Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kangit
Captain

High-functioning Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:59 am
About:

Since I haven't had as much time to update various threads around the guild, I've decided to let people become Crew members to see if it'll help speed up the updates. You can also become a Crew member for Were-Animals zOMG! Clan (in which case, you should specify that your request is for the clan, not the guild), but most of what I say below applies to this guild.

Other than not vandalizing the threads and following the ToS, there's not really anything that Crew members have to be doing. There is no minimum post requirement, and you don't have a "quota" of how many updates you need to do. If you see something that can be fixed or updated, such as moving threads to their rightful place, updating the Were-Item lists or guides, etc., then feel free to do so. Although you may want to avoid editing posts that quote somebody in them, as editing and resubmitting a post with a quote will send another notice to the person being quoted.

The main things that most need to be worked on are:

1. Sorting the Were-Items on the homepage into the various lists. If a Were-Item has been accurately added to all of the lists, then I'll take it off the homepage (since I don't think Crew members can edit the homepage).

2. Updating and creating new Were-Item Guides. Most of the ones that are there already have out of date information, and most of them haven't been started at all. If you decide to work on these, I don't expect you to fill in every single category, as some sections wouldn't apply to every Were-Item, the information might not be available, or the information is just hard to find. But I believe partial information is better than nothing.

The most likely reason why I would revoke your Crew status would be if you're intentionally messing up the threads. If you know you're not likely to be coming back to do any updates, you can also ask to be demoted back to being Member level.

Rules:

1. Don't delete any of the threads or posts. If a topic is closed, or will no longer be useful, you can move it to the Recycle Bin.

2. Don't vandalize the threads. An occasional mistake is okay, but try not to do it too often.

How to sign up:

If you want to become a Crew member, all you have to do is PM me or post here and say you would like to be a Crew member.

If you have any questions about this, then feel free to ask. cat_3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:23 am
ninja  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Vice Captain

Sparkly Fairy

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:54 am
Faerie KatrinaZ
ninja

Do you want to be a Crew member, or are you just bumping the thread? cat_eek  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:41 am
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
ninja

This thread intrigued me, and I saw that you weren't getting any responses, so both. wink I'm considering the offer here, but I'm just not sure if I can provide the extra computer time needed for researching the updates you need to have done. sweatdrop As you already know, I'm "on staff" at 2 other guilds. If you're in need of someone to help watch over the guild and make use of my administrative and keyboarding skills (proof reading, editing, filing, etc.), then I'm your person.  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Vice Captain

Sparkly Fairy

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:52 am
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
ninja

This thread intrigued me, and I saw that you weren't getting any responses, so both. wink I'm considering the offer here, but I'm just not sure if I can provide the extra computer time needed for researching the updates you need to have done. sweatdrop As you already know, I'm "on staff" at 2 other guilds. If you're in need of someone to help watch over the guild and make use of my administrative and keyboarding skills (proof reading, editing, filing, etc.), then I'm your person.

Well, as I said, there's no set amount of work you would have to do. Mainly, I assume you would just update things that you notice has something missing. There's a lot of things missing from the Were-Items Lists and the guides, for example. I mainly just don't want you to completely delete the posts or threads (so no clicking on the X to the right of Edit). cat_smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:32 am
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
ninja

Well, as I said, there's no set amount of work you would have to do. Mainly, I assume you would just update things that you notice has something missing. There's a lot of things missing from the Were-Items Lists and the guides, for example. I mainly just don't want you to completely delete the posts or threads (so no clicking on the X to the right of Edit). cat_smile

I'm well versed in Crew protocol, and deleting questionable posts/threads is not an option without consultation. Depending on the severity, most especially where ToS are concerned, I'd lock a thread and/or [temporarily] move it to the Crew room to bring to your attention. As for the guide updates, I'll be nosing around in the subforums anyway, so I suppose taking a few to see if I can fill in some of the blanks wouldn't be that hard to do.  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Vice Captain

Sparkly Fairy

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:36 am
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
ninja

I'm well versed in Crew protocol, and deleting questionable posts/threads is not an option without consultation. Depending on the severity, most especially where ToS are concerned, I'd lock a thread and/or [temporarily] move it to the Crew room to bring to your attention. As for the guide updates, I'll be nosing around in the subforums anyway, so I suppose taking a few to see if I can fill in some of the blanks wouldn't be that hard to do.

Sounds good. cat_smile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:58 am
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
ninja

Sounds good. cat_smile

Awesome! emotion_awesome *Starts nosing around.* wink  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Vice Captain

Sparkly Fairy

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:10 am
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ

Sounds good. cat_smile

Okay, then. There are a few random-ish things in the Crew Lounge that I didn't post outside yet. Don't know if that one with the jokes are any good. They might just be too punny. cat_xp  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:25 am
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ

Sounds good. cat_smile

Okay, then. There are a few random-ish things in the Crew Lounge that I didn't post outside yet. Don't know if that one with the jokes are any good. They might just be too punny. cat_xp

Some of those are pretty funny! blaugh  

Faerie KatrinaZ
Vice Captain

Sparkly Fairy

Kangit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:26 am
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ
Kangit
Faerie KatrinaZ

Sounds good. cat_smile

Some of those are pretty funny! blaugh

Thank you. cat_smile  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:40 am
Thread's still open if anyone wants to help out and become a Crew member. cat_ninja I seem to be getting less and less time to do any updates.  

Kangit
Captain

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:21 pm
                I wouldn't mind coming in to update the Were-Item Guide whenever I can. I'd like to be a crew member for this guild. (:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:01 pm
Pickled Cactus
                I wouldn't mind coming in to update the Were-Item Guide whenever I can. I'd like to be a crew member for this guild. (:

Well then, there you go! cat_razz  

Kangit
Captain

Pickled Cactus

Enthusiastic Astronomer

20,125 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Energy Generator 250
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:25 am
Kangit
Pickled Cactus

Well then, there you go! cat_razz

thanks! I'll start by posting a few of the new I Am items. I guess I'd be allowed to start new topics in the Guild Lists?

Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff