Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:04 pm
((RP is taking place over Christmas Eve and Christmas; starting it early due to schedules and holiday business and whatnot and we don't want to be still working on it in the middle of January.))

Luke didn't often take the evening boat to Grande Ile, usually opting for morning or afternoon trips for the sake of arriving with time enough left in the day to get a few things done, but the boarding options weren't so diverse this close to a major holiday - and he didn't really want to be in the country longer than he had to anyway, given his reason for going.

Though he was reassured by Rosie's and Sera's presence, he couldn't help feeling somehow uneasy, and his rest the night after departing was fitful and inconsistent. He woke in the early hours of the following morning, quietly removing himself from the cabin and venturing out onto the deck. It was frigid, as one would appropriately expect of a vessel in the middle of the ocean during late December, but the crispness of the air worked wonders to clear his mind. It would be evening once more before they arrived in Grande Ile, so he felt secure taking just a moment or two on his feet when so many more hours would be spent seated. Pensively he approached the ship's rail, watching the pale disc of the sun shimmer just above the horizon.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:25 pm
It was oddly pleasant sleeping on a boat, the gentle rocking of the waves beneath gave a nice soothing motion that could easily lull one off to sleep, of course this wasn't true for everyone, but Rosie certainly found that the case.
This was not without a few unexpected movements that woke her in the night.

It was an odd time to be setting sail, if felt like they had just barely gotten on board before they were getting ready to turn in for the night.
a particularly large sway of the boat woke Rosie up from her sleep with a start.
The Vaporeon next to her remained in slumber as the trainer looked her over, then around the room as if getting her bearings for where she was.
ah, she remembered now, on a boat to Grand Ile, With Sera who was laying sleep on her bed, and Luke who... Wasn't there.
Blinking her eyes she glanced around, slowly waking up more as she found that Luke wasn't in the room.
Was he having trouble sleeping? She remembered he usually didn't like sitting still in boats so she assumed he would be outside again.

"Oh gosh what time is it?" Rosie asked herself under her voice, feeling around for her poke gear, once she found it she squinted through the illuminated screen at the time displayed on its face.
It was still pretty early, she assumed that other guests would be sleeping for at least a couple more hours.
Placing the gear back down, the blond shifted herself out of her own cot, finding her winter boots and slipping them on,
Thankfully the cabins for the guests were heated comfortably, though Rosie would get a much better appreciation for that fact as she slipped out of the rooms and out onto the deck.
"Oh my gosh" she breathed, pulling her hands into her sweater and hugging herself.
She set off around the railing to look for Luke.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:52 pm
It wouldn't take long for Rosie to find the person for whom she searched; Luke certainly wasn't making any effort to make himself scarce, his arms folded on the rail and the lower half of his face tucked into the swaddling warmth of a scarf. His attention was drawn to the sound of someone approaching, surprised that anyone else would be on the deck at this time of day - even more surprised when he found it was Rosie. His posture straightened immediately and he moved towards her, "What are you doing out here? It's freezing."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:11 pm
It was a relatively short search, much to her relief, He was just up by the railing, looking out again at the sun just starting to rise.
She smiled when he noticed her before she got to him, and nodded her head quickly at his comment. "Its really is." Rosie agreed walking up to him, unfolding her arms enough to wrap around one of his arms. "You weren't in the room, I thought you would be out here."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:16 pm
With his free arm he reached to the scarf around his neck, untangling it enough to throw across Rosie's shoulders. "Sounds like a safe bet," he said with a slight shrug. "Not but so many places to go on a boat."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:25 pm
"Oh, thank you-" Reaching up to touch the scarf, looking back up at him "Usually when we're on this boat I find you out here though," she pointed out with a light smile. "I didn't catch you singing again this time"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 6:53 pm
"Heh, maybe you came out too soon," he teased. He then paused and exhaled lightly, his breath condensing in the winter air, "I always kind of find my way out here, I guess."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:09 pm
She giggled, bringing her hands back into her sweater and bringing it up to her face.
Watching him breath through the cold air, she watched him in silence for a couple of seconds, before she hummed lightly.
"Are you nervous?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:13 pm
He fell silent and immobile for a moment, his only sign of life the pale mist he occasionally exhaled into the freezing air and the innate warmth of his body. "No," he responded at length, "I don't think that's it."  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:21 pm
"Its something else?" She asked, a hand reaching out to touch the cold metal of the railing through her sleeve, though not keeping her hand on it long before she looked back to Luke, a slight tilt of her head.  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:59 pm
"Mm…" It wasn't clear whether the sound was positive or negative, and he followed it with further silence. He remained hesitant to burden others, even Rosie, with his troubles and concerns, knowing that his melancholy had caused his friends varying degrees of distress in the past.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:20 pm
Her eyes remained on him as he continued in silence, It wasn't the first time she's seen him like this, and it usually always had to do with his home, Grand Ile, or his family. None of those things he had an easy time talking about.
letting out a purposeful puff of frosty air, Rosie shifted her boots to scoot closer to Luke, reaching her arms around him gently.
"You get that look every time you know."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:44 pm
Her response surprised him mildly, and he drew his eyes up questioningly, unaware if there was anything particularly telling about his demeanor - though he wouldn't have been shocked to hear otherwise. "What do you mean?"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:51 pm
She hugged the scarf to her neck, a slight tilt of her head shaking the hair out of her eyes as she took a moment to consider the words to describe what she meant.
"Its a look like you're really far away, you're thinking of something that's troubling, You used to have it all the time, but you've always had it during trips that involved Grand Ile too."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:21 pm
The smile he wore was faint and resigned, his tone quiet, "I didn't know I was so easy to read." The smile fell from his lips; it was very much true that the subject of his thoughts wasn't something especially easy to talk about. "I'm just sort of… amazed, I guess, in a manner of speaking," he said. "Minus all the good parts of amazement, though. It's just hard to believe that a year ago, you know…" The more he tried to reach the words, the more his emotions leaked into his features, gradually drawing out an increasingly painful expression.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff