Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:51 pm
The weather was certainly getting colder, and noticeably so, but to no big surprise to anyway. Just a couple of days before there was the threat of the first snow of the year, one that had yet to follow through, but by the overhang of dreary clouds in the sky made it very clear to everyone that it was just a matter of time.

To one trainer in particular though, it might as well have been bright and sunny outside, and it wasn't becasue of the fact that by standing by her Rapidash's shoulder she was able to at least keep a little warmer.

Rosie was having a great day, well, she's been having a great week really, the clouds could hardly affect that.
She had been out training for much of the day, though she still struggled to find good trainer opponents, she had gotten some great team and skill building work done with most of her team.
It was sometime in the later afternoon by the time she headed back into the city, in time to meet a friend that she had made plans to spend time with.

In an aria not far from where Rosie was to be meeting Nicolette, a small creature with amber eyes was taking notice of the gray sky above.
floating in the air, her forward momentum was thanks to the pace of the man she had been living with for the last month, her tiny hands gripping tightly to the parka draped over his shoulder, allowing her to pay mind to only the clouds overhead.
"Its been like that for a while, you can't see the starts out at night when its like this."
Not that it was easy to see the starts in the city to begin with, nothing could replace the sight she had of them when she had first found herself out, alone in the dark world.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:03 pm
Nicolette had spent part of her day with her pokemon, and some of them had worked on training, though not that much. She was still trying her hardest, but as yet hadn't made any real progress. It was easy to think that Pascal was making some progress, but then again she couldn't be sure - it was a lot more difficult than she'd thought it would be. Still, she didn't give up hope, though she had gone home after a while to bake a couple batches of poffins with various berries she'd purchased that morning knowing that she would see Rosie later. As such, the young noble was riding atop her hornless Rapidash, and the bags attached to her saddle were filled with a few containers full of poffins, quite a few of which were still warm.

Alder smiled and glanced at the Jirachi clinging to his shoulder. His normally light parka had been exchanged for a heavier, thicker one to combat the chillier temperatures - and of course, its design and colors remained the same. "Yes, it's because winter's approaching," he said, tilting his gaze up to the sky briefly before lowering it to the sidewalk to watch where he walked. "It gets colder and colder outside, and the clouds cover the sky more often. Eventually it will snow. Do you know what snow is?"

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:13 pm
"Nicolette!" Rosie called out, spotting the younger trainer just up ahead on the street, clearly they were both just about to make it to their destination and happened to bump into one another.
with Pastin trotting behind Rosie ran over to meet the girl half way. "I guess we're both a bit early huh?" She giggled.

"Snow? ... Show me?" By now, the Jirachi would have gotten more and more in the habit, that if she didn't know what something was, she would ask the person to "show her." While most would oblige by getting the physical object, or explaining the concept to her, generally what this would mean was that she simply wanted them to think about the object, remember it, and from the feelings they had toward it she would get a better understanding of what it was.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:46 pm
Hearing her name caused both Nicolette and her Rapidash to perk up and look around, and it didn't take long for them to spot the source of the voice. With a bright grin, Nicolette urged Epona forward, though the Rapidash needed no such encouragement to close the remainder of the distance between them. "Bonjour Rosie!" The girl called happily, slipping off the fire-type's back once she halted. "I made lots of poffins just a while ago, and I brought as many as I could with me for our pokemon to share," she said, bouncing on her toes once or twice in her residual excitement about learning of poffins and how to make them.

Luckily for Alder, he'd had enough time to get used to the Jirachi and thus knew that he could merely think of it and explain it, and it would understand. Thus he frowned thoughtfully, pulling to mind the various memories of snow he had; the wonder and mild excitement of the first snow of the season, the cold and the need for extra warmth, and eventually the feelings of being tired of so much snow and wishing for spring to return after months of snow. Also present were thoughts and memories of various snow-time activities, such as sledding, snow angels, and snowmen. "You know what rain is, correct? Little droplets of water that fall from the sky, and how one might seem small, but when it rains, tons of them are shed from the storm over its course. Snow is similar - but instead of rain falling from the clouds, it's snow. A snowflake is a droplet of rain that has become so cold, it froze and created a snowflake. Once it warms up again, it turns back into water," he tried to explain. "You know how ice cubes in drinks eventually disappear? That's the same concept - they're so cold that they're frozen, and being warm makes them melt back into water. When there's a lot of snow, instead of everything simply looking wet, everything is instead covered in a layer of white snow. It's cold, but it doesn't hurt or anything." It was actually quite a lot to explain, and he could've gone on, but he didn't really feel like continuing until he received confirmation that it understood everything thus far.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:17 pm
"Bonjour." Rosie said in return, clearly not her native language but deciding to try it out anyway. She knew what it meant.
Rosie stopped just as Nicolette slid off of the pokemon's back reaching a hand out to greet the other Rapidash "Hello Epona~ you're looking beautiful as ever."

Pastin fanned his ears forward at the news that there would be fresh poffins. He said with an excited toss of his head.
"that's so nice of you!" Rosie said, looking over to Pastin who clearly liked that idea. "Thank you Nicolette."
The blond held her hand out in an offer to help "Want me to carry something, we'll go find a place to sit down."

As Alder shifted through his memories, the Jirachi payed close attention to the feelings he was giving from remembering them. There was a sense of wonder that seemed to linger with most of the feelings, one that she was familiar with... this was going to be amazing to actually see, she just knew it.
"Oh... so all of thats going to happen soon?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:16 pm
Nicolette beamed as Rosie replied in French, giggling lightly. "That's very good!" She commented as Epona nickered softly at the blonde's compliment, and stepped forward to nudge Rosie's arm with her soft muzzle. "It was my pleasure! I've been so excited about them that I've made them a lot actually, ever since I learned how to make them," she said with a light blush in her cheeks, though she quickly shook her head. "Oh, no, no; they're fine in Epona's bags until we find somewhere to sit, and we can take them out after. It's much easier that way," the girl pointed out with a bright smile. Yes, Epona's saddlebags made carrying her things much easier.

"Yes," Alder said with a nod, his purple eyes flicking upwards again briefly, "probably within the next few weeks, actually. There likely won't be much at first, but later on in winter there might be snow so high it's taller than you," the man teased with some amusement in his tone.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:33 pm
"Thaaank you~" Rosie replied graciously, glad she seemed to get it right.
Making Poffins was a lot of work, but it was a lot of fun too, Rosie didn't make them as much as she would have liked, so this was a nice treat.
"Alright, well, lets go pick a place."
It might have been considered too cold to stay outside for any length of time, especially if one was considering sitting down and spending a good chunk of time in the part. But, thankfully the two girls had Rapidash, as well as a small assortment of other fire types so that the cold would hardly be a problem.

"So what have you been up to? Besides making the best pastries in Camphoreon." the older of the two asked, leading them the gardens where she contented herself to sit on a healthy patch of grass, thankfully that wasn't wet.
Pastin joined her shortly.

From within the gardens, under a collection of bushes long since having lost their flowers, and ignoring the droll of human speech and the passer-bys, there was a heavy sight, followed by a head lowering down onto pink jeweled paws.
He said, for what seemed like the hundredth time to his companion, Though this time with a lot less gusto than he had before. The drape of ribbons laying lazily along his body.
It was hard to dismiss the growl of hunger from his stomach, though he did his best to pretend that it didn't even happen.

As Alder looked upward, so in turn, did the Jirachi, her mouth falling open lightly in wonder. somewhere beyond those dark clouds was what Alder explained was snow, and it would be coming soon. She was curious to see it.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:13 pm
Nicolette nodded eagerly at Rosie's suggestion, then followed her quite readily as the blonde lead the way to a nice spot on the grass. Epona needed no instruction as she didn't hesitate to lay down close to the girls as her trainer knelt beside her to open the bag closest to her, though she suddenly retracted her hands to cover her mouth as a bright, high-pitched giggle escaped her. Her small hands did nothing to hide the extensive blush covering her cheeks as she half-turned to the blonde to reply. "I don't make the best pastries in Camphoreon," she argued, shaking her head to emphasize her words, "but I greatly appreciate the compliment." Indeed she did, as she began giggling again as she turned back to the saddlebags.

"Besides baking, I've been trying to train more, but it's still rather... difficult," she admitted as she pulled a large transparent container from the bag, affording a perfect view of the various poffins it contained. The assortment of colors hinted towards the use of different berries to get different flavors. Once she set that down between them, she turned to pull a second one from the same bag. "Pascal really loves it, Agnes seems to enjoy it, and Angeline seems really eager to try it too, though Lulu doesn't really want to let her," the girl informed her company, the latter part in more of a conspiratorial whisper as she hunched her shoulders a little, a smile present on her face. After setting down the second container, she moved to pull out all of her pokeballs in preparation to release the rest of her pokemon. "What have you been up to, besides being the best trainer in Camphoreon?" Or one of the best - to her, both Luke and Rosie were the best trainers in Camphoreon. It helped that she really didn't know many other trainers in Camphoreon, though.

While she had believed it at first, hearing it for the hundredth time was like beating a dead Gogoat, and it was with a heavy sigh that the female of the pair flopped onto the grass with her chin on her pink paws, her tophat tipping forward rather dangerously as she did so. Rather than bother to fix it, she paid it no mind this time as her ears drooped a little and her feelers snaked back to lay limp along her sides. she pointed out with a frown, blue eyes flicking to one side to look at him. As his stomach grumbled, hers responded in kind, and her ears drooped further as her blue eyes closed. The boat had had more food than the people wandering around this city - where was all the food? She was hungry.

The redhead smiled at the Jirachi as he walked. "I think you'll enjoy it when it snows."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:40 pm
The delight from the other girl drew a brighter smile to Rosie's face, pleased she could make her friend happy. She did fully believe what she said though the girl had a talent for making amazing pastries, and even better, loving it every step of the way. "I think you do!"
Pastin had settled down behind Rosie, allowing the train to sit up against his side, bending her knees to let the bottom of her boots press to the grass.

"Training is always the hardest when you start out, But from what I've seen of your pokemon you're making good progress, they look very fit."
It was a tough road, Rosie would not deny that, but it made her happy that Nicolette, someone from Grand Ile was taking an interest in it.
At the returned compliment Rosie's eyes widened as she blinked a couple of times in reply, then giggled herself, holding her hand out to shake her hand.
"Now that is the best kind of encouragement, thank you." Rosie knew there were many stronger trainers then her, but she was still grateful.

"Uuummm, what have I been up to? well..." Rosie gave it a moments thought, her smile only growing more genuine. "I'm back to a more steady training schedule again, so lots of that, But otherwise I'm usually at home, with Luke. He's been making progress too~ So I'm trying to be as supportive as he needs."

He said, with a more air of confidence as he felt he now needed to better defend his word. He was fully aware of how many times he was saying it, it just... had yet to happen.
Taking a break here from wandering the city, faced with how daunting the task was, but not once regretting it. There was no way this place was bigger then Lumiose City. Noooo way.
And while his companion might be a tad bit whiny, something he was completely used to, she was after all from a more pampered environment, he was at least grateful for the company in this new world.

He was about to lay his head back down onto his paws, when he suddenly froze, nose poking up into the air as he puffed it feverishly. the jewelry clicked lightly as the pokemon rose to his feet in a crouch.

Glancing back down at Alder, blinking her eyes curiously before she floated closer to his shoulder. "Where are we going Alder?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:31 pm
Her continued encouragement only deepened the blush on Nicolette's cheeks, and she giggled happily again. "Thank you!"

She listened quite closely to what the blonde said, trying to internalize everything, then smiled again once she finished. "I'm incredibly grateful to hear you say so," she said, folding her hands in her lap. "I'm very glad to know that it's difficult for everyone when they first start, and that hopefully means it'll get easier. It's also been hard for me to notice much of a difference in my own pokemon," she admitted as she dipped her chin a little, then suddenly her mouth formed a small circle before she said, "that reminds me - I almost forgot!" She turned back to Epona's bags as the Rapidash snorted lightly in amusement, and the girl pulled out the pokeballs again before releasing all of her pokemon.

Pascal cast around briefly before he immediately made a beeline for the containers holding the poffins, but he was suddenly knocked forward as a Swablu practically crash landed onto his head, and he skidded forward in the grass on his face just a few inches, a short and muffled cry escaping him. Angeline practically bounced out of her ball before thoroughly shaking herself off, as if being in her ball for that long was somehow offensive. Lulu, unsurprisingly, appeared much more calmly and quietly than the rest of them, and merely laid herself down in the grass nearby with her tail curled around her side.

"Ohh, that's good!" Nicolette said while she replaced the pokeballs back into Epona's bag. "Do all trainers have training schedules?" She asked, turning back to Rosie, though her other statement made her beam once more - luckily at this point, she could control the feeling of wanting to cry at the thought of him regaining his mobility. "I can't even express how glad I am that he can walk again," the girl said sincerely, even reaching up to press her hands against her heart to give more emphasis to her words.

The Sylveon snorted lightly before lifting her head up, her ears tilted back as one feeler snaked up to wrap around her tophat and adjust it in one quick motion. meant it,> she said with a slight huff, If he had voiced his thoughts, she would have heartily agreed that there was no way this city was as big as their home city - no way at all.

Though, she would have haughtily denied desiring any company in this new place, even though alone she would've been terrified.

His sudden change in behavior alerted her before his words did, and she was already sniffing the air as he spoke. Her tall ears perked up almost immediately. she agreed almost breathlessly, eagerly trying to search out the source of the scent,

"To the store," he told her with a smile, giving her a sidelong glance as she crept closer to him. "We need to pick up a few things for the office."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:22 am
"It does eventually, once you and your team start getting the hang of it, and you know what your doing easier. Plus its not as easy to lose battles against other trainers once you start getting strong." Rosie added, perking up as the other pokemon were released from their pokeballs, taking am moment to enjoy their various habits and interactions with each other and the environment around them.

"Training schedule? Mmm... I think a lot of them do, though to be honest most trainers are out 24/7 doing their training, its more common to be out in the field and traveling and training. Its just that, in Kodo's case, that kind of thing is discouraged," There was a depth of disappointment in her voice, but was short lived as her usual tone returned "I keep a schedule becasue it helps organize my life style."

He wasn't sure how many times he had to reassure that as well, though whenever he came to this point there was always a bite to his words, not helped along by the fact that he too, was hungry.

Now however, they were faced with an opportunity, He smelled food, and as he took the time to peer around the bushes for the source of the smell, were two young girls. Both looked pretty cute, and you know what they say about cute girls; they can't resist the charms of a Sylveon.

He glanced over his shoulder at the other Slyveon, in an answer to her question;
With that, the elegant little creature slipped from the brushes, and with a perked head and smooth gait brought himself right up to the girls where he stopped, tilted his head curiously at them and gave them a small curious squeaking noise.

"Oh yeah!' The Legendary suddenly remembered, pausing for a couple of seconds "Like staples?" She asked a bit sheepishly, Not too long ago she had discovered the stapler, and what it did, going through a good portion of the man's supply as she saw how many she could punch into a piece of paper.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:34 pm
While Rosie spoke, Nicolette moved to open both containers and began to pass out poffins to her pokemon, then offered one of the containers to Rosie so she could pick one for Pastin or herself if she wanted one. "That makes me very glad since it's still difficult. It's good to know that things will get easier," she said with a bright smile. "It sounds like I might have to create some sort of training schedule too, then," the girl said with a thoughtful pout frown.

Something pink and white entered her field of vision just a moment or two before she heard the noise, and she gasped at the creature nearby. It was absolutely adorable. "Oh! What pokemon is this?"

The female merely made a face at him, though she tensed and her ears lifted straight up as he made motions to leave. She said in an urgent whisper, raising herself off the ground but didn't actually rise, instead she remained hunched close to the ground with her pink tail between her legs. He left her! He left her and now she was all alone. A quiet, pitiful whine escaped her as she stepped from side to side hesitantly, and when she could no longer stand it, one feeler wrapped tightly around her hat as she slipped out of the bushes and raced after her companion. The closer she got to him, the more relaxed she became, and the more her ears perked and the slower her pace became, until she halted beside him and tipped her tophat with a flourish at the two girls. A bright, hopeful smile accompanied her behavior as she offered a slight bow, though her words towards her friend were hushed and displeased,

"Yes, like staples," he replied with an amused laugh. "Though, I need to get a few other things besides those."

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:18 pm
As Rosie was presented the tray of Poffins, she sat up a little with a soft hum of consideration. As she chose a poffin she grinned lightly at Nicolette's cute round face as she considered a schedule as well "I would recommend one anyway." Rosie said with a light shrug, holding her hand out as she observed the different flavors of Poffin. "Ummm, Pastin, how aboouut this one." Plucking up a yellow one, she held it up to the Rapidash, who leaned over excitedly, snorting in approval and accepting the treat from the palm of his trainers hand.

At his delight of the pastry, Rosie smiled and reached to her belt to let the rest of her team out, though the sudden appearance of another pokemon drew her attention up, and her eyes widened as she found herself staring into two large blue eyes.
Jerking her head back slightly in surprise, "Oh! Hello there." She said, glancing around to see if there was another trainer near by.
"This is a Sylveon, Nicolette, they're native to the newly opened region Kalos." She explained, giving the eeveelution a warm smile and holding her hand out to it.

He glanced back at the female as she caught up to him, a small half smile working over his lips as she scolded him but he otherwise didn't argue back.
He instead turned his eyes to the two girls, both were quite sweet looking, the first was in very interesting style clothing, none he had seen on Kalos before even, but she wore the colors very well, It made her look a bit like royalty.
Cooing lightly again, it was the other girl who introduced them, clearly the girl was a more experienced pokemon trainer, he had to guess from her fashion.
lowering his ears back and stetting over to the girl who smelled of sweets, sniffing at her lightly before he smiled and cooed again.

Ears fanned forward as he turned his attention to the other girl, the first thing he noticed right away was that her trainers style was every color that a Sylveon was, he had no idea if this was on purpose or not.
"Veeeon." He cooed again tilting his head curiously, in an attempt to look cute.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:55 pm
Rosie's response was all but forgotten in the company of the pair of Sylveon, and she stared at them wide-eyed and almost gleeful. "Sylveon? They're so cute!" She exclaimed, covering her mouth with her hands before lowering them so she could extend one to the nearest one. "Ohh, look at their jewelry! Look at its little hat! Ahh they're so cute! Hello there," she said gently, the latter statement aimed at the two new pokemon. "Where is your trainer?"

The hatted Sylveon leaned closer to the girl in the fancier clothes, sniffing at her hand delicately before offering both girls the cutest face she could muster, complete with what she deemed her 'adorable hat-tip' that she'd practiced countless times back in front of a mirror in Kalos. "Vreeeeeon," she cooed, her bright blue eyes wide with hope and curiosity.

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:08 pm
They certainly looked like they had trainers, especially since one had bracelets and a piercing in his ear, and the other an adorable little top hat also had cuffs.
A quick scan over the park though and there were not trainers around that looked like they were watching or even missing the pokemon, at least didn't take notice.

One of the Sylveon's, the one in the Jewelry reached a feeler out, placing it into Rosie's hand, and causing the girl to jerk her head back around to witness what was probably the Pokemon's form of a handshake.
He gave her a polite smile before he sniffed the air again, stepping forward as he did so with growing interest.

Content to just float along wherever Alder went, not anticipating to feel something very familiar.
"Alder, wait Alder wait, do you hear that?" She called tugging on his parka and looking around toward the gardens. "Do you hear that? someone I met is over there!"  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff