Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUU Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SLEEP
  WORK
View Results

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:15 pm
Where as previously stated, Sunday is a fine lady...
Thursday is a saggy old crone with two natural teeth blackened by years of poor dental hygiene.

Tomorrow is my first double day for the weekened, AAAAAAAAND my schedule is about to change, I'm going to lose an ENTIRE half shift ; n;

Damn it.
Might gain every other Sunday off...but that's still being negotiated.

OH YEAH, the house is paid off now by the way.
We're going to be living here for another 1-3 years, Uncle's girlfriend is hopefully moving in with her younger daughter and new baby, after that my boyfriend is coming back to live with me, and we'll all be contributing to the bills and stuff. SO. That's a load off. c:

It's time for me to sleep now. It's been a long day of sitting in a closet sorting through layers of old clothes, trash, and dog treats the beast has buried beneath baskets and stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:18 pm
House paid off? your house? Damn girl you have it togather.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:23 pm
Sagebomb
House paid off? your house? Damn girl you have it togather.

I'm tryin'
Split up my uncle and I wouldn't have enough to both get homes and we're not turning a profit now for winter (though we've started soft starting some aggressive marketing) so it made more sense to just front the remaining mortgage and deal with the rest as it happens so at least no matter what we have a place to sleep at night.

Right now I'm dealing with landscapers.
Not so fun.
Really.
It's horrible Sage.
NO ONE SPEAKS ENGLISH and I sound like a jack a** when I speak Spanish.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:31 pm
Citrus Novii

I'm tryin'
Split up my uncle and I wouldn't have enough to both get homes and we're not turning a profit now for winter (though we've started soft starting some aggressive marketing) so it made more sense to just front the remaining mortgage and deal with the rest as it happens so at least no matter what we have a place to sleep at night.

Not so fun.
Really.
It's horrible Sage.

Makes sense, and yeah for everything going on, you have done awesome. I wish I had it half as togather as you do. I have nothing for my future, I dont know where I will be in X ammount of time, quite often. (Like next week I dont know where I will be).

What kind of soft marketing are you planning?

Yeah that happens when you go with the cheapest costs XD.

Dunno if I needed land scaping I would try to do it myself, or get my bro to do it (since he does landscaping stuff XD)  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:08 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

I'm tryin'

Not so fun.
Really.
It's horrible Sage.

Makes sense, and yeah for everything going on, you have done awesome. I wish I had it half as togather as you do. I have nothing for my future, I dont know where I will be in X ammount of time, quite often. (Like next week I dont know where I will be).

What kind of soft marketing are you planning?

Yeah that happens when you go with the cheapest costs XD.

Dunno if I needed land scaping I would try to do it myself, or get my bro to do it (since he does landscaping stuff XD)

Thank you, that means a lot <3
Didn't you just move? Or are you just in pursuit of jobs across Canada at this point and couch bouncing?

We're buying lunches for local businesses (we had talked about it in the past but never really got around to it, but now we've gotten started), and I've been at the MFalls chamber of commerce to try and get involved in their events next summer. Ordered business cards with QR codes on them so that we can pass them out with deliveries for smart phone quick access to our website (which I'm re-doing right now). It's actually really exciting, I have to post pictures when we get them in. whee

Normally, I would do it myself like most things. But me + hedge trimmer = surely a trip to the ER, don't own a lawn mower either. But this dude that I had up at the house yesterday told me it would cost 150 for my lawn and I was just like..."Naaaaah. I could buy a push lawn mower and just do it myself at that price."

The last guy I hired, well actually it was kind of terrifying. @_@

So, scrawny dude is lurking outside my front door, I'm leaving the house and almost bump into him and he asks if we need landscaping (the front yard looked like a jungle) so he said he would do us a favor and trim the hedges (I don't know if I've ever posted a picture of my house? But they're...intense), mow, blow the driveway, trim brush and stuff for 250 so I'm like, HELL YES PLEASE.

Anyways, takes them two days to get done, I pay the guy half at first, half later, and then he leaves, get his number for other deals and done. THEN I'm at work, and this other guy huge dude, rednecky, comes into the restaurant (my uncle had nothing to do with this deal and told them he could be paid there) and says that his boss didn't pay him and that he had pictures to prove he had done the work and stuff and I told him that my deal wasn't even with him at that wasn't my fault.

He wouldn't leave.
He's just sitting at a table, and I call my Uncle to come be my champion in battle because I'm nervous at this point and don't want to call the cops to have him removed or anything and the dude demands his 125 and of course my uncle says no, and then the dude threatens to file a lein against us. rolleyes

Of course nothing like that would hold up in court because we signed nothing, but it was just really tense.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:21 pm
Citrus Novii

Didn't you just move? Or are you just in pursuit of jobs across Canada at this point and couch bouncing?

We're buying lunches for local businesses (we had talked about it in the past but never really got around to it, but now we've gotten started), and I've been at the MFalls chamber of commerce to try and get involved in their events next summer. Ordered business cards with QR codes on them so that we can pass them out with deliveries for smart phone quick access to our website (which I'm re-doing right now). It's actually really exciting, I have to post pictures when we get them in. whee

Normally, I would do it myself like most things. But me + hedge trimmer = surely a trip to the ER, don't own a lawn mower either. But this dude that I had up at the house yesterday told me it would cost 150 for my lawn and I was just like..."Naaaaah. I could buy a push lawn mower and just do it myself at that price."

So, scrawny dude is lurking outside my front door, I'm leaving the house and almost bump into him and he asks if we need landscaping (the front yard looked like a jungle) so he said he would do us a favor and trim the hedges (I don't know if I've ever posted a picture of my house? But they're...intense), mow, blow the driveway, trim brush and stuff for 250 so I'm like, HELL YES PLEASE.

Anyways, takes them two days to get done, I pay the guy half at first, half later, and then he leaves, get his number for other deals and done. THEN I'm at work, and this other guy huge dude, rednecky, comes into the restaurant (my uncle had nothing to do with this deal and told them he could be paid there) and says that his boss didn't pay him and that he had pictures to prove he had done the work and stuff and I told him that my deal wasn't even with him at that wasn't my fault.

He wouldn't leave.
He's just sitting at a table, and I call my Uncle to come be my champion in battle because I'm nervous at this point and don't want to call the cops to have him removed or anything and the dude demands his 125 and of course my uncle says no, and then the dude threatens to file a lein against us. rolleyes

Of course nothing like that would hold up in court because we signed nothing, but it was just really tense.

Its the truth, in all your struggles you have a lot of stability and a lot to rely on. Even if that means continous hard work.

Yeah I moved from ON to AB, not really sure why, but they do have the highest employment in Canada. So I hope to find something here. Hopefully something solid, and maybe something I can get a visa extension with. But yeah I dont really have anything atm, and am just as some house I found on kijiji (Like canadas craigslist). Paid for a room in some random house for a week. Not really that comfortable here so I will look for somewhere else for next week. Dont want to really go into paying by the month until I find a job, just in case I find something somewhere else.

Yeah thats pretty crazy. And yeah in court would mean nothing, but that is a good show for a reason not to deal with people who come to your door, as that could have been a planned scam. Aka he could be someone who bullys after doing the work, for extra pay because they know they can use thier size, and if peeps do call they cops they can disapere and not really have lost anything.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:04 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

He wouldn't leave.

Its the truth, in all your struggles you have a lot of stability and a lot to rely on. Even if that means continous hard work.

Yeah I moved from ON to AB, not really sure why, but they do have the highest employment in Canada. So I hope to find something here. Hopefully something solid, and maybe something I can get a visa extension with. But yeah I dont really have anything atm, and am just as some house I found on kijiji (Like canadas craigslist). Paid for a room in some random house for a week. Not really that comfortable here so I will look for somewhere else for next week. Dont want to really go into paying by the month until I find a job, just in case I find something somewhere else.

Yeah thats pretty crazy. And yeah in court would mean nothing, but that is a good show for a reason not to deal with people who come to your door, as that could have been a planned scam. Aka he could be someone who bullys after doing the work, for extra pay because they know they can use thier size, and if peeps do call they cops they can disapere and not really have lost anything.

emotion_hug

Is your visa going to expire soon? Sounds like a good idea on the move though, go to where the jobs are! I'm still highly sure that you're going to find something soon anyways. c:

It really was, and yeah never going to do that again, I dunno I never really got a weird vibe from the dude I was working with and I usually go with my gut feeling about people. Though he was a bit..drug addicty if that makes sense. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:44 am
Citrus Novii

emotion_hug

Is your visa going to expire soon? Sounds like a good idea on the move though, go to where the jobs are! I'm still highly sure that you're going to find something soon anyways. c:

It really was, and yeah never going to do that again, I dunno I never really got a weird vibe from the dude I was working with and I usually go with my gut feeling about people. Though he was a bit..drug addicty if that makes sense. xD

It runs out in april, so I want to hopefully be in something solid by then which will apply fr a LMO for me to get extended.

Guts are often right, but some people can learn how to represent themselves in a way to cover issues they have (Hense all these storys you hear about...I thought s/he was a nice person but then they changed....they never really changed...they just dropped the cover).  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:52 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

emotion_hug

It runs out in april, so I want to hopefully be in something solid by then which will apply fr a LMO for me to get extended.

Guts are often right, but some people can learn how to represent themselves in a way to cover issues they have (Hense all these storys you hear about...I thought s/he was a nice person but then they changed....they never really changed...they just dropped the cover).

LMO?
All of that residency stuff gives me a headache, like when my over seas family used to come visit they would spend at LEAST an entire day bitching about getting into the country lol. I remember having to go with my grandmother to San Antonio to get her green card or something like that renewed, that was the most boring thing EVER.

Yeah I know about that kind of nonsense with my mother and stuff being all crazy~
She keeps sending me letters, it's so weird. She's never shown this much interest in me for a while lol, and creeper dad has been saving my facebook pictures and re-uploading them to his profile?
Uuuuuuuuugh crazy parentals.

/offsubject  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:58 am
Citrus Novii

LMO?
All of that residency stuff gives me a headache, like when my over seas family used to come visit they would spend at LEAST an entire day bitching about getting into the country lol. I remember having to go with my grandmother to San Antonio to get her green card or something like that renewed, that was the most boring thing EVER.

Yeah I know about that kind of nonsense with my mother and stuff being all crazy~
She keeps sending me letters, it's so weird. She's never shown this much interest in me for a while lol, and creeper dad has been saving my facebook pictures and re-uploading them to his profile?
Uuuuuuuuugh crazy parentals.

/offsubject

Labour Market Opinion, its a form a employer must fill out to the goverment stating that a canadian either isnt skiled enough, or not enough are applying for the job and as such they need to hire a non-canadian. The camp I worked at usually has a few LMOers each year, and one guy I hung out a bit with on the train, his partner was a recruiter for McDonalds and said he gets a lot of LMOers as well. My current visa is a "work exchange" deal where a canadian can do a similar thing as I am in NZ,but its a one time only deal this visa unfortunatly.

Yeah, I wish I could get a green card, but I have no way to be able to so...*shrugs*

Yeah your folks do seem pretty crazy. When I travel I dont really talk to my parents much, every now and again with mum just to check in, and I think I have talked to my dad once since coming on this visa. Not because we dont get along or anything, we just dont really have much to say to each other when we arent closer togather.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:30 pm
Sagebomb

Labour Market Opinion, its a form a employer must fill out to the goverment stating that a canadian either isnt skiled enough, or not enough are applying for the job and as such they need to hire a non-canadian. The camp I worked at usually has a few LMOers each year, and one guy I hung out a bit with on the train, his partner was a recruiter for McDonalds and said he gets a lot of LMOers as well. My current visa is a "work exchange" deal where a canadian can do a similar thing as I am in NZ,but its a one time only deal this visa unfortunatly.

Yeah, I wish I could get a green card, but I have no way to be able to so...*shrugs*

Yeah your folks do seem pretty crazy. When I travel I dont really talk to my parents much, every now and again with mum just to check in, and I think I have talked to my dad once since coming on this visa. Not because we dont get along or anything, we just dont really have much to say to each other when we arent closer togather.

Well that kind of explains the italian restaurant in my town then, or at least it does in my head. Can you re-apply if it runs out? Or would you even want to do that?

Yeah I remember you explained that to me a while back. I know my mormor and bedstefar were married, and he was expanding his business here. But they waited a LONG time even.

They are, my dad is creeping me out but nothing I can't handle, it would just be nice if he respected that I don't want anything to do with him lol~
Makes sense, I don't really have family like that but I have friends like family similarly. Don't have to talk everyday to have a good relationship. c:  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:00 pm
Citrus Novii

Well that kind of explains the italian restaurant in my town then, or at least it does in my head. Can you re-apply if it runs out? Or would you even want to do that?

Yeah I remember you explained that to me a while back. I know my mormor and bedstefar were married, and he was expanding his business here. But they waited a LONG time even.

They are, my dad is creeping me out but nothing I can't handle, it would just be nice if he respected that I don't want anything to do with him lol~
Makes sense, I don't really have family like that but I have friends like family similarly. Don't have to talk everyday to have a good relationship. c:

America has a similar thing but its a little bit different. Not as easy at least for me from what Ive heard. When my exchange visa runs out I have no way to get another one. So I would need the LMO which would be for a specific contract length of time. But Im pretty sure you can keep that one refreshed.

Yeah family, not something you can choose, Im lucky the ones in my family Im not immediatly related to, but I still have a couple in there that well seeing once a year at Xmas (If I am home which isnt often anymore) is more than enough XD  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:56 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

America has a similar thing but its a little bit different. Not as easy at least for me from what Ive heard. When my exchange visa runs out I have no way to get another one. So I would need the LMO which would be for a specific contract length of time. But Im pretty sure you can keep that one refreshed.

Yeah family, not something you can choose, Im lucky the ones in my family Im not immediatly related to, but I still have a couple in there that well seeing once a year at Xmas (If I am home which isnt often anymore) is more than enough XD

I would look this up if I wasn't on the slowest computer in the world, so for now, TONS OF QUESTIONS FOR YOU.

But then...how did you get the one for the camp? Weren't you in NZ before that?
What happens when it runs out? Does someone show up on your door step with a butterfly net and escort you onto a plane?

I'm lucky that I have a really small family, so there was always just the three of us on the holidays so I'm even safe there~
Though the most awkward xmas ever was when my mom brought her weird boyfriend and they slept in my room gonk
I was scrubbing for weeks.

/notcrazyIswear  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:20 pm
Citrus Novii

I would look this up if I wasn't on the slowest computer in the world, so for now, TONS OF QUESTIONS FOR YOU.

What happens when it runs out? Does someone show up on your door step with a butterfly net and escort you onto a plane?

I'm lucky that I have a really small family, so there was always just the three of us on the holidays so I'm even safe there~
Though the most awkward xmas ever was when my mom brought her weird boyfriend and they slept in my room gonk

/notcrazyIswear

This was similar to the one I had for when I was in America

My American one was a 1 year work exchange program where I could get a visa to work any job in america for a year as long as I had graduated within the past 12 months. In exchange a American could work in NZ for the same ammount of time with the same restrictions. As long as they are under 30 or 35 (on of those two).

The visa I am on for canada is similar with the exception that the person doesnt have to be a recent graduate just under the age restriction.

Basically if I dont leave the country before my visa expires (I actually think I can stay up to another year as long as I am not working, under a tourist extention), but basically if my visa lapses and I dont leave. My passport will be redflagged, and any other country (or canada) will see the flag on my passport when I apply for a visa (or even just want to visit) know I am a overstayer and most likly refuse me entry or the visa (You dont want to overstay anywhere if you wish to travel again).

Yeah that is pretty weird.

Of all the people who can show up to xmas at my nanas the number would be about

nana, robert, vanda (+3-5), mum+2+4-6+6, faith+2+3, jane+2+2?, peter+2....So say 35-40 people if they all show up.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:08 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

/notcrazyIswear

This was similar to the one I had for when I was in America

My American one was a 1 year work exchange program where I could get a visa to work any job in america for a year as long as I had graduated within the past 12 months. In exchange a American could work in NZ for the same ammount of time with the same restrictions. As long as they are under 30 or 35 (on of those two).

The visa I am on for canada is similar with the exception that the person doesnt have to be a recent graduate just under the age restriction.

Basically if I dont leave the country before my visa expires (I actually think I can stay up to another year as long as I am not working, under a tourist extention), but basically if my visa lapses and I dont leave. My passport will be redflagged, and any other country (or canada) will see the flag on my passport when I apply for a visa (or even just want to visit) know I am a overstayer and most likly refuse me entry or the visa (You dont want to overstay anywhere if you wish to travel again).

Yeah that is pretty weird.

Of all the people who can show up to xmas at my nanas the number would be about

nana, robert, vanda (+3-5), mum+2+4-6+6, faith+2+3, jane+2+2?, peter+2....So say 35-40 people if they all show up.

The more you know~
That's a bit surprising to me, the age restriction thing, are there visas for people older than that or is 35 pretty much the cut off for them? I'm sure they have a reason, but I dunno, that just seems pretty young to me~

What would happen if you couldn't afford to fly back?
That's something I know, if you want to travel places don't break the rules xD

Dang.
That is...a lot of people.
It still blows my mind that you can keep track of that much family. Sounds like more of a clan than anything else lol  
Gold Diggers and Pollwhores

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff