Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:07 pm
It hadn't stormed in Camphoreon for at least week now, though the snow was not melted from the grass and trees, it was proving much more safe to drive now and the heavy trafficked sidewalks were cleared of snow and ice.
For a winter day, the weather was proving to be rather nice, it was fortunate, Since Rosie had made previous plans to meet up with a good friend Dith for lunch and tea.

It was still weather to bundle up in, as jackets and scarfs were warn to keep Rosie warm, one hand tucked into her pocket as she made her way down the street toward the place she was meeting Dith, her other hand holding Luke's. there was a joyous bounce in her step, partly from excitement and partly to help keep warm in the cold.
"That's the place" Rosie announced, nodding toward a nice looking lunch and cafe."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:45 am
For once it was kind of a nice day, if only comparatively; it was still winter, and there was still snow on the ground and a chill in the air, but the sun was shining and the good mood of the person beside him was positively infectious.

It wasn't often that Luke met with Dith, though he usually found when he did that he appreciated the older man's company - he was good-natured, easy to talk to, and generally knowledgeable about a lot of things - and so he had had zero complaints about the appointment. He noted the cafe as Rosie pointed it out and pushed open the door when they approached it, enjoying the heated interior and glancing around to see if the individual they had come to meet had already arrived.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:51 am
Quite what Rosie wanted to meet up about Dith didn't know but he didn't object to the meeting, far from it! It wasn't often enough that he got to see her lately... well for a while now actually, time had flow by with working full time and then the mess with his sister and then - well - all the stuff that had happened since his return. In short he would be glad to spend some time with the young woman and with Luke too, who he knew far less well but liked very well all the same.

When the door to the cafe opened the scarred man looked up from his phone and, on spotting the pair, grinned and raised a hand in greeting from the table he had already acquired for them. Opinions on temperature were relative of course; Dith was quite comfortable inside in jeans and a t-shirt, and a lightweight jacket over the back of his chair seemed to be his only concession to the chill of winter.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:28 pm
It took no time to locate their friend once they had entered the cafe, and it wasn't just becasue she was so familiar with his appearance by now. It was hard to miss him period.

He seemed to have noticed them as well before she could ever start making her way over. a bright smile greeted his wave, and she hurried over to greet Dith with a hug "Its good to see you again! How was your holiday?"  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:46 pm
Luke's approach was more reserved, warming his hands against one another as he nodded his own greeting, an amicable smile in his features, and taking a place near Rosie while she spoke to Dith.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:34 am
As Rosie approached Dith manoeuvred his way out of his chair and stooped to give the blonde a bear hug, careful not to squeeze too hard of course because nobody liked bruised ribs. "Holiday?" he snorted and shook his head. "What holiday? Everything is all go, always. Hey Luke, how are you?" The young man looked better again than when he'd last seen him, but then again when he'd last seen him they'd just spent an exhausting day scrabbling through mines after kidnapped pokemon.

"Oh, do sit down! Don't let me keep us standing around in the way." As the thought occurred Dith gestured to the chairs, sinking back into his own to avoid Looming any longer. "You hungry? All of the food sounds very good to me." If the pair would let him he planned to buy for them but he didn't want to get pushy with that before they'd even finished saying hello.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:14 am
"Its been that busy huh?" It wasn't a huge surprise, he was a doctor after all. "Well, maybe soon you'll get to have things slow down, and enjoy this winter before it ends."
The snow was beautiful, even if it was a particularly cold winter this year.

Rosie glanced over at Luke as the older man spoke to him, smiling at him before taking the offer to sit down. "I'm pretty hungry, I've never had anything to eat here before, usually just tea and the pastries."
she was curious to see what kind of food they served, picking up the menu and glancing over it.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:46 am
"Doing all right," he replied with a nod and a smile. Social etiquette followed that he should ask the same in return, but it seemed that the answer had already been covered in his response to Rosie, so he instead opted to act on the suggestion of seating himself.  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:14 pm
"They have portion sizes," Dith extolled with a little wave of the menu, "a good idea, if you ask me. It's sad to leave food, or to not get enough." In most places he ate the food was about enough for him, with a side or starter or dessert, but the amount of food overwhelmed a lot of people. Very sad.

"I've got a week off coming up," he continued with a nod and a smile to the pair, having talked more than enough about food for the time being by his own estimation. "The thirtieth through the... fifth? Yes, the fifth. I'd rather have that period off, New Year's is terrible one of the most hectic days of any year." In a minute he would mention his party and get out their invites but, again, he didn't want to be too pushy.

"What've you two been up to?" he asked, picking up his menu again but keeping his eye pointed up at his young friends for now as he awaited a reply.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:53 pm
"Ohh" she chimed in interest at mention of portion size, seeing a note of that on the menu. "I've never any place do that before, that's really smart."

She lowered her menu to look at Dith when he said he had a week off coming up, her eyes brightened "So you'll have one holiday off, even if it will be a bit busy. Do you have any plans for you're vacation?" Just relaxing would make a lot of sense, but who knows if he planned on going home, or staying here? or to another place to enjoy his break.

She looked over at Luke when they were asked what they had been up to, well she certainly had a perfect opening there.
"Oh, well, the weathers making pokemon training a little hard, but keeping up with that, but- Luke had his birthday recently, we went back to Grand Ile over Christmas for that." the blond smiled a little brighter, looking over at Luke once more "And part of the reason we wanted to come see you, to tell you that Luke and I are engaged now."  

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:04 pm
Dith had started thinking around what his plans exactly were but he was just slightly a little bit distracted by what Rosie said next.

He blinked; it was obviously a blink not a wink from the baffled look on his face. "You're-?" What? He knew, had known for some time that they liked one another but he had been waiting for them to get around to dating!... Dating, Luke was from Grande Isle and things were different there. Swords, strange beautiful clothes and... well he had no idea on dating but the... the antiquated, classical feel of the culture from his very, very, very shallow understanding of it.... Did they do dating?

He'd been quiet for some moments now, and realizing this Dith shook himself physically and gave a little laugh: pleasure and self deprecateion. "Sorry you're... you're... did I hear you right? Engaged?" If he had, if they were, if this wasn't just a joke....

!!!!!!!

Though Dith was a bright man he was still more emotional than he was clever and so !!!!!!! firmly took precedence over any coherent thoughts on the subject at hand.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:15 pm
Luke had to assume that there really wasn't any way to get around surprising people with the information, given that it had been a surprise to the individuals most affected. "Yeah," he confirmed, looking briefly and warmly to Rosie. "Engaged."  

Suudonym
Vice Captain

Winner

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:23 pm
She knew that they were not likely to get way with this kind of announcement without a great deal of surprise and some form of explaining.
though Dith was the first of their friends, aside from Sera to find out and Rosie was having a hard time containing her excitement

Her menu was brought back up to cover half of her face, beaming and nodding when Luke confirmed it for Dith.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:33 pm
"You're- congratulations!" He managed to keep his voice to a normal level, just, it had been a struggle. Luke and Rosie. Rosie and Luke. How much had they been through together in the time he'd know them, the time he'd been away, and now all over again? A lot. An awful lot. They were young but nobody could claim they were just dumb ignorant kids who didn't really know one another and were just overcome by hormones and superficial desires.

As the thoughts trickled through his head the look of surprise on the big man's face was slowly replaced by a huge grin. Abruptly however his train of thought hit a change in the points and he straightened, brows raising so much it looked like they might part company from his forehead, before ducking just as abruptly to dig through his bag.

"I have the best idea!" he grinned as he dug out a pair of white envelopes and passed them over. "They're invites," he explained quickly, "to my birthday party on the night of the thirty-first, running through until the first when it is actually my birthday. You should share it with me! I mean, if you don't have anything else planned?" They might well do but the idea of celebrating two different things together with all of their friends there appealed deeply to Dith, and the excited gaze he fixed them with was worthy of a ten year old at Christmas.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Blood_Goddess
Crew

Supreme Roisterer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:01 pm
His enthusiasm only fed into Rosie's and it was with an excited giggle, placing the menu back on the table. "Thank you~ I'm just- Heee thank you~"

Dith's abrupt expression change, and the presentation of the invitations caused the blond to blink down at the piece of paper, her eyebrows arching a little more as she looked from Luke, to Dith, "Oh- Wow, but no Dith! its you're birthday! I didn't know that was coming up so soon. We can't ask you to share you're birthday."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff