Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gold Diggers and Pollwhores Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild where you can do polls, polls, and more polls. Whist making friends and competing in numerous free competitions 

Tags: polls, gold, anime, active, friends 

Reply Gold Diggers and Pollwhores
What is your favorite holiday? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favo
  Easter
  Halloween
  Thanksgiving
  Christmas
  Any holiday is good for me
View Results

L0op1n6

Versatile Gaian

21,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Market Browser 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:47 am
heart heart heart

Christmas!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:41 am
I don't really like any holidays.
Valentine's day is a scam (though a cute scam), fourth of July I'm at work serving the pork-rib-bbq-sauce-induced, Thanksgiving is just food and I'm not really celebrating it anymore, and I've never liked Christmas.

Now seasonally I guess the Xmas season is my favorite...but I think that's just because it's cold.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:45 am
Citrus Novii
fourth of July I'm at work serving the pork-rib-bbq-sauce-induced, .

Sounds pretty amazing though.

For me since I have been travelling the past 5 years or so, I havent really celebrated many holidays in that time. Mainly because Im never really around family or friends (unless you count new friends), and if they are celebrated normally its me helping run a event. We don have thanksgiving or halloween back home, so I didnt really grow up with those. When I was young chocolate used to make me flip out so I only got carob from the easter bunny, which was okay I guess. Xmas was always okay, but Xmas hasnt felt very xmasy to me for years.

So I guess I dont really know. I guess I could say Xmas though since most people go pretty full out. And everything here is covered in snow, which will be my first true white christmas, so that feels kinda special.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:55 am
It's in two days cat_ninja  

Shannon Kyra Liannanon

Perfect Phantom

8,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:06 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii
fourth of July I'm at work serving the pork-rib-bbq-sauce-induced, .

Sounds pretty amazing though.

For me since I have been travelling the past 5 years or so, I havent really celebrated many holidays in that time. Mainly because Im never really around family or friends (unless you count new friends), and if they are celebrated normally its me helping run a event. We don have thanksgiving or halloween back home, so I didnt really grow up with those. When I was young chocolate used to make me flip out so I only got carob from the easter bunny, which was okay I guess. Xmas was always okay, but Xmas hasnt felt very xmasy to me for years.

So I guess I dont really know. I guess I could say Xmas though since most people go pretty full out. And everything here is covered in snow, which will be my first true white christmas, so that feels kinda special.

You guys don't do Halloween in NZ? o:
Is that just an American holiday? I really don't know about that one.

I've always wanted to have a white christmas, but...Texas. Yeah. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:07 am
I've always been a fan of Christmas, but I know a bunch of people whose favorite holiday is Halloween. I think it's the geek thing to do, what with getting to dress up. Perfect excuse to cosplay.  

GoldDiggingWhore
Vice Captain

Generous Lover

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:12 am
Citrus Novii

Yeah its just a North American holiday, stores back home have been trying to push it for years, and some people are getting into it, but its not really a thing.

Yeah back home I have seen snow flurrys twice on Xmas, but it didnt settle, not surprising since our Xmas is in summer though. Since its already white here I very much expect Xmas to be that was unless I move.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:37 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

Yeah its just a North American holiday, stores back home have been trying to push it for years, and some people are getting into it, but its not really a thing.

Yeah back home I have seen snow flurrys twice on Xmas, but it didnt settle, not surprising since our Xmas is in summer though. Since its already white here I very much expect Xmas to be that was unless I move.

That's kind of interesting to me, I just kind of assumed that was one of those all around the world kind of holidays. Huh~

So...it's summer there right now?  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:47 am
Citrus Novii

That's kind of interesting to me, I just kind of assumed that was one of those all around the world kind of holidays. Huh~

XD nope.

And yeah back in NZ its summer atm (well techincally its still spring summer is more dec-feb). Though its very much winter here in AB XD.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:26 am
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

XD nope.

And yeah back in NZ its summer atm (well techincally its still spring summer is more dec-feb). Though its very much winter here in AB XD.

That is so...weird.
XD
Well like, not really weird but STILL.

It's so cold today and miserable outside. I rather like it, but not many customers are coming out to eat this afternoon. Ladies don't want to get their shoes wet and all of that I guess. Even teh restaurant next door is dead and they're entire customer base is dine in. Last night it STORMED and I forgot to close the windows so I woke up at 3 am in like..an ocean (my window is above my bed) - ___ -  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:31 am
Citrus Novii

That is so...weird.
XD

It's so cold today and miserable outside. I rather like it, but not many customers are coming out to eat this afternoon. Ladies don't want to get their shoes wet and all of that I guess. Even teh restaurant next door is dead and they're entire customer base is dine in. Last night it STORMED and I forgot to close the windows so I woke up at 3 am in like..an ocean (my window is above my bed) - ___ -

Gutted, yeah when I worked retail weather would make a real difference. Though as a book shop sometimes lots of rain would bring in more customers.

Here its a bit warmer than its been the past couple days. Its ~10f atm.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:57 pm
Sagebomb
Citrus Novii

That is so...weird.
XD

Gutted, yeah when I worked retail weather would make a real difference. Though as a book shop sometimes lots of rain would bring in more customers.

Here its a bit warmer than its been the past couple days. Its ~10f atm.

Dear lord.
I just wouldn't even go outside XD
It's been like...40 all day and I'm freezing lol.  

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Citrus Novii

Anxious Fairy

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:58 pm
GoldDiggingWhore
I've always been a fan of Christmas, but I know a bunch of people whose favorite holiday is Halloween. I think it's the geek thing to do, what with getting to dress up. Perfect excuse to cosplay.

o:
Did you dress up?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:10 pm
Citrus Novii

Dear lord.
I just wouldn't even go outside XD
It's been like...40 all day and I'm freezing lol.

XD its not too bad. It looks pretty.  

Sagebomb

Captain

Aged Prophet

41,150 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

DarkMoonSlayer
Crew

Feral Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:16 pm