Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:49 pm
"Well, it's the same old ocean you'll find anywhere. What's important is," two fingers raised to point towards the nearby boardwalk and the city beyond, "what lies beyond the ocean. Right?"

The pink and white creature walking at the young woman's side, ribbonlike appendages wrapped daintily around her arm, voiced a disappointed "siiil" in response, earning a mildly frustrated sigh.

"We can come back to the beach any time, though… Preferably when it's not, you know… fall. It's cold out here. Not all of us have a natural fur coat."

"Vee." The pokemon's tone was critical, its ears falling back in disapproval.

"Are you complaining about my skirt?" The unwrapped arm raised to place her hand on her hip, the other brushing indicatively at the named article of clothing. "It's October. It's still skirt weather. It's just the sea breeze, gosh."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:12 pm
The beach was generally not a place one wanted to be as the weather started to become colder, but over the years, Rosie had found that that was a part of the draw for the certain crowd she was looking for.
Tough trainers, who endured chilled weather as a point of principle were usually hanging out on the beach, training, and looking for battles.
That there was the exact reason she was out today, the white and pink trainer sitting up top the back of her gray Rapidash, blue eyes scanning the beach line for the distinctive fashion of a trainer, or another pokemon.
Knowing she could usually find a good number of trainers to battle, she did after all need to keep up an income to feed her team.

As it had been for the last couple of months though, the number of trainers in the aria had dwindled to a depressing number, She had hoped to find more along the insides of the city, knowing that outside the city was being viewed as quite dangerous, but she was having no such luck today.
"I don't know Pastin... Maybe is we go further down into the city." She suggested, pressing her hands down onto his shoulders so that she could push herself up higher, peering through the flames of his mane further down the beach.

The Rapidash let out a snort, and nickered uncertainly, turning his head to the side to look back at her before he moved his gaze further down toward the beach.
"... Maybe if we can't find anyone else soon." She offered.
She knew he just wanted to do something, even go as far as to fight water types, since they were in the aria. Rosie would rather not search for battles from the shore, but she couldn't exactly just tell him no.

As they continued down the beach though, it was becoming very apparent that she might have to give in, and find Pastin something to battle before he got too antsy, she didn't like to take this much time being out, but it wasn't fare to her pokemon to waist their time like this.
Rosie was about to open her mouth to tell Pastin he could go down to the shore, hopefully find some Seel to battle, when someone standing with a pokemon caught her eye.
"AH! Pastin look." Rosie burst, leaning forward onto the Rapidash's neck to point "that girl over there, she has a pokem-... Oh my gosh that's a Sylveon!"

Rosie's eyes widened in surprise, she had never seen one in person before, though she had heard they were native to the new region.
The idea of meeting a Sylveon in person, as well as probably battling it spurred Rosie to tap a heel to Pastin's side, silently spurring him to canter over toward the young looking girl and her pokemon.

"Excuse me," Rosie called as she pulled up along side the girl, Pastin trotting to a stop so that Rosie could talk to her from his side. "I don't mean to interrupt, but I saw you from the beach and I had to come ask, but, your pokemon is a Sylveon, isn't it?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:42 pm
The woman turned to the source of the sudden address with an expression of mild surprise, her pokemon companion's tall ears rising in attention. As she heard and understood the stranger's words, a smile spread in her features, and she removed her arm from the eeveelution's appendages to gesture towards it as if in presentation. "Yes ma'am! This is my Evie - E-V-I-E, not E-E-V-E-E, obviously."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:46 pm
Pulling one leg over to allow the blond to slide off of the Rapidash's back, pink boots hitting the sand as she pulled herself up straight, giving the girl a smile before she crouched down to level herself with the Sylveon.
"Evie," she repeated "I can't tell you how excited I am to meet you! you're the first Sylveon I've met, and you're so much cuter in person then in pictures."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:56 pm
The Sylveon cooed a pleasant response, dipping her front half in a slight bow to return the greeting.

"Aw, don't feed her ego," the fairy-type's trainer said with a giggle, her attention falling to the large horse that had been the other girl's steed. "Ooh, and this is a Rapidash, right? We don't typically see these where I'm from; it's much taller than I thought." She raised a hand to wave at Pastin.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:07 pm
"I know ever since we heard about Kalos, everyone's been really excited about meeting the native pokemon, and Fairy type too!" Rosie admitted excitedly, bowing her head the the Sylveon in a return greeting before standing back up, still marveling over the way the pokemon looked, its moving ribbons and the bright colors. How could Rosie not love those colors.

Turning to the younger looking girl, Rosie smiled and nodded "This is Pastin, he's pretty big, he's bigger then my other Rapidash anyway." she admitted with a light giggle.
At this, the Rapidash gave the brunette a look as if he was smiling, tossing his head with a prompt neigh, before lowering his head to greet her, huffing heavily as he sniffed her.

"We were out looking for battles, Are you a trainer by chance?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:24 pm
"Wow, really?" the woman said, a hand near Pastin's nose ready to pet him if he seemed accepting of it. "Kalos has mostly kept to itself for a while… Weird to think that there are people who were watching us, let alone excited about it." Of course, why shouldn't they have been? Kalos had a lot to offer, after all… like quality television programming.

"Not by profession, but yes," she answered, tilting her head slightly. She raised a hand in dissuasion, her expression mildly sheepish, "If you're asking for a battle, could we take a rain check? We just got to Kodo not too long ago, so we're sort of chilling out for the day."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:42 pm
Pastin pushed his nose into her hand when she lifted it, nickering at the attention before he lifted his head to look over to his trainer.
"Mmhum~" Rosie confirmed with a nod, tilting her head slightly. "I was going to ask, but I guess this means that you're from Kalos."

Her eyebrows arched when the girl asked to skip of a battle for now, Rosie replied by holding her hands up and smiling "Oh its no problem, I just thought I would ask." Rosie leaned forward, looking interested. "So this is your first time in Kodo? Welcome then! What bring you all the way out to our little island?"

The girl was certainly adorable, if Rosie had to guess she would say about 15 or so years old, the Sylveon certainly fit the tiny trainer, they both looked so cute.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:05 pm
"Yes ma'am," she confirmed, nodding as she folded her hands behind her back and shifted her weight to one foot. "I guess you could say it's business travel? I'm acting in a television series they decided to film here. It's an interesting island, from what I've heard; I'm looking forward to seeing more of it."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:10 pm
Rosie looked a little surprised to hear that it was for business travel, her mouth opening a bit when the girl continued on to say that she was acting in a show.
The blond certainly sounded impressed perking up with a brighter smile on her face "You're an actress, That's always looked like a fun job to have. I didn't know that Kalos was filming a show here in Kodo, are you allowed to say what its about?"

Her smile turned to one of more fondness, nodding at her comment "I hope you enjoy it here."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:35 pm
She shrugged in response, and though the gesture was dismissive, her smile shined with pride, "Fun at times, yes. Often challenging and demanding too, sometimes frustrating, but I wouldn't trade it for a thing." With a sway of her hips she shifted her stance to her other foot. "It's based on a series of books - Meteorology, if you've heard of it. It's hugely popular in some book groups, but it never really achieved worldwide literary infamy like some other series. The basic premise is that there are all these mysterious weather patterns popping up around the world, and this small handful of people decide to investigate. My character is a pokemon mythologist who does research on legendaries."

She gave a nod in return, offering a "thank you" before a look of sudden realization overtook her expression. "Well I seem to have left my manners back in Kalos. I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Rosalie Dodson. It's wonderful to meet you, Miss…?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:56 pm
It was always nice to meet someone who loved what they did, despite how challenging and difficult it might be. It wasn't hard to tell with this girl how she left about her job. It made Rosie happy.

"I've never heard of it before." she admitted with an apologetic smile, tilting her head and giving the girl her attention as she gave Rosie a summery "It sounds like its got an interesting idea. I'll have to keep an eye out for it if I can."

Blinking Rosie smile and let out a little giggle when she heard the other girls name "Rosalie~" She repeated, holding her hand out "My name is Rosie Ewell."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:05 pm
She raised a hand lightly to her cheek, "Aw, it's always kind of embarrassing to think people might see me on TV or something, but it makes me happy too. I hope they'll air it in Kodo eventually, since they're using the region for filming."

Rosalie reached the accept the outstretched hand, her brows arching in surprise. "Rosie!" Well that certainly sounded familiar. "Is that a nickname for something?"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:10 pm
"Aww. Don't be, Its always so wonderful to see people preforming their art, and this way you get to share the story and your talents with so many more people~ You're so cute you don't need to be embarrassed." She smiled, folding her hands behind her back. "I say that, but I know the feeling. Have you been on TV before?"

the arched brows were met with a grin "It sounds like it would be, but nope, its not short for anything, just Rosie. I bet you get called that a lot being named Rosalie, huh?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:34 pm
"It is wonderful, and I love the thought of it, but it's so easy to spot my own mistakes once they're on the screen," she said with a laugh, shrugging lightly. "I've been on a few shows, but I usually end up playing characters with one-episode appearances. Most of my television work is in commercials - though I don't really get a lot of work in movies either. Meteorology is expected to be successful, so I'm hoping it'll be like a kickstart for my career, get me out of cosmetics ads and teenager roles." She moved backwards a statement to address Rosie's claims of recognition of the feeling, curious, "Are you a performer yourself?"

She nodded, committing the name to memory - not that it would be a difficult feat, given its similarity to her own name. "Yeah," she confirmed, folding her arms with a somewhat sour frown at the memory. "I don't mind it as a name or anything, but I got tired quick of all the 'ring around the rosie' jokes as a kid. Probably kind of a silly reason to be so finicky about it now, though." She erased the frown with a dismissive smile.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff