the floor when he pointed out her lack of family pride. Running a hand front to back to front of his hair, he sighed. "Yeah... I kind of gathered that, given how little she's spoken to us in the past year. Not that I've been home long myself," he said, his tone betraying his full confidence in the family himself. "I'm surprised they haven't sent anyone to collect her, considering what Damien said," he added at a mumble, dropping elbows to his knees again.

A few moments passed, and he spoke again, his tone still calm and warm, but hurt. "...She hasn't said anything?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:49 pm
Yuri might have been a bit sympathetic but the he mentioned something he cared not to hear.

He frowned, "Collect her..." The heck. Dove was an adult and capable of taking care of herself. Why would get family need to. "collect" her. Then a name that further darkened his expression. "You mean that a*****e she use to date?" He asked in calm loathing. He remembered that guy well.  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:56 pm
The aggression in the man's voice tore his attention away again, and he frowned, his brow knit in confusion. "Yeah, bring her home. They weren't too happy about letting her leave in the first place, all things considered, but she insisted long enough. I actually helped her argue for it..." he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck and very clearly regretting the fact now. His sister was in the ICU of an entirely different region, now, because he hadn't stopped her from leaving. At least she would have been safe at home...

Yuri's take on Damien, though, raised an odd look, and Kazuki shook his head, again, confused. "You mean her betrothed? Yeah, he came back from a visit with Kaiba Co. here and said they had met up. Said that she was unhappy but still not ready to come back just yet." There was little denying that her fiance was, indeed, an a*****e... but there was little they could do, given their restraints, and he seemed decent enough, if a little cold. Or a lot. At least the man could cut a business deal without a blink.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:06 pm
There was an undeniably stunned look on Yuri's face at that.

"Betrothed... As in... the future marriage kind of thing?"

Oh s**t. He could just hear Flynn's voice in his head right now, but something else didn't sit well with Yuri.

"I dunno about unhappy though. She's doing fine or... was anyway."  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:26 pm
The man nodded, and offered a slightly amused, but confused look at Yuri. "Yeah, though the last I heard from our parents, there was talk of annulment. The guy's dad is... 'Stern,' and she's been gone longer than they'd thought." His gaze became distant, and a slight frown crossed his face as he again turned to the doctors. "It's odd. They seemed kind of off before she left and they did agree to postpone the wedding, but she'd been okay, I guess. She always acted happy around him, anyway, even though without the contracts, I never would have bettin on her falling for a guy like that." A slight, warm grin. "She's a bit too emotional and free spirited. I'd hoped by helping her get the permission to travel, she'd be able to find a little more of herself... Never thought she'd end up in Kodo though." The last of his comments brought a concerned frown to his face, and his eyes again focused on the doctor's backs.

Another long silence. "What has she been doing?" Another pause. "...What happened?"  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:34 pm
Yuri listened in silence as Kazuki spoke and he found himself in disbelief at some of the things said while others just went over his head. Contracts what? Though he was glad to hear they might call it off. That guy was a real jerk.

At the question though, he spoke again.

"How about asking her yourself?"  

BlackPidgeot

Animal Trainer

8,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Fluff Rehab 200

Tori Honoo

Amorous Friend

6,650 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:53 pm
The response he received only knit his brow further, and he nodded, then looked up. "Yeah... I guess a talk is long overdue... We've got a lot to catch up on." They had kept in touch, but she hadn't mentioned anything like this...

As he thought, the doctors exited the room, and after getting permission, the nurse from before returned to he and Yuri, pausing politely before speaking to make sure she wasn't interrupting anything. "She's awake, but weak... The doctor has said he'll allow visits, but please, don't ask anything of her that might be too taxing. I'm sure she'll be glad to see you, though," she smiled, the attention mostly directed at Kazuki.

With a nod and a smile to the nurse as she left, Kazuki took a deep breath, then looked to Yuri, sitting a little further back in the bench. "...You go first. I'm not...entirely sure how she'll react to seeing me, considering..." He had no idea what she had been up to. At least this Lowell man would be more immediately familiar, at least, time wise. For now, he was just glad the girl was awake.

Meanwhile, in the room, the girl remained nearly motionless, barely reclined in the bed, but gripping the sheets over her with trembling fingers.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff